Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are our best position coaches?
http://www.bengals.com/team/coaches.html

Be honest. I don't know much about a lot of these guys. I know a little about Hue and Alexander. Guenther is growing on me.
Chip Morton I've read a bit about. Same with Simmons.

Anyone know much about these guys? Give a bit of a profile of them?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I know our RB coach changed (last year?? or the year before??)
Reply/Quote
Vance Joseph does a great job with the secondary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vance Joseph does a great job with the secondary.

Yep I'd say Vance Joseph, hands down. 

Reply/Quote
Darrin Simmons, Special Teams

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Alexander for me...
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:57 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Alexander for me...

He doesn't even get dressed for games anymore. Last time I saw him he was in a full sweatsuit that I swore had a gravy stain on the front. Mellow

Not that it has any barrings on how good of a coach he is.
Reply/Quote
I've become a fan of Jay Hayes, considering he's never had a 1st round pick, rarely gets a 2nd rounder, yet his d-line is arguably the biggest strength of the team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 01:17 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He doesn't even get dressed for games anymore. Last time I saw him he was in a full sweatsuit that I swore had a gravy stain on the front. Mellow

All the great Offensive line coaches throughout history have gravy stains on there shirts.
Reply/Quote
Darren Simmons

Bengals ST were a total joke before he showed up

Not even close in my book
Reply/Quote
I'd say it comes down to Simmons and Hayes.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 01:17 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He doesn't even get dressed for games anymore. Last time I saw him he was in a full sweatsuit that I swore had a gravy stain on the front. Mellow

(12-26-2015, 01:49 PM)tigerseye Wrote: All the great Offensive line coaches throughout history have gravy stains on there shirts.

You say they're gravy stains.

I bet WychesWarrior would beg to differ.

Thems Mike Brown's booty juice stains.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M06155278ce8e1d83679cdadb86063...=234&h=159]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
True story:

"Gravy Stain" was the original title to Ozzy's first solo single.

The record company forced him to change the lyrics and title.

Apparently the woes of the world were better content than those of his wardrobe conditions.

That's why he was shirtless for so long.

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mf83ae1b4e4eed287bc7a7ffc325c9...=192&h=165]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Joseph followed by Simmons. I expect Hue Jackson to try to take one or both of them when he gets a HC job next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:57 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Alexander for me...

Is this April fools......?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 09:37 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Is this April fools......?

not at all.. Alexander has done more with less than maybe all the positions on the team.  In his 24 years of coaching, I believe we have only taken 6 offensive lineman in the first two rounds ( all turned out as great or solid players also) during his tenure it has been actually rare to draft very high with offensive line.   He has also received high praise from others in his field.. Finally Marvin has let coaches go in the past.. if Alexander was as terrible as you think he would be long gone by now.  

Trust me I like other coaches also example Joseph but he is also working with like 5 1st or 2nd round picks in the draft.
Reply/Quote
This would have made an interesting poll question.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2015, 10:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vance Joseph does a great job with the secondary.

Not tyring to start an argument but why is everyone so high on him?  I know Kubiak wanted him as their DC so there is def merit in it I guess Im just missing what the rage is all about?

Again not trying to say he isn't, just wondering what has people singing his praise?  
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I think it is Darrin Simmons. I think he has been very solid coaching special teams even though he does not get a lot of respect and notoriety. I think one of the best jobs he has done all season was against Seattle when he had the field goal team ready at the end of the game when there were no timeouts which eventually led to the overtime win. That was such a heads up job by Simmons to have his guys ready to get a field goal attempt off in under 15 seconds.
Reply/Quote
Has to be Simmons. Special teams does great work usually. There's the occasional screwup, but they're fairly rare.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote