Poll: Would you buy season tickets for 2017?
Yes, I'm a sucker
No, I'm a genius
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who Would Buy Season Tickets To The Bengals For 2017?
First, the Reds rebuild made me lose interest in that team for a while. Now, the Bengals are going down the toilet. Who will buy season tickets next year? Mike Brown may have even a more empty stadium this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 10:59 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: First, the Reds rebuild made me lose interest in that team for a while. Now, the Bengals are going down the toilet. Who will buy season tickets next year? Mike Brown may have even a more empty stadium this year.

See Reply from Mike Brown for the reason I voted NO. Cry
Reply/Quote
If I had the money and time I would buy season tickets.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 12:14 AM)Derrick Wrote: See Reply from Mike Brown for the reason I voted NO. Cry

I can imagine his reply. Maybe a free bag of popcorn will entice people back?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 12:18 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If I had the money and time I would buy season tickets.

But why?

You like throwing 4 months of Sundays down the toilet?
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 02:23 AM)Housh Wrote: But why?

You like throwing 4 months of Sundays down the toilet?

I'm a Bengals fan and I like watching the Bengals play. What's so complicated about that? 5 out of the last 6 years I would've had a hell of a time.

It's entertainment if you aren't entertained that's your problem. If you feel like you're throwing away your Sundays by watching the Bengals Why would you keep watching? Maybe it's time to find a new hobby.
Reply/Quote
I would if I had the money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would if I had the money as well!
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2017, 10:59 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: First, the Reds rebuild made me lose interest in that team for a while. Now, the Bengals are going down the toilet. Who will buy season tickets next year? Mike Brown may have even a more empty stadium this year.

It's being reported about 4,500 people are so far, and tickets haven' even been available for sell yet. So there will probably not be a big drop off with attendance.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
To answer the OPs question, no, I wouldn't or won't buy season tickets. I will watch them on TV and still follow them, but I will not be giving MB thousands of my dollars until he show me they're committed to winning a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 01:48 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm a Bengals fan and I like watching the Bengals play. What's so complicated about that? 5 out of the last 6 years I would've had a hell of a time.

It's entertainment if you aren't entertained that's your problem. If you feel like you're throwing away your Sundays by watching the Bengals Why would you keep watching? Maybe it's time to find a new hobby.

Huh? So it's our problem that the Bengals are not entertaining us? 

[Image: 200.gif#33]
Reply/Quote
Interesting to hear 4,500 tickets have already been sold. There must be some die hard fans to pay that amount of money to watch Mike Brown ruin the team. I would rather take a cruise to the Bahamas for the price of season tickets.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 03:45 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Huh? So it's our problem that the Bengals are not entertaining us? 

[Image: 200.gif#33]

Yeah it is. If you lost interest in watching your favorite team and you feel like you're throwing your Sundays away then you should find something that does entertain you.

It's not a commitment.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 04:39 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Yeah it is. If you lost interest in watching your favorite team and you feel like you're throwing your Sundays away then you should find something that does entertain you.

It's not a commitment.

I of course didn't say "throwing my Saturday away" piece of this, but for me (and assuming what OP is meaning) with the season tickets debate on this, is you're paying to support your team to win a Super Bowl. It's what you want, I want, Shake, Wyche, Fred.... All of us want it. It's the ultimate entertainment. I hate NE and am indifferent with ATL, but I loved watching the SB. I love watching great football teams. Most if not all do. That's what interests you the most when you watch football, but when they take that away, it seems normal to lose interest, right? 
Reply/Quote
Will be buying them again like every year for going on 30 years.

Actually do believe many will leave this year though.

Kind of excited this year about that because thinking I can move my 9th row seats closer to the field.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'll be getting them again this year just like the last 10 years. I enjoy going down with my nephew.
Reply/Quote
I will be back like a bad rash!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I like going to games and have the time and money to do so, so I'm getting ready for my 18th season.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2017, 06:27 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I of course didn't say "throwing my Saturday away" piece of this, but for me (and assuming what OP is meaning) with the season tickets debate on this, is you're paying to support your team to win a Super Bowl. It's what you want, I want, Shake, Wyche, Fred.... All of us want it. It's the ultimate entertainment. I hate NE and am indifferent with ATL, but I loved watching the SB. I love watching great football teams. Most if not all do. That's what interests you the most when you watch football, but when they take that away, it seems normal to lose interest, right? 

There is no doubt that winning the Superbowl is the ultimate goal and the most entertaining thing a Bengals fan could watch but even though that didn't happen this year or any other year I've been watching I still enjoy waking up and watching the Bengals play every game. When the Bengals win especially against a quality opponent I love it. I enjoy the win for the rest of the week and can go a few days without bitching about last week, last year or the future. It is what it is the Bengals won and I am happy.

Of course I lost some interest when the season went down the tube but that loss of interest never turned into disgust to the point that I'd feel like a sucker for watching my team play or that I want to belittle those around me for not bashing the team relentlessly. Not saying you were belittling people but that was obviously the point of the thread.

Ultimately we watch football for entertainment and if you aren't enjoying being a Bengals fan anymore then why continue to put yourself through misery?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2017, 03:49 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: There is no doubt that winning the Superbowl is the ultimate goal and the most entertaining thing a Bengals fan could watch but even though that didn't happen this year or any other year I've been watching I still enjoy waking up and watching the Bengals play every game. When the Bengals win especially against a quality opponent I love it. I enjoy the win for the rest of the week and can go a few days without bitching about last week, last year or the future. It is what it is the Bengals won and I am happy.

Of course I lost some interest when the season went down the tube but that loss of interest never turned into disgust to the point that I'd feel like a sucker for watching my team play or that I want to belittle those around me for not bashing the team relentlessly. Not saying you were belittling people but that was obviously the point of the thread.

Ultimately we watch football for entertainment and if you aren't enjoying being a Bengals fan anymore then why continue to put yourself through misery?

Yep, truth, I totally get both sides. I have no qualm with anyone who wants to buy season tickets now or if we go 0-16 for years on in. And of course I don't have problems with people boycotting the teams in certain ways either (like I am doing with not buying tickets, but still supporting them by watching tv, etc). It's a personal preference thing. As long as we remain respectful, I don't have a problem with either side. I have learned to never let a game "discuss me", so that's not my thing. I do feel obligated to show my frustration some way, shape or form. But I've done it respectfully and without judging why this person did support them.

Good debate, Cage. Love having these sorts of convo's without it leading to some sort of personal attack. 
Reply/Quote