Poll: Who Was Your Favorite Player Drafted By The Bengals In 2016?
William Jackson III
Tyler Boyd
Nick Vigil
Andrew Billings
Christian Westerman
Cody Core
Clayton Fejedelem
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Was Your Favorite Player Drafted By The Bengals In 2016?
Which player in this years draft is your favorite choice by the Bengals this year and why?

I chose Tyler Boyd. He seems like a fantastic fit to the offense and a perfect compliment to line up opposite of Green.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Andrew Billings.

[Image: 3rekx4.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil because people went really crazy and unfair with that dude.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
William Jackson III. I did not even want, or anticipate a CB in this draft. However, he is the gift that fell into our lap, as the absolute best pick on the board when the Bengals selection came about. So, I'm thrilled with it. Besides, it screws the hated division rivals a bit.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see if Boyd can contribute. The way he snatches the ball out of the air......

Reply/Quote
Voted Jackson but I love the Boyd pick as well. I'd say both will see some snaps this coming season.
Reply/Quote
I liked them all, but I voted for Billings.
Reply/Quote
I went with Billings. Insane value in the 4th but also, after finding out the only knock is that others saw him as a 2 down player, I became even more excited because I thought there may be an injury issue. I think he will be a great Peko replacement going forward, and I think has the potential to be more dynamic than his detractors give him credit for.

Reply/Quote
This year Boyd. He is the only one I see stepping in and playing a big role immediately.

Down the road I am hoping Billings and WJ3.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 08:39 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I went with Billings. Insane value in the 4th but also, after finding out the only knock is that others saw him as a 2 down player, I became even more excited because I thought there may be an injury issue. I think he will be a great Peko replacement going forward, and I think has the potential to be more dynamic than his detractors give him credit for.

And don't forget the chip on the shoulder.  Am a big fan of the athlete with the chip on the shoulder.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I voted for Nick Vigil....Though I prefer the rat tailed version over what we have now.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 08:47 PM)McC Wrote: And don't forget the chip on the shoulder.  Am a big fan of the athlete with the chip on the shoulder.

And don't forget that he'll only be 21 this season, meaning he's most likely still developing his body and his brain!  He'll be a BEAST!

Hard for me to pick one because there's a number of great picks.  

I think Jackson could be nasty and a lock-down corner for us for years to come, plus, having played DB in high school, I love DBs.

Probably Billings for the reason I listed above, as well as for the fact that I think it makes our front four one of the most dominant in the league.  It will change so much how teams have to block and the plays they can run.  I've always been a Peko enthusiast, and, even if you don't agree with me that he's underrated, I think you have to agree that he can get some push up front and tire o-linemen out, which is when Billings comes in on passing situations and wreaks havoc.  Teams can't block a penetrating nose, plus have help for our ends, and then, oh, wait, also Geno Atkins.  

Hard to pick because I think Boyd could be special and I like was Cody Core brings.

If Westerman can solidify our center position, then it would be tough to overlook that.  
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 09:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And don't forget that he'll only be 21 this season, meaning he's most likely still developing his body and his brain!  He'll be a BEAST!

Hard for me to pick one because there's a number of great picks.  

I think Jackson could be nasty and a lock-down corner for us for years to come, plus, having played DB in high school, I love DBs.

Probably Billings for the reason I listed above, as well as for the fact that I think it makes our front four one of the most dominant in the league.  It will change so much how teams have to block and the plays they can run.  I've always been a Peko enthusiast, and, even if you don't agree with me that he's underrated, I think you have to agree that he can get some push up front and tire o-linemen out, which is when Billings comes in on passing situations and wreaks havoc.  Teams can't block a penetrating nose, plus have help for our ends, and then, oh, wait, also Geno Atkins.  

Hard to pick because I think Boyd could be special and I like was Cody Core brings.

If Westerman can solidify our center position, then it would be tough to overlook that.  
After looking at what our staff ready did in this draft,I think it so deserves an A+ rating.We got everything that we wanted and needed and all of these players are going to be a force for us.I believe Billings is going to be an All-Pro by him second year.Can you just see what Geno Atkins is going to teach this man.I mean I pipped hard all off season for them to go after this guy and I believe it was meant to be when he feel into our laps in the forth.I truly thought he would never make it to 24.So he is by far my favorite of the seven,but I love all these guys because they are going to be strong in making us so much better.Everyone of them are so stinkin talented.Its going to be fun to watch these guys.I am going to every home game.WHO-DEY ALL DAY.
Reply/Quote
If I had to go with just one it has to be WJ3. I mocked him as our first rounder. I believe this guy is the play making CB that we rarely see in Cincinnati. His ball tracking skills, speed, and playing the WR eyes and hands to knock away balls are top notch. He doesn't get scared when the ball is in the air and make stupid penalties. His catch up speed is sick. When he gets the ball in his hands he knows what to do with it also returning picks for TDs.
The biggest knock is his tackling, though he is willing to do so, he just has to get better at it. I think we got the best CB in the draft including Ramsey. I think he will be a top 5 corner in a couple of years. I was very excited with this pick.
Reply/Quote
I love this draft considering that they only had 7 picks, but they addressed pretty much every need with talent, strength, speed, skill and depth.

I have to vote for William Jackson III. I believe he WAS the best CB in this draft and feared that the Steelers would end up with him. He could have been a headache for the Bengals twice a year for a decade. I love Adam Jones, Dennard and Shaw....But I think Jackson will be even better than them. Sorry Dre...You will be the Andre Smith of 2016...Go get your contract somewhere else please...

I watch the highlights of Jackson...He looked like a Bengal CB. He will fit like a glove. He has a big play upside, great hands, great speed, great instincts, crazy reach....He plays like he is 6'4"...I wanted a WR....Doctson or Treadwell at #24, but Jackson III will be a "core" player for a decade if he stays healthy...His ceiling is off the charts...

I would say Billings is my favorite draft pick, but I just think Jackson is that good...It's no knock on Billings who will be awesome in his own right.

Boyd, Vigil and Westerman are future starters in this league. I will have to see on Core and Fejedelem...They will at least be good STers...

The Bengals FO nailed this draft....again....In Duke Tobin I Trust
Reply/Quote
If 3-4 of these players come in and make an immediate / consistent impact , I'll consider it a great draft.

Reply/Quote
Westerman. I think he'll be a starter on the oline for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 08:39 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: I went with Billings. Insane value in the 4th but also, after finding out the only knock is that others saw him as a 2 down player, I became even more excited because I thought there may be an injury issue. I think he will be a great Peko replacement going forward, and I think has the potential to be more dynamic than his detractors give him credit for.

Should fit right into our rotational system.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Billings.
I've been whining for four seasons that we needed a first round DT. Well, this year we got a guy who any other year was a 1st-2nd player. Good pick, should be in the rotation next year or the year after. We still need DL help, but this will hopefully prevent us from having a big gap in a season or two.
Reply/Quote
BILLINGS!!!! Andrew Freaking BILLINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was my favorite player going into the draft and a HUGE steal!

Honorable Mention: Nick Vigil, never heard of him until they called his name but I'm a huge fan. Did you guys know that Nick Vigil runs until the treadmill gets tired? That's a guy you want on your team.
Reply/Quote