Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Who Wins The AFCN "Honestly"
(05-16-2022, 08:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: If you're speaking of Marcus Peters, you need to look at the whole career. His All Pro days were in 2015 and 2016 with the Chiefs. After 2017 his declining production coupled with discipline issues led to the Chiefs trading him. On the Rams he did not play well at all and with the Rats he has been up and down. They don't even think he is the important CB - to them it is Humphries who Chase abused.

Also I think you are thinking of a different poster - I have not been quite vocal saying Burrow is not the guy for Cincinnati. One time a long time ago I said he needed to elevate his play to be the guy - and he did.

Bullshit. He’s got the right guy. You were absolutely saying it (a lot more than once). Just like you said “real #1WR’s don’t drop balls.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 08:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: If you're speaking of Marcus Peters, you need to look at the whole career. His All Pro days were in 2015 and 2016 with the Chiefs. After 2017 his declining production coupled with discipline issues led to the Chiefs trading him. On the Rams he did not play well at all and with the Rats he has been up and down. They don't even think he is the important CB - to them it is Humphries who Chase abused.

Also I think you are thinking of a different poster - I have not been quite vocal saying Burrow is not the guy for Cincinnati. One time a long time ago I said he needed to elevate his play to be the guy - and he did.

Most of this is incorrect, Joe. Peters was a first team AP in 2015 and 2019. Peters was with the Ravens and and Rams in 2019. I’m not sure who you’re talking about because Peters was fantastic in 2019, okay in 2018 and okay on 2020. That doesn’t really line up with your description.

And no, I’m thinking of you. Here are just a couple of examples of you claiming Burrow isn’t the guy.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-SUPER-BOWL-LVI-GameDay-Thread-Rams-vs-Bengals?pid=1176133#pid1176133

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Week-8-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Jets?pid=1092101#pid1092101

You have made other comments, even saying that Chase looks like “a wasted pick”. This is just the first two that I found.
Reply/Quote
Okay....using gameday forum posts when everyone is in the heat of the moment. No one posts in cool and collected manner in there especially after something bad happens. It's how gameday forums have rolled for years and years for pretty much every team. Whatever...

Interesting how in a forum topic about the 2022 division matchups you suddenly start attacking another forum member. It's like I said (and mea culpa I missed the 2019 All Pro on Peters); why on the BENGALS forum is it so hard to actually believe we are the class of the division? I am happy you said you think we are but the tenor of the thread at times has been more like fear of other teams. It's puzzling.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is when his team has more first downs through just three quarters than the average team gets in an entire game.

Let me make my point clear for those of you who missed it.  .  .  It is a complete joke to try and praise Lou's DC abilities by citing what his defense did in that game.  It is like praising the captain of the Titanic because he dressed so nicely his last night on the job.

It is a complete joke to create a strawman argument of "look what the Ravens offense did" when the discussion was shutting down one specific player who is a QB, especially in a game where the Bengals offense couldn't stay on the field and had less than 20 minutes ToP.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 08:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: Okay....using gameday forum posts when everyone is in the heat of the moment. No one posts in cool and collected manner in there especially after something bad happens. It's how gameday forums have rolled for years and years for pretty much every team. Whatever...

Interesting how in a forum topic about the 2022 division matchups you suddenly start attacking another forum member. It's like I said (and mea culpa I missed the 2019 All Pro on Peters); why on the BENGALS forum is it so hard to actually believe we are the class of the division? I am happy you said you think we are but the tenor of the thread at times has been more like fear of other teams. It's puzzling.

"Officer, I was drunk. I didn't mean it!"

Hey, to be fair to you, you've also said it in non-gameday threads. You've been consistent. Here is a post of yours where you talk about Andy Dalton being better than Burrow. And this is in December! Burrow had just posted 350 yards and a 125 rating against the 49ers. There are still even more than this, with you even saying that Burrow "looks like a bust". But, I digress...

I don't think the point of the thread has been fear of other teams, but genuine discussion about the competition. It isn't fun to act like no one is even close to Cincinnati (at least not to me).  There are a couple of really strong teams in the AFCN - at least on paper. We are just discussing the competition and where they stand in relation to Cincinnati. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 09:06 PM)Whatever Wrote: It is a complete joke to create a strawman argument of "look what the Ravens offense did" when the discussion was shutting down one specific player who is a QB, especially in a game where the Bengals offense couldn't stay on the field and had less than 20 minutes ToP.

My point is that it is ridiculous to praise a DC for stopping "one player" when his defense gets absolutely embarrassed.

I'd say almost any DC could shut down one player if he didn't mind giving up over 500 yards to the rest of the offense.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm sure you meant "haul", but how can you call college players premium talent.  Safety, like every other position in the first round is a 50-50 proposition, history shows us.  Kyle Hamilton is a physical freak in terms of his size, but one of the slower safeties taken in the early rounds.  He has proven zero in this league and Linderbaum, while a fan favorite here, DOES have short arms and while a very good athlete, never had to face guys like DJ Reader at Iowa.  

Teams generally don't get huge impacts from rookies.  Chase was an anomaly.  The Ravens had a nice draft, but I seriously doubt it is their draft that improves the team dramatically.  It will have to be the returning players and better coaching.  

