Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are we bringing back?
Almost every year the Bengals seem to sign an ex-Bengal in free agency.  These are all the ones I could find this year.  

So what guy on this list do you want us to bring back

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Rex Burkhead
WR Brandon Tate

LB/DE Ahmad Brooks
DE Will Clark
DL Frostee Rucker
DT Clinton McDonald
LB Karlos Dansby
LB Rey Maualuga
LB Emmanuel Lamur
LB Marquis Flowers
CB Johnathan Joseph
CB Leon Hall
CB Terrence Newman
s Reggie Nelson

Have I missed anyone?
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Almost every year the Bengals seem to sign an ex-Bengal in free agency.  These are all the ones I could find this year.  

So what guy on this list do you want us to bring back

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Rex Burkhead
WR Brandon

LB/DE Ahmad Brooks
DE Will Clark
DL Frostee Rucker
LB Karlos Dansby
LB Rey Maualuga
LB Emmanuel Lamur
LB Marquis Flowers
CB Johnathan Joseph
CB Leon Hall
CB Terrence Newman
s Reggie Nelson

Have I missed anyone?

Rex Burkhead and Emmanuel Lamur are my guesses. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I feel like Lamur would be our signing. 

Flowers will never come back here. He left on bad terms. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Reggie Nelson

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They could bring Hall back and try him at safety perhaps. He could be the new Crocker in a few years time. I wonder how good JJoe and Newman are, but the young guys make their signings unnecessary. 

Haven't seen Nelson play recently, but he may be a good pickup if he has gas left in the tank. 

Other than those two, I could see maybe Burkhead if he isn't too pricy. Lamur didn't impress me a ton when I watched him. 
Reply/Quote
None.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The guy I would take back was barely a Bengal.

DT Clinton McDonaldhad 5.5 sacks for Seattle when they won the Super Bowl in '13, and has had two 5 sack seasons in Tampa since then including this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 02:10 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Reggie Nelson

All day long!

Reply/Quote
The only one I would consider is Reggie Nelson, but he is 34 years old.
Would it make sense to bring him back on a 1-2 year deal to try and bolster the secondary for a playoff run? Or would it be better to address safety in the draft?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The guy I would take back was barely a Bengal.

DT Clinton McDonaldhad 5.5 sacks for Seattle when they won the Super Bowl in '13, and has had two 5 sack seasons in Tampa since then including this year.

I didn't realize he had done that well. One of his 5 sack seasons was in 2017 too, in which he played 43% of the defensive snaps.
He might be a quality pickup to add DT depth. He's only about 15 months older than Atkins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I thought I heard the commentators say Newman was retiring after this season on one of the playoff game broadcasts?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 12:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought I heard the commentators say Newman was retiring after this season on one of the playoff game broadcasts?

he follows zimmer though
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 12:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't realize he had done that well. One of his 5 sack seasons was in 2017 too, in which he played 43% of the defensive snaps.
He might be a quality pickup to add DT depth. He's only about 15 months older than Atkins.

I liked McDonald would not be opposed to his return...

Who is the WR Brandon?

Wheres Maurice Purify these days lol
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 06:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Who is the WR Brandon?

Tate
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 06:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wheres  Maurice Purify these days lol

I don't know now, but Purify was a huge star in the Arena League a few years ago.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know now, but Purify was a huge star in the Arena League a few years ago.

yeah he exploded in the area league scene.. and with the arena league out of commish... He could be a surprise visit...   I still remember him pancaking roy williams
Reply/Quote