Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Who Wins The AFCN "Honestly"
(05-15-2022, 10:26 AM)grampahol Wrote:  They turn around and give out the biggest guaranteed contract ever to a bum..A talented bum, but a bum none the less.

I don't think Watson is a bum.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 10:26 AM)grampahol Wrote: I could be wrong, but i have a feeling the way Cleveland played the deal with Mayfield showed extreme disrespect for a guy who really put in on the line for them. They turn around and give out the biggest guaranteed contract ever to a bum..A talented bum, but a bum none the less. I think it'll leave a bit of resentment among a lot of players for them and their season goes down in flames.. 
All in all, Here's to the Stains shooting themselves in the nuts..  ThumbsUp

From what I'm hearing, evidently it was Mayfield and not OBJ who was the problem. And it seems he was such a problem no other team wants him either. When you can out diva OBJ you've really accomplished something.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 11:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: From what I'm hearing, evidently it was Mayfield and not OBJ who was the problem. And it seems he was such a problem no other team wants him either. When you can out diva OBJ you've really accomplished something.

I disagree. Here’s why. https://www.specialolympics.org/stories/news/baker-mayfield-and-cleveland-browns-host-special-olympics-ohio-for-big-reveal https://www.thewrap.com/cleveland-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-partners-with-barstool-sports-for-special-olympics-campaign/amp/https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-nominate-qb-baker-mayfield-for-2021-salute-to-service-award

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2315493747278/browns-rookie-qb-mayfield-raising-money-for-special-olympics

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1504927955876823046?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1504927955876823046%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-30777974002819788341.ampproject.net%2F2204292129000%2Fframe.html

Baker fired up that fan base. Got them their first playoff win. He’s been heavily involved in the community with special Olympics and the military veterans. Numerous teammates have praised him for being a warrior and playing hurt. Baker wears everything on his sleeve. Andrew Berry wanted to keep him but was overruled on Watson by Stefanski and Haslan. Baker is indeed a fantastic teammate but he’s definitely got some diva in him. But teammate wise he’s solid. Baker’s 19 million salary is the only reason why he’s not been picked up and the Browns are screwed and can’t get anything for him.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 12:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I disagree. Here’s why. https://www.specialolympics.org/stories/news/baker-mayfield-and-cleveland-browns-host-special-olympics-ohio-for-big-reveal https://www.thewrap.com/cleveland-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-partners-with-barstool-sports-for-special-olympics-campaign/amp/https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-nominate-qb-baker-mayfield-for-2021-salute-to-service-award

https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2315493747278/browns-rookie-qb-mayfield-raising-money-for-special-olympics

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1504927955876823046?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1504927955876823046%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-30777974002819788341.ampproject.net%2F2204292129000%2Fframe.html

Baker fired up that fan base. Got them their first playoff win. He’s been heavily involved in the community with special Olympics and the military veterans. Numerous teammates have praised him for being a warrior and playing hurt. Baker wears everything on his sleeve. Andrew Berry wanted to keep him but was overruled on Watson by Stefanski and Haslan. Baker is indeed a fantastic teammate but he’s definitely got some diva in him. But teammate wise he’s solid.

Baker should've took a seat on the bench last year. He played hurt, put out some bad film, got replaced, and not can't get a shot somewhere cause of his pay. At the same time... **** Baker Mayfield.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 12:04 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I disagree. Here’s why. https://www.specialolympics.org/stories/news/baker-mayfield-and-cleveland-browns-host-special-olympics-ohio-for-big-reveal https://www.thewrap.com/cleveland-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-partners-with-barstool-sports-for-special-olympics-campaign/amp/https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/browns/browns-nominate-qb-baker-mayfield-for-2021-salute-to-service-award

Baker fired up that fan base. Got them their first playoff win. He’s been heavily involved in the community with special Olympics and the military veterans. Numerous teammates have praised him for being a warrior and playing hurt. Baker wears everything on his sleeve. Andrew Berry wanted to keep him but was overruled on Watson by Stefanski and Haslan. Baker is indeed a fantastic teammate but he’s definitely got some diva in him. But teammate wise he’s solid. Baker’s 19 million salary is the only reason why he’s not been picked up and the Browns are screwed and can’t get anything for him.
I can applaud  Baker for doing acts of charity. 
But sometimes those are mere smokescreens 
For other actions that can be termed toxic 

He actually divided the Browns locker room 
He let his mouth over ride his limited ability 
And the Browns felt his lack of maturity went 
Against the culture Berry is trying to set 

The Browns put on social media " they need a adult 
At QB" there is merit to that 
Baker Mayfield was caught at the Cheesecake Factory
In Westlake with a girl he met on Insta gram
He slept with team mates gf's that never went public 
Baker had very few close Friends on the Browns roster 
Why do you think none of his team mates publicly
Supported him as soon as the season ended 
He walked away from the team week 18 which did not sit well with guys like Bitonio, Garrett,  and Chubb.

