Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whit on Sirius NFL Radio
(02-21-2017, 02:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not trying to be a downer, but I have a bad feeling about the o-line. Ogbuehi looks like a bust in the making, Fisher is ok I guess. Zeitler is probably gone, and I'm starting to think Whit will seek a ring elsewhere. We could be looking at a Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Westerman-Fisher line for 2017.

Yeah if that's the case maybe we should see what we can get for Green.  Afterall star receivers never really win rings anyways these days. Hell NE couldn't even get one with Moss.  You need guys like Hogan and shit. Whatever

Reply/Quote
To further prove my point.

Julio Jones - Nada
Larry Fitz - Nada
Randy Moss - Nada
Calvin Johnson - Nada
TO - Nada
A Brown - Nada
Dez Bryant - Nada
Aj Green - Nada
Chad Johnson - Nada
Beckham Jr. - Nada

and on and on

Great for fantasy, highlight reels, and jersey sales ..and that's about it.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not trying to be a downer, but I have a bad feeling about the o-line. Ogbuehi looks like a bust in the making, Fisher is ok I guess. Zeitler is probably gone, and I'm starting to think Whit will seek a ring elsewhere. We could be looking at a Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Westerman-Fisher line for 2017.

If this happens Jordan should up Andy's life insurance policy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
So basically were looking at the good possibility of losing both Whit and Zeitler.

Just your typical Mike Brown Bungled Free Agency.

"We keep our own" lol
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not trying to be a downer, but I have a bad feeling about the o-line. Ogbuehi looks like a bust in the making, Fisher is ok I guess. Zeitler is probably gone, and I'm starting to think Whit will seek a ring elsewhere. We could be looking at a Ogbuehi-Boling-Bodine-Westerman-Fisher line for 2017.

Depressing to say the least.

Reply/Quote

That's not being a downer, that's being realistic.  If I'm Dalton, I demand a trade if this happens.  Y'all can down Palmer all you want, but this exact same shit show went down 8 or 9 years ago.....I never blamed the dude for wanting out of the ineptitude.  If they trot that bullshit out there this season, we'll be lucky to win 2 or 3 games.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

RIP Andy Dalton
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

If that happens, then those shitheads in the front office can pack up and move to London for all I care.  That would be as loud a statement as could be made that they don't care about winning.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 08:55 PM)Trademark Wrote: I hope Whit does leave a go to a good team so he can finally win a super bowl, he's not winning one here as long as the three stooges are around. (Mike Clown, Marvin Doofus and Piano Man.)

Love whit but if I was him I would take a cheaper contract to play for the Pats or Steelers or Broncos.

Z should leave because he is younger and can have more than a few years with an organization that actually is committed to excellence.

Someone said we are screwed if Whit and  Z leave - no, we are already screwed regardless of whether they stay or leave. We will lose 2 games to steelers and either not make playoffs or go out in one game so long as Marv is HC and Alexander is O line coach and Bodine is the center.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 08:55 PM)Trademark Wrote: I hope Whit does leave a goes to a good team so he can finally win a super bowl, he's not winning one here as long as the three stooges are around. (Mike Clown, Marvin Doofus and Piano Man.)

My sentiments EXACTLY!
Go for the brass ring, Whitt. This team isn't going anywhere. Best wishes for great success wherever you go!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 10:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's not being a downer, that's being realistic.  If I'm Dalton, I demand a trade if this happens.  Y'all can down Palmer all you want, but this exact same shit show went down 8 or 9 years ago.....I never blamed the dude for wanting out of the ineptitude.  If they trot that bullshit out there this season, we'll be lucky to win 2 or 3 games.

Dalton, Green, Eifert and Geno should get out ASAP. They are great guys and I hope they can escape before it is too late for them.

Houston would become a serious Super Bowl contender if Dalton was their QB.

All three of these guys could make the Hall of Fame in the right situation and have a real shot at a Super Bowl playing for an organization committed to an excellent coaching staff and one that demands accountability from coaches and players.

We all know how this will end, once again, in 2017.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 05:43 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Is it just me, or is practically every offensive lineman lacking strength coming out of college still lacking it 3-4 years later?

