Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whit wants to continue at LT in 2017
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Slants-Whit-looking-at-LT-in-2017-Hello-Swag-at-bye-Kumerow-finally-gets-call/e6812982-8718-47e1-8c52-b2fcca1939de

What's interesting however is how he puts it.

Quote:“My first choice is to play left tackle in 2017 somewhere,” Whitworth said Tuesday when the Bengals returned to work from the holiday. “Hopefully here. My No. 1 choice is here.”

“To me it’s about putting the best people out there playing football,” Whitworth said. “I think I have a talent that’s rare at left tackle in pass protection. There are just not many guys out there that are good at that level.”

On Saturday night Whitworth worked next to Ogbuehi, but it sounds like he’d prefer tackle. Asked about the possibility of moving to left guard next year to help the transition Whitworth said, “It would depend on what the other offers were. That’s a diverse world. It depends on what you’re getting paid to do and that kind of deal.”

I happen to agree with him. But what doesn't Mikey Brown think?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 02:40 AM)BengalChris Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Slants-Whit-looking-at-LT-in-2017-Hello-Swag-at-bye-Kumerow-finally-gets-call/e6812982-8718-47e1-8c52-b2fcca1939de

What's interesting however is how he puts it.

I happen to agree with him. But what doesn't Mikey Brown think?

He will want LT money and dumbass will lowball him.  Thanks for the memories Whit.....Kraft WON'T offer LG money and Whit gets a crack at a ring.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We need to pay him whatever it takes for 2-3 more years, let him retire here and take over for Alexander. Hell, fire Alexander now and make Whit OLine player-coach.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Definitely need to keep him. He's need now as much/more than ever.
Reply/Quote
They will resign him and tell him all through OTA's and camp thats he's gonna start at LT and the day before the first game tell him he has to play LG.
Reply/Quote
He will be our starting LT next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 09:17 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Definitely need to keep him. He's need now as much/more than ever.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
it is a must to keep Whit at this point.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sign him for 2 more years. Whatever it takes to keep oggieboggie off the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:46 AM)Shady Wrote: We need to pay him whatever it takes for 2-3 more years, let him retire here and take over for Alexander. Hell, fire Alexander now and make Whit OLine player-coach.

I am with Shady. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 11:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He will be our starting LT next year.

Agreed. He was the best o-lineman this year and likely isn't demanding huge money. Need to keep him and Zeitler. They were the only two o-line men who performed consistently well
Reply/Quote
The guy's starting to sound like a diva to me. Find out where he lives, and throw trash in his yard.😎
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 03:52 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: Agreed. He was the best o-lineman this year and likely isn't demanding huge money. Need to keep him and Zeitler. They were the only two o-line men who performed consistently well

Boling wasn't bad this year and i would argue might of been better than Zeitler.

It was Og and Bodine who were the problems. Zeit was in between these two though so hard to blame the guy.
Reply/Quote
You resign him. I don't care that we drafted someone to replace him. They've proven they can't step up and Whit is still playing at a high level.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
My usually half full glass of optimism broke during the second half against the Steelers and I see 2017-2020 as rebuilding years.  It pains me to write this, believe me!  I love the leadership and maturity Andrew Whitworth brings to the Cincinnati locker room and his playing record is amazing.  Andrew is still the best player on the Bengals' offensive line -- but is that really a compliment, saying he's better than Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher, Clint Boling, Kevin Zeitler, and Russell Bodine?

I know I'm in the minority here but I think Andrew Whitworth needs, no, deserves a shot at a Super Bowl ring which isn't going to happen in Cincinnati any time soon.  If he wants to retire as a Bengal, fine, that's his call, but if he stays he shouldn't start every game because -- again, this pains me -- it's time to get a new left tackle ready.  I don't know who that is; maybe Jake Fisher.  Even the great Willie Anderson finished his career in Baltimore and the best left tackle in NFL history, Anthony Munoz, retired in Tampa Bay. 

Andrew Whitworth has lost a few steps but I think he needs to move along  or motivate from the bench before Andy Dalton loses a few teeth.
Reply/Quote
I hope Whit goes to Pats and wins a Superbowl.

He has been one of the best Bengals in history and deserves to have a chance to play for a Superbowl instead of being at a franchise running in sand.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My usually half full glass of optimism broke during the second half against the Steelers and I see 2017-2020 as rebuilding years.  It pains me to write this, believe me!  I love the leadership and maturity Andrew Whitworth brings to the Cincinnati locker room and his playing record is amazing.  Andrew is still the best player on the Bengals' offensive line -- but is that really a compliment, saying he's better than Cedric Ogbuehi, Jake Fisher, Clint Boling, Kevin Zeitler, and Russell Bodine?

I know I'm in the minority here but I think Andrew Whitworth needs, no, deserves a shot at a Super Bowl ring which isn't going to happen in Cincinnati any time soon.  If he wants to retire as a Bengal, fine, that's his call, but if he stays he shouldn't start every game because -- again, this pains me -- it's time to get a new left tackle ready.  I don't know who that is; maybe Jake Fisher.  Even the great Willie Anderson finished his career in Baltimore and the best left tackle in NFL history, Anthony Munoz, retired in Tampa Bay. 

Andrew Whitworth has lost a few steps but I think he needs to move along  or motivate from the bench before Andy Dalton loses a few teeth.
Totally agree that Whit is one of the best players in franchise history and that he deserves to go to a team that has a shot at winning the Super bowl. That will never be the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
there are many great players that have left teams and still not won or went to a Super Bowl. Whitworth has deep roots here and I believe the right offer from Bengals he stays here.. if he leaves I do believe he would leave for a playoff type team like the Bengals have been the last 5 years till this year. You just never know what is going to happen. think about if he went last year to Denver or Carolina for this season.. neither are even in the Playoffs..
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 07:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: there are many great players that have left teams and still not won or went to a Super Bowl.  Whitworth has deep roots here and I believe the right offer from Bengals he stays here.. if he leaves I do believe he would leave for a playoff type team like the Bengals have been the last 5 years till this year.  You just never know what is going to happen. think about if he went last year to Denver or Carolina for this season.. neither are even in the Playoffs..

Recently, Whit has been quoted about his steady weight loss over the past few years, the result of a conscious effort to prolong his playing career plus the benefit of better health. Combine that with his comments regarding the huge difference in body types between successful tackles and guards and his desire to stay at tackle, and that tells me he's paying close attention to the Bengals intentions and off-season actions. 

He seems to believe he would best be used at tackle, and as long as the team convinces him that they are going all out to get to the Super Bowl, I think he will find a way to make a deal to stay. Move him to guard and watch him leave.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like typical posturing for contract negotiations.

He will be back next year as our LT.
Reply/Quote