Baker is a QB who needs everything around him  to be perfect in order to succeed. Stefanski hid his shortcomings well by running condensed sets 
And letting the passing game get set up by the run
He is the worst 4th Q QB in the league and is the worst at taking sacks 

He is a bust . His 18 Mil price Tag is not why teams 
Will trade for him. It's because it's known around the.league his is not a good leader and work ethic sucks . Oh yeah and because his 5'10 height 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 02:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I can applaud  Baker for doing acts of charity. 
But sometimes those are mere smokescreens 
For other actions that can be termed toxic 

He actually divided the Browns locker room 
He let his mouth over ride his limited ability 
And the Browns felt his lack of maturity went 
Against the culture Berry is trying to set 

The Browns put on social media " they need a adult 
At QB" there is merit to that 
Baker Mayfield was caught at the Cheesecake Factory
In Westlake with a girl he met on Insta gram
He slept with team mates gf's that never went public 
Baker had very few close Friends on the Browns roster 
Why do you think none of his team mates publicly
Supported him as soon as the season ended 
He walked away from the team week 18 which did not sit well with guys like Bitonio, Garrett,  and Chubb.

Baker is a QB who needs everything around him  to be perfect in order to succeed. Stefanski hid his shortcomings well by running condensed sets 
And letting the passing game get set up by the run
He is the worst 4th Q QB in the league and is the worst at taking sacks 

He is a bust . His 18 Mil price Tag is not why teams 
Will trade for him. It's because it's known around the.league his is not a good leader and work ethic sucks . Oh yeah and because his 5'10 height 

Myles Garrett supports him. . “He's my quarterback. He's my guy. He stuck by us, I'm gonna stick by him," Garrett told TMZ Sports. Joel Bitonio on Baker Mayfield: "He's gonna have this surgery, I think he's gonna come back with a vengeance." He got injured,” added Bitonio. “He’s an ultimate competitor, and he wanted to be out there with his teammates, and he wanted to play through an injury, multiple injuries that other guys in the league were out for the season with, had surgery right away.’’ “You can never question that guy’s toughness,’’ said Bitonio Monday. “The guy’s a fighter, and I know he’s going to bounce back. He’s going to have this surgery, and he’s going to come back with a vengeance and he’s going to be confident in himself again.” Alex Van Pelt QB coach “He’s done everything I’d expect from him as a starting quarterback,’’ Van Pelt said Wednesday. “His work ethic is great. He jumps into other meetings that aren’t required, and he’ll sit in the receiver meetings when they have them and will sit in running back meetings from time to time, as well.” “There are a lot of misnomers out there about Baker,” Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens said at minicamp last week. “Baker works his tail off in everything that he does, and it is no different this year than it was last year.”

Andy Janovich teammate First, the Browns fullback Janovich noted that Mayfield was “one of the best f-----g guys that you’ll ever meet in your g--damn life.”

Nobody had a clue how bad he was hurting. Then, Janovich captured the essence of Mayfield with a touch of elegance.

“The thing about Baker,” Janovich said, “is he won’t say shit to anyone about anything. You could cut his dick off and he wouldn’t f-----g say shit.”

This is an important appendage, he’s informed.

“But you would never know.”

He’s just under 6.1. Kevin Stefanski leaked it to Chris Mortenson they needed an adult at QB. Andrew Berry wanted to keep him and not pursue Watson.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 03:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Myles Garrett supports him. . “He's my quarterback. He's my guy. He stuck by us, I'm gonna stick by him," Garrett told TMZ Sports. Joel Bitonio on Baker Mayfield: "He's gonna have this surgery, I think he's gonna come back with a vengeance." He got injured,” added Bitonio. “He’s an ultimate competitor, and he wanted to be out there with his teammates, and he wanted to play through an injury, multiple injuries that other guys in the league were out for the season with, had surgery right away.’’ “You can never question that guy’s toughness,’’ said Bitonio Monday. “The guy’s a fighter, and I know he’s going to bounce back. He’s going to have this surgery, and he’s going to come back with a vengeance and he’s going to be confident in himself again.” Alex Van Pelt QB coach “He’s done everything I’d expect from him as a starting quarterback,’’ Van Pelt said Wednesday. “His work ethic is great. He jumps into other meetings that aren’t required, and he’ll sit in the receiver meetings when they have them and will sit in running back meetings from time to time, as well.”  “There are a lot of misnomers out there about Baker,” Browns head coach Freddie Kitchens said at minicamp last week. “Baker works his tail off in everything that he does, and it is no different this year than it was last year.”

