Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
White Out Thursday
Did anyone else wonder, “Who the **** is White and what position does he play?”
Reply/Quote
The White Out was very aesthetically pleasing on tv. Uniforms, field, huge majority of fans in white. It was a very cool looking atmosphere. Another W for the PR team.
Reply/Quote
I thought the white out looked great and I was impressed with the record crowd.  The picture of Mike Brown sitting in his owner's suite defiantly wearing a dark jacket sums up why I am glad his daughter and granddaughters are taking over.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This was probably not the best choice of games to unveil the white helmets, since Miami's are mostly white as well. Should have opened against Pissburgh in them.

Next game we wear the White Helmets are against the Stealers in Pitt. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Can I just say how great it feels to FINALLY see the white/black helmet that fans have been wanting for what seems like a couple decades now?
I mean, it REALLY happened... and they WON in them!
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:37 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I thought the white out looked great and I was impressed with the record crowd.  The picture of Mike Brown sitting in his owner's suite defiantly wearing a dark jacket sums up why I am glad his daughter and granddaughters are taking over.

Great to see so much support, but it would be nice if some of these new fans learned when to shut it. Burrow said they almost had to go to a silent count due to the noise. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 11:47 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Can I just say how great it feels to FINALLY see the white/black helmet that fans have been wanting for what seems like a couple decades now?
I mean, it REALLY happened... and they WON in them!

Yeah, was just awesome. We have been calling for them for a long damn time and they lived up to it big time.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, was just awesome. We have been calling for them for a long damn time and they lived up to it big time.

Now, we just need the Black-with-Orange-stripe helmets, and the alt-helmet collection will be complete!   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:40 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Now, we just need the Black-with-Orange-stripe helmets, and the alt-helmet collection will be complete!   Tongue

I won't go that far lol
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I won't go that far lol

Me neither. Not only do the mock ups look bad, they make no sense. The Bengals orange and white helmets both match the stripes on a Bengal tiger. I've never seen a Bengal tiger that was black with orange stripes.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Great to see so much support, but it would be nice if some of these new fans learned when to shut it. Burrow said they almost had to go to a silent count due to the noise. 

All Burrow had to do was be polite and the crowds would have obliged. 
[Image: chad-gable-alpha-academy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think it was cool that this was the game with most attendance ever at PBS, sorry Paycor Stadium.   What a great game for that.  Awesome uniforms, the Ring of Honor for Anderson and Curtis, and the fans seemed to get involved as well.  I got tickets for my Mom and her husband to the game.  They told me they had a great time and really enjoyed the entire experience.  They thought it was really cool to be part of history too.  

Here is a picture they sent me.  You can see across the field most in the stands are wearing white aside from some Dolphins colors mixed in.

[Image: WrXFFp0.jpg]

What a change things have been.  From several years ago wondering if enough tickets would be sold to the game to have it be on TV to the most attended game in Bengals history.  My Mom called me today and she could not rave enough about how awesome the experience was.  She was really impressed with everything from getting into the stadium to how the game presented to those in attendance.  So hats off to the Bengals organization.  Also with the head in the foreground of the picture, no pun intended with hats off.  :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
[Image: blackout-oliver-putnam.gif]
Reply/Quote
Waiting on the game pics to go up, but from what I could tell the Ben-Gals were looking fine in their black and white outfits as well. I actually looked the other day to see if tickets were still available for this game and the cheapest seats I saw that were not standing room only were over $500.00. The days of cheap football in Cincinnati are over...... and that's a good thing. (to a point)
Reply/Quote
Did anyone else notice Whit, Richard Sherman, Fitzy and Charissa and were sitting there wearing normal clothes and Tony Gonzales was wearing a scarf and thick leather winter gloves. Wonder if he has some kind of nerve damage that makes him cold.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 03:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did anyone else notice Whit, Richard Sherman, Fitzy and Charissa and were sitting there wearing normal clothes and Tony Gonzales was wearing a scarf and thick leather winter gloves. Wonder if he has some kind of nerve damage that makes him cold.

Could just be a southern boy.

I've got family and friends that left Ohio for Texas - some recently, some long before I was born - and none of them can handle 60 degree nights anymore. Too cold for them, especially if it's windy.

Point of fact my uncle came up a few years ago on a family camping trip in mid-August. Nights got down to 70ish degrees; old man had a sweater on the second it dipped below 80.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 09:37 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I thought the white out looked great and I was impressed with the record crowd.  The picture of Mike Brown sitting in his owner's suite defiantly wearing a dark jacket sums up why I am glad his daughter and granddaughters are taking over.

Notice how ***** dirty his hat looked?

Might've been the lighting, but I've had white hats go that same shade after mowing my Dad's acres (by push mower because I was being punished for school shit back in the day) in the middle of July.
Reply/Quote
I don't know who watched the game on Prime, but I was so annoyed by their coverage of the roll-out of the white uniforms. Not the camera crew, which seemed attuned to what was going on, but the announcers. The announcers seemed oblivious to what was going on.

As the announcers prattled on mindlessly about who knows what, the stadium lights are going on and off, building excitement. The camera showed the players lining up to come out. And then --nothing. They went to an endless series of commercials. and we missed the excitement of the players coming out and the crowd going wild. (I guess they went wild. Since we missed it!).

They came back from commercials and there were Michaels and Collinsworth talking about the game. At least while they were talking, some producer with half a brain was showing the players having come out and we had a visual of the excitement. But none of the announcers seemed to have a clue of how big a deal this was to Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Me neither. Not only do the mock ups look bad, they make no sense. The Bengals orange and white helmets both match the stripes on a Bengal tiger. I've never seen a Bengal tiger that was black with orange stripes.

I would love the “black out” with orange stripes on a black helmet.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/rare-black-tiger-melanistic-tiger-in-eastern-odisha-india-153115540.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAM58pA8nk1xQQbV_Pzn1sC5HEvBFcqRZbdOo5AWDytjKq5WAVQjmxdZFtJ7zWkoNPRDpBj7g3u9Q9oym_sdvRDZh0CbZMLpYiZqEVb30jn9jVASjs21ibUPSgR9IkwO6q2_7-xV6X0FWbvdbRLqTZj4fKD9V_J4ALtVXVW-y8N0G
Reply/Quote
We're undefeated in the white helmets
Reply/Quote