Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitworth interview....
http://twitter.com/dadiodefacto/status/1101678462777978880

I get this is a business, but this still ticks me off to no end.
Yet the FO wonders why the seats are empty....
Reply/Quote
The Brown family stupidity is boundless.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
If true, Troy is an absolute douche for phrasing it like that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 12:40 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: http://twitter.com/dadiodefacto/status/1101678462777978880

Is Whit still crying?  Seriously, he got more money, more years, finally won a playoff game, and got to play in a SB, and he's still whining?  

If he wanted to stay a Bengal badly enough, he would still be a Bengal.  I don't blame him for taking the deal with the Rams.  I just wish he would quit politicking and acting like he had no choice.
Reply/Quote
ehh...just another bad call every team makes at some point. This was one of the Bengals worst in recent memory, but you can't unring the bell. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 02:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: Is Whit still crying?  Seriously, he got more money, more years, finally won a playoff game, and got to play in a SB, and he's still whining?  

If he wanted to stay a Bengal badly enough, he would still be a Bengal.  I don't blame him for taking the deal with the Rams.  I just wish he would quit politicking and acting like he had no choice.

you know its bad when the players whine more than the fans.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I remember reading how pissed Lewis was the front office let him go. Seems like everyone wanted him staying except the front office.

He should be happy, he's gone to a Super Bowl in his career vs staying with the Bengals...blessing in disguise for him...
Reply/Quote
How do you go from assembling the 2015 squad to this? I'm starting to think it was less that the organization is getting better at it's job, and more that a broken clock is right two times a day.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 02:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: Is Whit still crying?  Seriously, he got more money, more years, finally won a playoff game, and got to play in a SB, and he's still whining?  

I'm pretty sure that's from an interview with his wife. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If true, Troy is an absolute douche for phrasing it like that.

Troy couldn't fail if he tried.  He could put all of his money into t-bills for the rest of his life and whallop some of the best engineers in the world financially.  Survival of the fattest.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 12:40 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: http://twitter.com/dadiodefacto/status/1101678462777978880

Bengal fans have a lot of trouble turning the page.  Let it go and move on.  Torturing yourself changes nothing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hopefully this FINALLY taught Son of Paul and the rest a valuable lesson....YOU MUST VALUE QUALITY NFL LINEMEN!!!!!!! Dumbasses.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 08:15 AM)McC Wrote: Bengal fans have a lot of trouble turning the page.  Let it go and move on.  Torturing yourself changes nothing.

To be fair.....they give a lot of reasons not to. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If I recall correctly, they only paid Dre that much because neither Whit nor Zeitler resigned. In hindsight, obviously not giving Whit the 3 year contract was a bad move. However, if his age had caught up with him the next season, as odds said would happen, then we would have been moaning about what a boneheaded move it was sign an over the hill tackle for big dollars. And it is not like they hadn’t tried to address the succession issue. No one knew at that point that both Ogbuehi and Fischer would turn out to be busts.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 07:29 AM)treee Wrote: How do you go from assembling the 2015 squad to this? I'm starting to think it was less that the organization is getting better at it's job, and more that a broken clock is right two times a day.

I think so as well.

I believe the bulk of the "success" the vast majority of any Bengals teams have had under Mike Brown have been more the players overcoming the F.O. and coaching. Dumb luck, happenstance, football gods smiling on them and so on.

I hear people saying oh tackles fade at that age, as an excuse for poor decisions. Where was any evidence that Whit was about to fall of the cliff ? How many games had he missed to injury ? Was his ability declining ? They already had seen that Ogbuehi was at best a project.

Just dumb decision all the way around !
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 12:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think so as well.

I believe the bulk of the "success" the vast majority of any Bengals teams have had under Mike Brown have been more the players overcoming the F.O. and coaching. Dumb luck, happenstance, football gods smiling on them and so on.

I hear people saying oh tackles fade at that age, as an excuse for poor decisions. Where was any evidence that Whit was about to fall of the cliff ? How many games had he missed to injury ? Was his ability declining ? They already had seen that Ogbuehi was at best a project.

Just dumb decision all the way around !

I think there is a big disconnect between the football people and the business people in the organization. When the business overlaps with the football bad things always seem to happen.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
That's the sort of thing that'll come back and bite you in the ass. Management 101: don't say/write things like that if they could be overhead/read by other people.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:06 PM)snowy Wrote: That's the sort of thing that'll come back and bite you in the ass. Management 101: don't say/write things like that if they could be overhead/read by other people.

That matters more when you have a job you didn't get via birthright or marriage.
Reply/Quote
Not a big shock they value a cb (or a wr) as a safe money pick. I swear,sometimes it feels like the FO only watches sports center highlights.

Good teams build from the line back. Stop chasing impact players and get good (healthy) fundamental guys.
Reply/Quote
I hated the fact that they let him go but I did understand that age was not on his side. That said, it has been clearly proven the Bengals were wrong to let him go. I also think that the way it was done sucked. I hope Troy reached out to him after and soothed things over, or at the very least, congratulate him on making the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote