Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Who Wins The AFCN "Honestly"
Tiger

https://youtu.be/utlQbI8qMig

I just thought that it would be interesting to hear point of views after the draft and movement.

- I'd love to take my team but I'm taking the Steelers for some odd reason by a game to win the division over our Bengals. I think that we'll split outside of sweeping the Browns.

What ya think. I could see three teams making the playoffs out of the AFCN. OUR HEALTH WILL BE OUR BLESSING THIS SEASON.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I think the Browns are our toughest competition in the division. Not sure we're sweeping them. It's gonna be a dog fight... My heart says we'll win, but really all four teams have a shot. I think Pittsburgh is the least viable option of the four though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:24 PM)jason Wrote: I think the Browns are our toughest competition in the division. Not sure we're sweeping them. It's gonna be a dog fight... My heart says we'll win, but really all four teams have a shot. I think Pittsburgh is the least viable option of the four though.

Tiger

Nobody had the Ravens coming back healthy. Interesting to say the least. I like the Steelers weapons if they can get it together with the QB. This division will be a tough one to win for my Bengals imo.
Reply/Quote
-Playoffs-
1st Bengals
2nd Browns (if Watson isn't suspended in 2022, or is but for 4 or less games)
3rd Ravens
-Miss Playoffs-
4th Steelers

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Honestly?

Cincinnati. After our Bye last year we finished 8-3 in meaningful games (throwing out last Cleveland game). The team improved all of last year and we got better this off season. In our division we have the best QB, WR1, WR2, safety tandem, nickel corner, best MLB, and are top two in our division in just about every other position group except maybe O-line. Could we lose? Sure. But I don’t think last year was a flash in the pan. Remember, Burrow was still working his way back last year and I think after the bye is closer to what we will see with this team.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Honestly?

Cincinnati. After our Bye last year we finished 8-3 in meaningful games (throwing out last Cleveland game). The team improved all of last year and we got better this off season. In our division we have the best QB, WR1, WR2, safety tandem, nickel corner, best MLB, and are top two in our division in just about every other position group except maybe O-line. Could we lose? Sure. But I don’t think last year was a flash in the pan. Remember, Burrow was still working his way back last year and I think after the bye is closer to what we will see with this team.
Tiger

Now let me ask you or others this .... How many teams within this division do we split with this season? Its a very strong possibility that we split with all teams this year. That doesn't win the division imo nor a home playoff starter.I need to put this in CAPS because fans are thinking that we're going to the SB this year as well! I know that its a talented team but..... Stop thinking it now until further victories!
Reply/Quote
We honestly have the best team in the division. It’s ours to lose. All of the teams are at least solid, but we have the best roster.

That said, we were lucky overall health wise last year. The Ravens were unlucky. We had some issues at LB but our depth there showed well. If we get hit with injuries to the wrong player or position group that could easily change who wins the division. All things being equal, we are the best team.

The Browns will be the most interesting. Will Watson get suspended and for how long? How will their WR group perform even if/when Watson plays. How will the locker room mesh? Wasn’t good last year before they added Watson and pissed off Baker (who was still on the team last I checked). They could be real threats this year or a complete laughing stock. Even with Watson they’ll still be a running team that moved on from their stud center in hopes their backup is ready to be THE guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:02 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We honestly have the best team in the division. It’s ours to lose. All of the teams are at least solid, but we have the best roster.

That said, we were lucky overall health wise last year. The Ravens were unlucky. We had some issues at LB but our depth there showed well. If we get hit with injuries to the wrong player or position group that could easily change who wins the division. All things being equal, we are the best team.

The Browns will be the most interesting. Will Watson get suspended and for how long? How will their WR group perform even if/when Watson plays. How will the locker room mesh? Wasn’t good last year before they added Watson and pissed off Baker (who was still on the team last I checked). They could be real threats this year or a complete laughing stock. Even with Watson they’ll still be a running team that moved on from their stud center in hopes their backup is ready to be THE guy.

Tiger
-The Browns had the best offensive line and running --game in the division without Watson.

-The Ravens will be healthy with a hall of the ages in the draft. They got younger and much better with premium talent.

- If the Steelers figure it out at QB and the young weapons adapt quickly then they could be special!
They don't have an offensive line but neither did we and went to a SB.

I'm a die hard Bengals fan but we have to look at everything!

WHO IS OUR LG?

This division is brutal!
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:27 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger
-The Browns had the best offensive line and running --game in the division without Watson.

-The Ravens will be healthy with a hall of the ages in the draft. They got younger and much better with premium talent.

- If the Steelers figure it out at QB and the young weapons adapt quickly then they could be special!
They don't have an offensive line but neither did we and went to a SB.

I'm a die hard Bengals fan but we have to look at everything!

WHO IS OUR LG?

This division is brutal!
You are not a Bengals fan. Everyone has the stealers in the basement... They don't have a QB and their defense was complete garbage last year.. How in the hell could you see them beating out the other 3 teams? 
Reply/Quote
The OP is really on a roll with these threads tonight… :ninja:

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 01:00 AM)Tony Wrote: You are not a Bengals fan. Everyone has the stealers in the basement... They don't have a QB and their defense was complete garbage last year.. How in the hell could you see them beating out the other 3 teams? 

Tiger

I'm a die hard Bengals fan and that cant be fabricated.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 01:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OP is really on a roll with these threads tonight… Ninja

I guess your talking about me so we can at least agree on ..

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:10 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I just thought that it would be interesting to hear point of views after the draft and movement.

- I'd love to take my team but I'm taking the Steelers for some odd reason by a game to win the division over our Bengals. I think that we'll split outside of sweeping the Browns.

What ya think. I could see three teams making the playoffs out of the AFCN. OUR HEALTH WILL BE OUR BLESSING THIS SEASON.

If all teams stay relatively healthy?

Bengals
Ravens
Browns
Steelers

Browns either 3rd of 4th depending on Deshaun Watson. They need to give him more help in the passing game between now and the start of the season in my opinion if they are going to compete. I also think people will underestimate him having a year off of football and joining a new team and system. Ravens if healthy are a very good team and our toughest competition this coming year I think. I am intrigued what Pittsburgh will do with a new QB as Ben was pretty bad after their 11-0 start a few years ago.
Reply/Quote
Bengals or Ravens win the division. I wouldn't be surprised if they tied and the tie breaker is who wins the division.
Steelers 3rd
Browns 4th
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:01 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Now let me ask you or others this .... How many teams within this division do we split with this season? Its a very strong possibility that we split with all teams this year. That doesn't win the division imo nor a home playoff starter.I need to put this in CAPS because fans are thinking that we're going to the SB this year as well! I know that its a talented team but..... Stop thinking it now until further victories!

Why can’t we think this? Our last outing we finished 8-3 to end the season. We only have our past season as evidence. Just like the year before we all thought we wouldn’t be great because of what came before it. It is completely reasonable to think we can make another run. You’re the one being super pessimistic and unreasonable for no logical reason. Yeah, Baltimore and Cleveland (if Watson isn’t suspended for long) got better, but you know who else did? We did. We attacked our biggest weakness massively and don’t have glaring holes anywhere else. Barring injury, we have the top team on paper in most position groups and that includes our QB who is top 5 in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
This one will come down to who stays healthy... Legit can have 3 teams in the playoffs again
Reply/Quote
We have the best shot, IMO

2nd Ravens

3rd Browns, I just don't have them as tough as some do.

Last Steelers
Reply/Quote
Whoever wins the most games (and if there's a tie, whoever wins the most division games).

But honestly, this is why you play the season. Every team can make an argument for who is the "best" team but it doesn't matter if you're more talented if you don't win on the field.

No games are won in the off season. After week 12, there was a very good chance that the Ravens would win the division (they were 8-3). But then injuries and bad play dropped them all the way out of the playoffs when they lost 6 straight games.

That could happen to any of the 4 teams, and the opposite could happen to any of the 4 teams, like when the Bengals won 3 of their last 4 to go from 7-6 to 10-7 and a division win.

I think the odds of division champs would roughly be:
1a. Bengals
1b. Ravens
2. Steelers
3. Browns

But a lot also depends on what the NFL does to Watson. If he's suspended 6, 8 or 17 games, that obviously makes them a non-factor or near non-factor. If they don't suspend him at all and consider last season "time served" they may jump the Steelers in terms of likelihood.
Reply/Quote
Don’t see why we can’t, or shouldn’t.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Many of you don't understand just how good this team is. The young and ascending Bengals learned how to win in a variety of different ways last season. They attacked their biggest weakness aggressively in free agency and nailed the draft adding depth and will have 2 new starters by years end.

This ain't your father's Bengals

They will dominate and win the division by 3 games
Reply/Quote