Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Whitner released - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Whitner released (/Thread-Whitner-released)

Pages: 1 2

Whitner released - Trademark - 04-02-2016

Is Hue secretly on our payroll still ? Lol, should we pick up Whitner ?

RE: Whitner released - Storer50 - 04-03-2016

Would rather bring Reggie back

RE: Whitner released - reuben.ahmed - 04-03-2016

What's taking Reginald so long

RE: Whitner released - Thefinalcut813 - 04-03-2016

Browns Dcked him over. 2 weeks ago would of been fine. Almost time for work-outs.

RE: Whitner released - Shepdawg - 04-03-2016

I say no to Whitner. He's a pretty one dimensional guy. Big hitter, solid tackler. He only has 11 INT in his career. He'll be 31 going into the season, and the starting Safeties the Bengals already have are as good or better at this stages of their careers. If Reggie comes back, the depth isn't even an issue for the team. I just don't see a need for Whitner's services.

RE: Whitner released - fredtoast - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 12:12 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What's taking Reginald so long

I assume a lot of it has to do with the fact that he is recovering from an injury.

RE: Whitner released - magikod - 04-03-2016

Cleveland Browns are really cleaning house!

I wouldn't mind looking at Whitner, sign him to the vet min on a 1 year deal. See how badly he wants a ring like Dansby! haha

RE: Whitner released - Yojimbo - 04-03-2016

No reason we wouldn't bring Nelson back if we are looking for a vet safety.

RE: Whitner released - BFritz21 - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 12:46 AM)Shepdawg Wrote: I say no to Whitner.  He's a pretty one dimensional guy. Big hitter, solid tackler.  He only has 11 INT in his career.  He'll be 31 going into the season, and the starting Safeties the Bengals already have are as good or better at this stages of their careers.  If Reggie comes back, the depth isn't even an issue for the team.  I just don't see a need for Whitner's services.

That's exactly why I'd bring him in.

Our pass rush force rushed throws and make the secondary's life easy, but I want someone to make players fear coming over the middle and to fill run gaps with authority.

Then again, with how sensitive the new rules are, maybe it's better that we not have an enforcer.

I honestly wouldn't mind him if he can still play at his age.

RE: Whitner released - TRsome - 04-03-2016

I just hope this weakens the market for Reggie, and he signs as a result.

(04-03-2016, 03:18 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: No reason we wouldn't bring Nelson back if we are looking for a vet safety.

Maybe the fact that Nelson wants a multi year deal.  Yawn

RE: Whitner released - StoneTheCrow - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 03:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's exactly why I'd bring him in.

Our pass rush force rushed throws and make the secondary's life easy, but I want someone to make players fear coming over the middle and to fill run gaps with authority.

Then again, with how sensitive the new rules are, maybe it's better that we not have an enforcer.

Reggie Nelson will put a crushing on a dude with the best of 'em. He hits so hard he gets flagged for legal ones. 

RE: Whitner released - Sled21 - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 09:52 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Reggie Nelson will put a crushing on a dude with the best of 'em. He hits so hard he gets flagged for legal ones. 

Exactly, Whitner brings nothing if we get Reggie back....

RE: Whitner released - bfine32 - 04-03-2016

F- Whitner. We should tell him to fly down because we are gonna sign him to a big contract and then when he shows up with pen in hand tell him we've decided to go in a different direction and hit the bricks.

RE: Whitner released - Luvnit2 - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: F- Whitner. We should tell him to fly down because we are gonna sign him to a big contract and then when he shows up with pen in hand tell him we've decided to go in a different direction and hit the bricks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This I agree 100%. He screwed us once so he is the last guy I will offer a job.

RE: Whitner released - fredtoast - 04-03-2016

(04-03-2016, 10:53 AM)bfine32 Wrote: F- Whitner. We should tell him to fly down because we are gonna sign him to a big contract and then when he shows up with pen in hand tell him we've decided to go in a different direction and hit the bricks.

Rep

RE: Whitner released - BengalsRocker - 04-03-2016

[Image: kicked-nuts-record.jpg]

RE: Whitner released - yellowxdiscipline - 04-03-2016

Donte totally played us for the Browns a few years ago, I'm passing on this Dbag all the way. If anything this helps us bring back Reggie.

RE: Whitner released - StoneTheCrow - 04-03-2016

[Image: that_was_awesome_tommy_boy.gif]