Andy Janovich teammate First, the Browns fullback Janovich noted that Mayfield was “one of the best f-----g guys that you’ll ever meet in your g--damn life.”

Nobody had a clue how bad he was hurting. Then, Janovich captured the essence of Mayfield with a touch of elegance.

“The thing about Baker,” Janovich said, “is he won’t say shit to anyone about anything. You could cut his dick off and he wouldn’t f-----g say shit.”

This is an important appendage, he’s informed.

“But you would never know.”

He’s just under 6.1. Kevin Stefanski leaked it to Chris Mortenson they needed an adult at QB. Andrew Berry wanted to keep him and not pursue Watson.
I understand your a Baker supporter. Your a Sooner fan. I get it. But those quotes by Garrett Bitonio etc were made in the season as the Browns were trying to make a run for the playoffs ..what else are they going 
To say? Andy Janovich isn't even on the roster anymore. Freddie Kitchens was a joke for a HC
So their words have little to no  merit now 
Nobody on that roster wishes they had Mayfield
Back. Baker was never a leader on that team 
Garrett Bitonio and Landry were perceived as the real 
Leaders. 
Mayfield needs to sit a year behind a QB who has 
Resume of all those intangibles you look for in a franchise QB. 
His career might take on the same arc as Colt McCoy's now. Good enough to be a spot starter 
Not a franchise QB
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 03:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I understand your a Baker supporter. Your a Sooner fan. I get it. But those quotes by Garrett Bitonio etc were made in the season as the Browns were trying to make a run for the playoffs ..what else are they going 
To say? Andy Janovich isn't even on the roster anymore. Freddie Kitchens was a joke for a HC
So their words have little to no  merit now 
Nobody on that roster wishes they had Mayfield
Back. Baker was never a leader on that team 
Garrett Bitonio and Landry were perceived as the real 
Leaders. 
Mayfield needs to sit a year behind a QB who has 
Resume of all those intangibles you look for in a franchise QB. 
His career might take on the same arc as Colt McCoy's now. Good enough to be a spot starter 
Not a franchise QB

Despite your claims Bitonio, Garrett, and numerous players support his toughness and work ethic. You are wrong on that part. Baker has always been respected on his teams. He’s a popular teammate. Don’t care to argue his ability as a QB as he will get another opportunity there. I’m just refuting some of your comments that just aren’t valid. As far as a QB he’ll land somewhere and start again. The quotes I mentioned are valid. Baker’s work ethic and respect of his teammates only accelerated playing hurt as hell at his own peril and demise for his team.

I personally know a Special Needs leader and he raves about Bakers heart for special needs kids and his tireless and financial support. He truly has a heart for special needs kids
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Baker is a good, maybe even great teammate. I sure haven't heard anyone say otherwise and his work ethic is admirable. However, he isn't a very good quarterback. If you're not very good, the rest of it becomes irrelevant to a certain degree. I'm sure he'll get another shot, so maybe a change of scenery will help him.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 04:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm sure Baker is a good, maybe even great teammate. I sure haven't heard anyone say otherwise and his work ethic is admirable. However, he isn't a very good quarterback. If you're not very good, the rest of it becomes irrelevant to a certain degree. I'm sure he'll get another shot, so maybe a change of scenery will help him.

Stefanski runs a very structured offense that allows little free wheeling. QB’s like Mayfield and Mahomes need to be able to free Lance. Stefanski didn’t let Baker be Baker. Sean Payton wanted him on his next contract. Payton loved Baker. Baker has had a good season then a bad one. A good season then a bad one. He’s an average NFL QB
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 04:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Stefanski runs a very structured offense that allows little free wheeling. QB’s like Mayfield and Mahomes need to be able to free Lance. Stefanski didn’t let Baker be Baker. Sean Payton wanted him on his next contract. Payton loved Baker. Baker has had a good season then a bad one. A good season then a bad one. He’s an average NFL QB

I don't disagree with that, but I don't consider an average QB to be a good QB. Pedantic, but it is the way that I look at it. Baker is essentially Cleveland's Andy Dalton. He certainly isn't bad but he also isn't great. He brought Cleveland some success but he isn't the guy to get them over the hump. 

Not bad. Not good. Just average. He has a place in the league and he'll start again. Maybe he'll improve. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 04:58 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't disagree with that, but I don't consider an average QB to be a good QB. Pedantic, but it is the way that I look at it. Baker is essentially Cleveland's Andy Dalton. He certainly isn't bad but he also isn't great. He brought Cleveland some success but he isn't the guy to get them over the hump. 

Not bad. Not good. Just average. He has a place in the league and he'll start again. Maybe he'll improve. 

Yep I’d agree with that assessment.
Reply/Quote
Well the Stains better REALLY hope that Watson is not suspended for a long time and also balls out big time and the Browns go deep in the playoffs. Watson's off field crap has made him a toxic public relations nightmare and it has rubbed off on the Stains franchise. If he gets suspended to boot and/or the team struggles the already bad Browns PR situation (which impacts revenue in terms of attendance, ratings, buying team paraphernalia and such) is going to become a nightmare for them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 09:49 AM)BengalBob Wrote: Many of you don't understand just how good this team is.  The young and ascending Bengals learned how to win in a variety of different ways last season.  They attacked their biggest weakness aggressively in free agency and nailed the draft adding depth and will have 2 new starters by years end.  

This ain't your father's Bengals

They will dominate and win the division by 3 games

Tiger

Just speaking for myself I know how good this team is but whats terrifying is the positional depth for me. I almost don't want them to contact practice this summer. That linebacking core is extremely thin and the offensive line isn't great either if starters go down.
If #9 goes down its over because we don't have anyone! Let me repeat that damn it. Anyone!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 11:10 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I just thought that it would be interesting to hear point of views after the draft and movement.

- I'd love to take my team but I'm taking the Steelers for some odd reason by a game to win the division over our Bengals. I think that we'll split outside of sweeping the Browns.

What ya think. I could see three teams making the playoffs out of the AFCN. OUR HEALTH WILL BE OUR BLESSING THIS SEASON.

I have us going 4-2 on balance, based on the following assumptions:

Pittsburgh (home)    90% chance of winning - I know that looks high, but Mitch Trubisky, their defense and at home, it might honestly be pessimistic to say Burrow & Co only win 9 out of 10.
Pittsburgh (away)     65% chance of winning - all of the above, but their field, I think Bengals take nearly 2 out of 3
Baltimore (home)     75% chance of winning - I know they were injury-riddled the 2nd game last season, but Bengals thumped them when they were healthy as well
Baltimore (away)     50% chance of winning - as above, I believe they've figured out how to slow, if not outright contain, Jackson, though this is probably the most optimistic projection
Cleveland (home)     60% chance of winning - these are pretty much the "toss-up" games - I give us an edge at home, and Browns the same at their stadium
Cleveland (away)     40% chance of winning

All of this yields an average expected number of wins of 3.8, round to 4-2

Running those odds over 200 iterations yielded:
6-0       8.0% of the time
5-1     25.5% of the time
4-2     35.0% of the time
3-3     19.5% of the time
2-4       9.5% of the time
1-5       2.5% of the time
0-6       0.0% of the time
Reply/Quote
Where is this "they've figured out how to shut down Lamar Jackson" coming from?... They've held him under 400 yards the past coupla times or something?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 04:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Stefanski runs a very structured offense that allows little free wheeling. QB’s like Mayfield and Mahomes need to be able to free Lance. Stefanski didn’t let Baker be Baker. Sean Payton wanted him on his next contract. Payton loved Baker. Baker has had a good season then a bad one. A good season then a bad one. He’s an average NFL QB

You realize this is D. Watson as well - two reads and run or scramble to make a play.  He's Mahommes Lite.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 08:11 PM)jason Wrote: Where is this "they've figured out how to shut down Lamar Jackson" coming from?... They've held him under 400 yards the past coupla times or something?

Jackson had an 87.7 passer rating and a sub 50% completion % the last time he played the Bengals.  In '20, they held him below 200 yards passing and below 56% completion % in both meetings with passer ratings of 71.9 and 91.0. 
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 08:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Jackson had an 87.7 passer rating and a sub 50% completion % the last time he played the Bengals.  In '20, they held him below 200 yards passing and below 56% completion % in both meetings with passer ratings of 71.9 and 91.0. 

I remember the first time they played him in 2020, Lamar was on a bad ankle. I don't remember him playing that bad, but I do remember that they beat the brakes off us in both meetings that year. Maybe those final scores are clouding my judgement on how well they handled Lamar. Pretty sure they gave up like 500 yards in that season finale that year though.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 08:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: You realize this is D. Watson as well - two reads and run or scramble to make a play.  He's Mahommes Lite.

Yes and I think he won’t succeed under Stefanski
Reply/Quote