Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White supremacist for Trump targets independent in Utah call
http://www.newsnet5.com/news/national/white-supremacist-for-trump-targets-independent-in-utah-call

Quote:An independent presidential candidate Evan McMullin criticized Republican Donald Trump on Monday over an automated call in Utah from a white nationalist supporter who calls McMullin a "closet homosexual" and "open-borders amnesty supporter."

McMullin responded with a series of strongly worded tweets — calling it another "desperate attack" spreading "baseless lies" by Trump and his "racist supporters as he continues to lose ground in Utah." He said the attack is consistent with Trump's "bigoted, deceitful campaign and vision for America. Utahns won't be fooled."

White nationalist William Johnson said the call will go out Monday night through Wednesday to 193,000 voters in Utah, where polls show McMullin is threatening Trump amid widespread backlash against the brash billionaire among the mostly Mormon electorate.

McMullin has been embraced by many Republican-leaning voters who are steeped in Utah's culture of courtesy and fed up with Trump's crudeness and antics. If McMullin prevailed, he would be the first non-GOP candidate to win the state since 1964.

In the 40-second call, Johnson introduces himself as a "farmer and white nationalist." He says McMullin is OK with legalizing gay marriage and with the fact that he "has two mommies," a reference to McMullin's mother marrying a woman after divorcing his father. He also questions McMullin's relationship status.

"Evan is 40 years old and is not married and doesn't even have a girlfriend," Johnson says. "I think he is a closet homosexual."

McMullin, a Mormon, told the Salt Lake Tribune that he knows people wonder why he has not married, considering many in his religion marry in their early 20s. He said his 11-year career in the CIA made it difficult to date and that he hopes to marry and become a father soon.

On same-sex marriage, McMullin said he believes marriages between a man and a woman are best for society but he respects the U.S. Supreme Court's 2015 decision legalizing gay marriage.

McMullin's campaign didn't respond to a request for further comment Monday. Trump's campaign also didn't respond to requests for comment.

Trump has faced criticism in the past for retweeting posts from the accounts of white supremacists and failing to immediately denounce the support of former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard David Duke.

Johnson is among white supremacists who have credited Trump with invigorating their cause. He said in a phone interview that Trump had nothing to do with the call, which is designed to show Utah voters that McMullin is a "faulty" candidate.

Regarding Johnson's allegations on immigration policy, McMullin says he's against amnesty and advocates more agents, technology and walls in some places to secure the border. He also backs a path to earned citizenship for those in the country illegally after the borders are more secure.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Its good there are more minorities than white supremacists.

Crazy shit to have to deal with one calling your house.
I hate that the GOP establishment did not get behind McMullin.

As to the OP: Was the message approved by the Trump campaign?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-01-2016, 11:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the OP: Was the message approved by the Trump campaign?

He clearly does not disapprove of the calls.

Since Trump has said nothing complaining about the comments in these calls or denouncing the support of white supremacist I have to assume he approves of them.
(11-02-2016, 02:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He clearly does not disapprove of the calls.

Since Trump has said nothing complaining about the comments in these calls or denouncing the support of white supremacist I have to assume he approves of them.

Come on man. Just like earlier in the election process when he had to do some research before disavowing groups like the kkk. Give the man some time. He is running for president he needs people to advise him on these issues he is clueless about. Much research is needed to determine whether or not support from white nationalists slamming an opponent is ok. 
(11-02-2016, 03:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Come on man. Just like earlier in the election process when he had to do some research before disavowing groups like the kkk. Give the man some time. He is running for president he needs people to advise him on these issues he is clueless about. Much research is needed to determine whether or not support from white nationalists slamming an opponent is ok. 

And the way he "forget" who David Duke was when he had known him for years?
(11-02-2016, 02:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He clearly does not disapprove of the calls.

This is an unusual stance by you. So consent is to be assumed? Make sure you remain consistant in your position.

I'm going to start calling folks and let them know that Hillary really doesn't care about the welfare of African Americans, she is merely practicing modern day slavery. I sure she won't disapprove, so we can say she approves.