It's probably hard to play catch-up. They all come from great college strength and conditioning programs.

Didn't CO have a back issue that prevented him from lifting heavy?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:37 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: To further prove my point.

Julio Jones - Nada
Larry Fitz - Nada
Randy Moss - Nada
Calvin Johnson - Nada
TO - Nada
A Brown - Nada
Dez Bryant - Nada
Aj Green - Nada
Chad Johnson - Nada
Beckham Jr. - Nada

and on and on

These posts get pretty ridiculous at some point.

If you don't think that Julio Jones can win a Super Bowl on your team, I don't know what to tell you.  He had it won, and then the coaches jacked it from him.

I won't go into the specifics on all the others, but those guys would be great additions to any team that is looking to win a Super Bowl.

I guess since we are here, lets take a look at the best left tackles in the league:

Joe Thomas - Nada
Whitworth - Nada
Tryonn Smith - Nada
Jason Peters - Nada
Trent Williams - Nada
Terron Armstead - Nada
Joe Staley - Nada
Donald Penn - Nada
Cordy Glenn - Nada
Jared Veldheer - Nada
Duane Brown - Nada
Taylor Lewan - Nada

Man, you don't need to waste money on Whit.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:37 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: To further prove my point.

Julio Jones - Nada
Larry Fitz - Nada
Randy Moss - Nada
Calvin Johnson - Nada
TO - Nada
A Brown - Nada
Dez Bryant - Nada
Aj Green - Nada
Chad Johnson - Nada
Beckham Jr. - Nada

and on and on

Don't need a great running back either

LeSean McCoy - Nada
Adrian Peterson - Nada
Jamaal Charles - Nada
LaDanian Tomlinson - Nada
Frank Gore - Nada
Steven Jackson - Nada
Edgerrin James - Nada
Matt Forte - Nada
Chris Johnson - Nada
DeAngelo Williams - Nada
Arian Foster - Nada

Apparently all you need in the AFC is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or Big Ben.

Only 2 times in the last 16 years did another QB represent the AFC. Joe Flacco and Rich Gannon
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately you need great coaching, front office and commitment to win.
Reply/Quote
I can't blame Whit for wanting to move on.  Big Z will not get the kind of offer he expects from the Bengals at his position.  I find it hard to believe the FO will pay a guard that kine of money.  

But fear not...I have a solution.  

Sign Wagner at RT, Warmack or Leary at RG.  Then play BOTH Fisher and Og at LT...
at the same time! Yes, the Bengals will be the first modern NFL team with 6 Offensive linemen...  

Sarcasm 

Seriously...this is disturbing.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 09:24 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Unfortunately you need great coaching, front office and commitment to win.

DingDing
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Every team replaces players. If we dont keep the oldest tackle in the league the world wont end. There are others out there capable of playing LT. No matter how you put it guard is not a premium position. Good guards are found in many different places.

Our OL sucked. Spending most of our money to keep the group responsible for a bad season intact seems a little crazy.

Overcome and adapt. Whit and Zeitler are not the only capable players at their positions.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:14 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Every team replaces players. If we dont keep the oldest tackle in the league the world wont end. There are others out there capable of playing LT. No matter how you put it guard is not a premium position. Good guards are found in many different places.

Our OL sucked. Spending most of our money to keep the group responsible for a bad season intact seems a little crazy.

Overcome and adapt. Whit and Zeitler are not the only capable players at their positions.

I'd agree 100% if I knew the Bengals were willing to address the o-line through FA.

A solid tackle that's younger than Whit wouldn't be the worst idea.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 11:54 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Love whit but if I was him I would take a cheaper contract to play for the Pats or Steelers or Broncos.

Z should leave because he is younger and can have more than a few years with an organization that actually is committed to excellence.

Someone said we are screwed if Whit and  Z leave - no, we are already screwed regardless of whether they stay or leave. We will lose 2 games to steelers and either not make playoffs or go out in one game so long as Marv is HC and Alexander is O line coach and Bodine is the center.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote