Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitner released
Is Hue secretly on our payroll still ? Lol, should we pick up Whitner ?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Would rather bring Reggie back
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
What's taking Reginald so long
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Browns Dcked him over. 2 weeks ago would of been fine. Almost time for work-outs.
Reply/Quote
I say no to Whitner. He's a pretty one dimensional guy. Big hitter, solid tackler. He only has 11 INT in his career. He'll be 31 going into the season, and the starting Safeties the Bengals already have are as good or better at this stages of their careers. If Reggie comes back, the depth isn't even an issue for the team. I just don't see a need for Whitner's services.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 12:12 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What's taking Reginald so long

I assume a lot of it has to do with the fact that he is recovering from an injury.
Reply/Quote
Cleveland Browns are really cleaning house!

I wouldn't mind looking at Whitner, sign him to the vet min on a 1 year deal. See how badly he wants a ring like Dansby! haha
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
No reason we wouldn't bring Nelson back if we are looking for a vet safety.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 12:46 AM)Shepdawg Wrote: I say no to Whitner.  He's a pretty one dimensional guy. Big hitter, solid tackler.  He only has 11 INT in his career.  He'll be 31 going into the season, and the starting Safeties the Bengals already have are as good or better at this stages of their careers.  If Reggie comes back, the depth isn't even an issue for the team.  I just don't see a need for Whitner's services.

That's exactly why I'd bring him in.

Our pass rush force rushed throws and make the secondary's life easy, but I want someone to make players fear coming over the middle and to fill run gaps with authority.

Then again, with how sensitive the new rules are, maybe it's better that we not have an enforcer.
Reply/Quote
I honestly wouldn't mind him if he can still play at his age.
Reply/Quote
I just hope this weakens the market for Reggie, and he signs as a result.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 03:18 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: No reason we wouldn't bring Nelson back if we are looking for a vet safety.

Maybe the fact that Nelson wants a multi year deal.  Yawn
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 03:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's exactly why I'd bring him in.

Our pass rush force rushed throws and make the secondary's life easy, but I want someone to make players fear coming over the middle and to fill run gaps with authority.

Then again, with how sensitive the new rules are, maybe it's better that we not have an enforcer.

Reggie Nelson will put a crushing on a dude with the best of 'em. He hits so hard he gets flagged for legal ones. 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 09:52 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Reggie Nelson will put a crushing on a dude with the best of 'em. He hits so hard he gets flagged for legal ones. 

Exactly, Whitner brings nothing if we get Reggie back....
Reply/Quote
F- Whitner. We should tell him to fly down because we are gonna sign him to a big contract and then when he shows up with pen in hand tell him we've decided to go in a different direction and hit the bricks.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: F- Whitner. We should tell him to fly down because we are gonna sign him to a big contract and then when he shows up with pen in hand tell him we've decided to go in a different direction and hit the bricks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This I agree 100%. He screwed us once so he is the last guy I will offer a job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: F- Whitner. We should tell him to fly down because we are gonna sign him to a big contract and then when he shows up with pen in hand tell him we've decided to go in a different direction and hit the bricks.

Rep
Reply/Quote

[Image: kicked-nuts-record.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Donte totally played us for the Browns a few years ago, I'm passing on this Dbag all the way. If anything this helps us bring back Reggie.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

[Image: that_was_awesome_tommy_boy.gif]
Reply/Quote