(11-02-2016, 03:07 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Come on man. Just like earlier in the election process when he had to do some research before disavowing groups like the kkk. Give the man some time. He is running for president he needs people to advise him on these issues he is clueless about. Much research is needed to determine whether or not support from white nationalists slamming an opponent is ok. 

I will add you to those that assert lack of non-consent equals consent. I'm on the opposite side of this spectrum.

(11-02-2016, 12:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm going to start calling folks and let them know that Hillary really doesn't care about the welfare of African Americans, she is merely practicing modern day slavery. I sure she won't disapprove, so we can say she approves.

If you try to make these claims "in support" of Hillary I 100% guarantee tyhat she would disaprove.

Go ahead and try it.  I dare you.
(11-02-2016, 12:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is an unusual stance by you. So consent is to be assumed? Make sure you remain consistant in your position.

Why would you say that this is an unusual stance for me?

Anytime anyone makes a comment on behalf of another person and that person does not disavow it then, yes, it can be assumed that the person consents to that comment being made.

When have I ever said anything different from this?
(11-03-2016, 07:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why would you say that this is an unusual stance for me?

Anytime anyone makes a comment on behalf of another person and that person does not disavow it then, yes, it can be assumed that the person consents to that comment being made.

When have I ever said anything different from this?

Well the article states Trump has nothing to do with the call, so I'm not sure how it could be on behalf of him (Hence was I asked has Trump approved the message)

But you stance is if Trump doesn't publically disapprove then he approves. I guess not really an unusual stance for you; just an unusual stance for a rational person. 

(11-03-2016, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you try to make these claims "in support" of Hillary I 100% guarantee tyhat she would disaprove.

Go ahead and try it.  I dare you.

Well only because you dared me:

"I am in support of Hillary and she really doesn't care about the welfare of African Americans, she is merely practicing modern day slavery."

Standing by for Hills to disapprove, but until she does she approves this. 

Basket of deplorables is about as nice as you can explain it. I'm embarrassed that people are actually trying to act persecuted by that statement.
(11-03-2016, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well only because you dared me:

"I am in support of Hillary and she really doesn't care about the welfare of African Americans, she is merely practicing modern day slavery."

Standing by for Hills to disapprove, but until she does she approves this. 

Hillary doers not know about this comment.

You really don't understand what is going on here do you?
(11-03-2016, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But you stance is if Trump doesn't publically disapprove then he approves. I guess not really an unusual stance for you; just an unusual stance for a rational person. 

Actually any rational person would disavow any comments made to support him that he does not agree with.
(11-04-2016, 12:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually any rational person would disavow any comments made to support him that he does not agree with.

You accidentally forgot to quote the part where he had nothing to do with the call 

(11-04-2016, 12:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hillary doers not know about this comment.

You really don't understand what is going on here do you?

How the hell do you know Hillary doesn't know about this comment?

I know exactly what is going on. 

Hell McMullin didn't even comment on the call, so by Fred Logic: He approves of it.

(11-04-2016, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You accidentally forgot to quote the part where he had nothing to do with the call 

No I didn't.

Just because he was not responsible does not mean he should not disapprove of the message.

That is what I would do if I was running for office and the KKK started making robocalls to support me and spread wild rumors about my opponent.  I would make a public statement that I want nothing to do with the KKK and I disagree with their tactics.

But I can see why you would never do anything like that.
(11-04-2016, 12:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No I didn't.

Just because he was not responsible does not mean he should not disapprove of the message.

That is what I would do if I was running for office and the KKK started making robocalls to support me and spread wild rumors about my opponent.  I would make a public statement that I want nothing to do with the KKK and I disagree with their tactics.

But I can see why you would never do anything like that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/us/politics/william-johnson-evan-mcmullin-robocalls-utah.html?_r=0

Quote:While the Trump campaign disavowed the robocalls, it was not the Trump campaign’s first encounter with Mr. Johnson.
Quote:This year Mr. Johnson was included on a list of California delegates that Mr. Trump’s campaign submitted to the secretary of state’s office. He was later removed from the list.

Hell it looks like Trump is as awesome as you think you would be. Now STFU and go color in your book.

(11-04-2016, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell it looks like Trump is as awesome as you think you would be. Now STFU and go color in your book.

Actually I would never have submitted a white supremacist as a delegate for me in the first place.