Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Thinks They Will See Ugly??
How many agree with this scenario?

1. Mike Mitchell will head hunt without consequence and end up having at least one Bengal leaving the game.

2. Burfict will get penalized more than once.

3. Steelers will not get a holding call on the offensive line.

4. The Bengals frustration will surface with a probable ejection.

5. It will end ugly and the Steelers will continue to win at PBS.

Sidebar:  What in the world was Pete Carroll thinking calling a fake punt being up 24-3, with his punter ending up getting hurt???  Shocked
Reply/Quote
Nah..Pissburg will forfeit the game cuz they're afraid of the Bengals..don't want Tinkerbell and AB getting hurt..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 10:37 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: How many agree with this scenario?

1. Mike Mitchell will head hunt without consequence and end up having at least one Bengal leaving the game.

Sidebar:  What in the world was Pete Carroll thinking calling a fake punt being up 24-3, with his punter ending up getting hurt???  Shocked

6. What if the Steelers go after Burfict to hurt him?   We are talking about the Steelers here.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 12:01 PM)GodFather Wrote: 6. What if the Steelers go after Burfict to hurt him?   We are talking about the Steelers here.. 
I think they will try unsuccessfully.

They will probably get away with some holds.

I think Mitchell will be held accountable if he head hunts.

I think Burfict plays with poise.

I think Tyler Boyd lays it on his hometown team, and Eifert has a good day.

Bengals 24

Stillers 17
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 12:01 PM)GodFather Wrote: 6. What if the Steelers go after Burfict to hurt him?   We are talking about the Steelers here.. 

Because its the Steelers, I think they get away with it.

Was there a penalty for the hit on Huber?  

All they have to do is find someone on offense with enough hind end to throw a similar blind side block on him like they did Huber.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 12:24 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Because its the Steelers, I think they get away with it.

All they have to do is find someone on offense with enough hind end to throw a similar blind side block on him like they did Huber.

No, there was no penalty on that play, and Brown scored too, which just rubbed salt in the wound.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 12:24 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Because its the Steelers, I think they get away with it.

Burfict's football IQ is much higher than Huber's. I'm sure people have been going at him for years.... Head on a swivel.

Huber's problem was that he believed the rules would protect him since he's considered defenseless.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If ever there was a time that the Bengals needed a "perfect storm" type of game, this is it. Would be really nice to see the Bengals come together and play up to their abilities, for once this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I predict at least one Bengals will be carted off the field with a blatantly obvious dirty hit that the referee's just happened to miss.  Causing the NFL to apologize to the Bengals afterwards and create a new rule forbidding such actions in the future.  But it does nothing for the present and the Bengals fall again to the pissburgh f**king steAlers. 

Because we are dirtiest team in the league.  Just ask all the talking heads and the nfl exec's.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 10:37 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: How many agree with this scenario?

Sounds likely going off the past. Burfict has been playing pretty smart this year though.

There will definately be some scuffles out there. Our Defense has been playing very good lately.

Ben has had his problems playing us the last 3 games.

It will probably be ugly at times but in the end i am still predicting a Bengals win on Sunday.

Bell's comments will only add motivation. Bengals win this game.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 01:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If ever there was a time that the Bengals needed a "perfect storm" type of game, this is it.  Would be really nice to see the Bengals come together and play up to their abilities, for once this season.

I'm hoping for this as well.  Just like I do every time these teams meet.  Still waiting for them to turn the corner on this team.  I've waited and hoped for 48 years, I guess I can hope for another Suunday!!

What I'd really like to see is a game like when the Eagles played them and tore them a new hind end!!

It's still mystifying how that team (Eagles) could do that to them????
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 01:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If ever there was a time that the Bengals needed a "perfect storm" type of game, this is it.  Would be really nice to see the Bengals come together and play up to their abilities, for once this season.

My heart would love to see the Bengals get it together and play like they can for all 4 quarters. Play with poise and discipline, and execute a good game plan to perfection. Beat the Steelers with their head held high and mouths shut.

My head tells me we'll see mouths running, puffing up, posturing and they'll let the Steelers get to them again. We'll lose by 2 or 3 scores. In the entire ML tenure I've seen them play with poise and discipline in a big game just a handful of times. Not sure if this really qualifies as a "big game" to the world. But to this team it is.
Reply/Quote

Absolutely

Especially for the fans who will be out in the cold supporting them still. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I honestly think this game will pretty clean and "dull". Unfortunately, I also think the Steelers win it quite easily.
Reply/Quote
Based on Marvy's history, NOTHING will happen if they go after Burfict!!! If this turns out to be true, the Bengal players should do a collective flop on top of Marvelous Marvin! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 02:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds likely going off the past. Burfict has been playing pretty smart this year though.

There will definately be some scuffles out there. Our Defense has been playing very good lately.

Ben has had his problems playing us the last 3 games.

It will probably be ugly at times but in the end i am still predicting a Bengals win on Sunday.

Bell's comments will only add motivation. Bengals win this game.

Bengals lose because of a missed kick by Bullock, and posters will be begging for Nugent to come back.  Now, that would make me LOL. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The only thing I bet we see is some poor officiating and a couple "scrums", where no punches are thrown but there is a lot of verbal taunting. I just hope no one takes the bait. Beat them on the field, and let them be gripping a lot the final week of the season needing to beat a winless Browns team to make the playoffs.

If that actually happens, with the Brown's lone win being against pissburgh and sending them home with no playoffs and handing it to the Bengals on a silver platter, not only do I think the Bengals would go on and win the Super Bowl, but I think pitt would go in to a ten-year tailspin of suckage....the stuff dreams are made of...
Reply/Quote
Ya I expect ugly.

I haven't watched in two weeks and hey the Bengals have won both weeks. Don't think I'll be watching this week either.

I've got both Leveon Bell and Ledarius Green on my fantasy squad for the playoffs so its a win/win lose/lose sort of situation for me.

Main hopes is Tez gets out of this game without some elongated suspension that plays into next year.
Reply/Quote
Mike Mitchell will knock two Bengals out of the game with cheap shots, and the Steelers will go home and cry about dirty play by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 07:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The only thing I bet we see is some poor officiating and a couple "scrums", where no punches are thrown but there is a lot of verbal taunting.  I just hope no one takes the bait.  Beat them on the field, and let them be gripping a lot the final week of the season needing to beat a winless Browns team to make the playoffs.  

If that actually happens, with the Brown's lone win being against pissburgh and sending them home with no playoffs and handing it to the Bengals on a silver platter, not only do I think the Bengals would go on and win the Super Bowl, but I think pitt would go in to a ten-year tailspin of suckage....the stuff dreams are made of...

That would be frickin awesome man! Cool
Reply/Quote