Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Be The Preseason Star?
(06-06-2016, 02:20 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Every year there's a guy on this roster who impresses during preseason. I don't mean a starter, I mean a backup or even a 3rd stringer. It always happens. Look at people's love for Cobi Hamilton for example. Jayson DiManche even made a name for himself here. The list could go on.

So, which player do you think will be our preseason star?

I think Jake Kumerow is an easy pick, and I could see it. But I think this year's preseason star is going to be Clayton Fejedelem.

Hunt, before he fades to obscurity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Derron Smith
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
James Wright
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Margus Hunt - again

I just hope it continues into the regular season.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be some vendor selling hats on Vine Street.. BIG STAR! Greatest hat salesman EVER!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It wouldn't shock me if they force a lot of balls to Boyd just to get the guy ready for the big time.  Boyd is where my money is.
Reply/Quote
Clark Harris and not just because he can rock a man bun.  I just have a feeling he is going to have a breakout year and become an elite long snapper.
Reply/Quote
Magus Hunt a.k.a. "The Rag-doller".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 03:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I've got two words for ya!  ( in my best WWE voice)

Nick Vigil! 

I just can't wait to see him play.  I see Vigil's star rising and Maualuga's fading.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 02:20 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Every year there's a guy on this roster who impresses during preseason. I don't mean a starter, I mean a backup or even a 3rd stringer. It always happens. Look at people's love for Cobi Hamilton for example. Jayson DiManche even made a name for himself here. The list could go on.

So, which player do you think will be our preseason star?

I think Jake Kumerow is an easy pick, and I could see it. But I think this year's preseason star is going to be Clayton Fejedelem.

BILLINGS!!!

Honorable mentions, Tra Carson at RB and Marquis Flowers at LB.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BILLINGS!!!

Honorable mentions, Tra Carson at RB and Marquis Flowers at LB.

That's who I'm hoping for - along with WJ3, Boyd, Vigil and Fejedelem...
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 02:55 PM)3wt Wrote: That's who I'm hoping for - along with WJ3, Boyd, Vigil and Fejedelem...

Those 4 should all be getting tons of playing time. There is just too many players to think about. Rock On

But i have to go with Billings, the rookie i have had the most hope for in some time. His strength to go along with
his athleticism for a big man is special. I also think he is a better pass rusher than some give him credit for. If they
don't double him he simply wins.

Tra Carson was really good in college and i was surprised he didn't get drafted and ecstatic we got him as an UDFA.
I think he could surprise some people and should make the PS.

But Marquis Flowers stood out to me last Preseason before the injury. Dude is extremely athletic and can cover
extremely well and was tackling great last Preseason too. With Dansby here now to tutor him up he could be very
good on down the line. Cannot coach Flowers athleticism. He just needs to stay healthy. LB is deep for the first
time in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 03:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those 4 should all be getting tons of playing time. There is just too many players to think about. Rock On

But i have to go with Billings, the rookie i have had the most hope for in some time. His strength to go along with his athleticism for a big man is special. I also think he is a better pass rusher than some give him credit for. If they don't double him he simply wins.

I agree with all of this based on my limited view of his highlights.   I'm desperately hoping that the rest of the NFL was wrong about him.   But everything I saw was that he split double teams, would take down the QB by penetrating, collapsing the pocket and running around the tackle.  I liked his highlights better than anyone's except Rankins, Butler and Nkemdiche.

And I think he was a fine pass rusher.  Next to Geno he would reek havoc shoving the interior pocket into the QB and penetrating the interior gaps.

I just hope they give him the snaps.  If they do Peko will be well rested, and between Geno, Peko, Billings and Williams we should have a devastating rotation.

I'm also hoping that the knee injury at the beginning of the season last year slowed MJ down and that he will be more of a force off the edge this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2016, 02:33 PM)3wt Wrote: I agree with all of this based on my limited view of his highlights.   I'm desperately hoping that the rest of the NFL was wrong about him.   But everything I saw was that he split double teams, would take down the QB by penetrating, collapsing the pocket and running around the tackle.  I liked his highlights better than anyone's except Rankins, Butler and Nkemdiche.

And I think he was a fine pass rusher.  Next to Geno he would reek havoc shoving the interior pocket into the QB and penetrating the interior gaps.

I just hope they give him the snaps.  If they do Peko will be well rested, and between Geno, Peko, Billings and Williams we should have a devastating rotation.

I'm also hoping that the knee injury at the beginning of the season last year slowed MJ down and that he will be more of a force off the edge this year.

Nice post, i actually liked Billings highlights better than all those DT's myself. He was my favorite last year when i
watched Baylor and i honestly think all the teams in the NFL besides us made a huge mistake. His height should
hurt him about as much as it did Geno who is an inch shorter.

He can get low just like Geno and force interior OL right into the RB or QB. Dude is too strong to not double.

It will be fun times once he gets to start next to Atkins. I think it will be by midseason just cause it will take the
coaches that long to be forced to play him but once it happens look out.

BTW, i also really like Deshawn Williams. The DT position will be stacked this year which is awesome and i think
Peko will be much better with less snaps.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2016, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post, i actually liked Billings highlights better than all those DT's myself. He was my favorite last year when i
watched Baylor and i honestly think all the teams in the NFL besides us made a huge mistake. His height should
hurt him about as much as it did Geno who is an inch shorter.

He can get low just like Geno and force interior OL right into the RB or QB. Dude is too strong to not double.

It will be fun times once he gets to start next to Atkins. I think it will be by midseason just cause it will take the
coaches that long to be forced to play him but once it happens look out.

BTW, i also really like Deshawn Williams. The DT position will be stacked this year which is awesome and i think
Peko will be much better with less snaps.

As soon as I hit the send button I was reconsidering.   No one put as much pressure on the pocket straight up as Billings.  And no one split a double team better than him

I'm hoping Guenther and Burney thump the table to get him into the starting lineup.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2016, 02:44 PM)3wt Wrote: As soon as I hit the send button I was reconsidering.   No one put as much pressure on the pocket straight up as Billings.  And no one split a double team better than him

I'm hoping Guenther and Burney thump the table to get him into the starting lineup.

You know it brother, i am encouraged by the Burney addition. Love everything he has said so far and i
really wasn't a fan of Hayes. I think Burney might be able to get the best out of our DL guys from what i
have been hearing, especially the young guys like Billings, Hardison and Deshawn Williams.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 08:35 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Cody Core.  The legend begins.......

Yep, just checking to see if anyone else had him down.  

I think Core will abuse second and third teamers, and with decent QB play he will light it up. 
Reply/Quote
Boyd is my #1 guy to show out. I'll Also say watch out for my guy Alonzo Russell and Mario Alford will step up i think. Also that other big running back will probably make some noise Tre Carson.

On Defense id say Will Jackson and Margus Hunt.
Reply/Quote
Hardison...I think the guy has great potential and aside from MJ and Dunlap, he is probably the most athletic DL that we have..Yes even better than Clarke
Reply/Quote
So far, it seems to be Kumerow.
Reply/Quote