I am also really curious about the young weapons you are eluding to at pitt.  

I'm sure you meant "alluding". Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 09:10 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: "Officer, I was drunk. I didn't mean it!"

Hey, to be fair to you, you've also said it in non-gameday threads. You've been consistent. Here is a post of yours where you talk about Andy Dalton being better than Burrow. And this is in December! Burrow had just posted 350 yards and a 125 rating against the 49ers. There are still even more than this, with you even saying that Burrow "looks like a bust". But, I digress...

I don't think the point of the thread has been fear of other teams, but genuine discussion about the competition. It isn't fun to act like no one is even close to Cincinnati (at least not to me).  There are a couple of really strong teams in the AFCN - at least on paper. We are just discussing the competition and where they stand in relation to Cincinnati. 

Joe has always been irrationally over critical of Burrow
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 09:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My point is that it is ridiculous to praise a DC for stopping "one player" when his defense gets absolutely embarrassed.

I'd say almost any DC could shut down one player if he didn't mind giving up over 500 yards to the rest of the offense.

My point is that it is ridiculous to praise a QB by saying "He embarrassed us" when he only accounted for 210 yards of offense and half of his team's 1st downs.  
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 11:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: My point is that it is ridiculous to praise a QB by saying "He embarrassed us" when he only accounted for 210 yards of offense and half of his team's 1st downs.  

I see you forget the 3 tds passes.  But 210 yards and half of the first downs is still pretty impressive when we were apparently not even trying to stop any player other than him.
Reply/Quote
We win the north. I'm going to finally get to adopt a mindset Steeler fans had for years that infuriated me and open the season by saying "I'm not going to get too worked up until the playoffs."

Give me the luxury to be that smug, Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 08:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: We win the north.  I'm going to finally get to adopt a mindset Steeler fans had for years that infuriated me and open the season by saying "I'm not going to get too worked up until the playoffs."  

Give me the luxury to be that smug, Bengals.

I am picking us to win the Division also.

But the guys calling Watson a bum and every team in the North "down" sound like they are trying to overcompensate for their insecurity.  They want to crown Zac as a great coach for making it to a Super Bowl, but not acknowledge that both Tomlin and Harbaugh have won Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 09:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am picking us to win the Division also.

But the guys calling Watson a bum and every team in the North "down" sound like they are trying to overcompensate for their insecurity.  They want to crown Zac as a great coach for making it to a Super Bowl, but not acknowledge that both Tomlin and Harbaugh have won Super Bowls.

Fair points, but if we can win road playoff games we can go in as the 7th seed and feel fine.  So even if we don't win the division it's still the day of the optimist. 
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 08:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I see you forget the 3 tds passes.  But 210 yards and half of the first downs is still pretty impressive when we were apparently not even trying to stop any player other than him.

Well, most folks realize that if you're stopping the QB, you're stopping the WR's and TE's by default.  Of course, that doesn't work for your ridiculous strawman argument, so you're being deliberately obtuse.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 09:27 AM)Whatever Wrote: Well, most folks realize that if you're stopping the QB, you're stopping the WR's and TE's by default.  Of course, that doesn't work for your ridiculous strawman argument, so you're being deliberately obtuse.

I don't think you know the meaning of "strawman" or "obtuse".

I am not accusing you of saying something you never. You actually cited Lou scheme in the last Raven's game of 2020 as a reason to feel positive about him. Yet in that game the Ravens rolled up 525 yards and 24 first downs despite quitting after the third quarter.

You are the one using "obtuse" logic to spin that game as something positive for our DC. The Ravens offense embarrassed our defense that day. They didn't get all their yards on a few fluke plays. They just ran up and down the field on us all day.

I have repeatedly pointed out how many injuries we had on defense at that time. I don't blame Lou for not having the players to compete but there is no way in hell that game can be used to pump up Lou's credit. His defense didn't stop the Raven's at all.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 10:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm sure you meant "alluding". Ninja

My bad...
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 09:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am picking us to win the Division also.

It's not insecurity... It's confidence in our re-vamped OL and Burrow.

Which team in the AFCN wouldn't trade qb's with us?
Reply/Quote
Speaking of that creep…

The league better throw the book at him.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 11:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you know the meaning of "strawman" or "obtuse".

I am not accusing you of saying something you never. You actually cited Lou scheme in the last Raven's game of 2020 as a reason to feel positive about him. Yet in that game the Ravens rolled up 525 yards and 24 first downs despite quitting after the third quarter.

You are the one using "obtuse" logic to spin that game as something positive for our DC. The Ravens offense embarrassed our defense that day. They didn't get all their yards on a few fluke plays. They just ran up and down the field on us all day.

I have repeatedly pointed out how many injuries we had on defense at that time. I don't blame Lou for not having the players to compete but there is no way in hell that game can be used to pump up Lou's credit. His defense didn't stop the Raven's at all.

When have I cited Lou's scheme in the '20 season finale in this discussion?  Quote the post for me.  
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 07:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of that creep…

The league better throw the book at him.

Oh c'mon.  Most women I have sex with cry afterward.
Reply/Quote