Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Whit on Sirius NFL Radio
(02-20-2017, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Driving into work this afternoon to feed my fish, I caught an interview with Whit. Some observations:

He said he wants to keep playing but wants to play with a Super Bowl caliber team.

He said he'd love to stay in Cincy; however, you got the impression that he would rather go elsewhere if we go into rebuild mode

He loves Z, but something in the interview made me feel like he thinks he is already gone (txt'd him and told him he deserves what he gets, wherever it is at.

Ced's problem is not technique or footwork, the problem is he lacks the core strength to play against grown men.

Likes Fisher

Radio personalities (Marvez, Wilcots) said Bengals drafted to replace Whit, but they would be stupid to let him walk.

Synopsis: If we want to keep Whit, we shouldn't worry about the future.

It was in progress when I caught it. So if anyone else heard it feel free to chime in

We need to reassure him.

Tell him we are seriously going to try and improve the team through FA this year instead of how we have in the past.

Fire PA and sign someone competent that can coach up Fisher, Og, Westerman, new Center, Hopkins etc.

Go Get Ricky Wagner and Ronald Leary. Draft an Early Center...

This would bring him back and we would have a shot at a Superbowl. Do it, damn it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We need to reassure him.

Tell him we are seriously going to try and improve the team through FA this year instead of how we have in the past.

Fire PA and sign someone competent that can coach up Fisher, Og, Westerman, new Center, Hopkins etc.

Go Get Ricky Wagner and Ronald Leary. Draft an Early Center...

This would bring him back and we would have a shot at a Superbowl. Do it, damn it. Mellow

This. Part of me says let it fall apart and we will get a new coaching staff, but I know that's not going to happen. Why make the best teams even more invincible by unloading our best players. Sure, the O-line blows and the defense is aging, but we still have a darn good nucleus. Our chances are better of winning in spite of Marvin than they are getting rid of him and his crew. Keep what we can and build around them, at least our competitive teams are better than what it once was when nobody expected us to win, including us!
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:49 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: This. Part of me says let it fall apart and we will get a new coaching staff, but I know that's not going to happen. Why make the best teams even more invincible by unloading our best players. Sure, the O-line blows and the defense is aging, but we still have a darn good nucleus. Our chances are better of winning in spite of Marvin than they are getting rid of him and his crew. Keep what we can and build around them, at least our competitive teams are better than what it once was when nobody expected us to win, including us!

True, but if we did what i said here our O-line wouldn't blow anymore atleast and we could draft a bunch of young guys on Defense.

Letting Peko, Maualuga and Adam go would help our Defense as a whole and we would be younger with more dough to throw at other FA's.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, but if we did what i said here our O-line wouldn't blow anymore atleast and we could draft a bunch of young guys on Defense.

Letting Peko, Maualuga and Adam go would help our Defense as a whole and we would be younger with more dough to throw at other FA's.

Totally agree with your idea of reloading! Just not the concept some have of unloading AJ, Geno, and letting all our FA's walk and completely starting over! Peko, Malulaga, and Adam no problem. Only problem I see is I can't see us making smart FA moves like the ones you suggested, we tend to get one or two from the over the hill gang at minimum salaries.
Reply/Quote