Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who did we miss most today
Huber: Robbins, the rookie-directional punter, is going to cost the team field position game after game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:34 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Huber: Robbins, the rookie-directional punter, is going to cost the team field position game after game.

Really, you know this after one game, his first game, in the rain with a wet ball????
Reply/Quote
I would say Bates or Hurst. Wouldn’t have changed the outcome, but they would have helped make a play or two that I saw.

There was at least one tipped ball that I think bates would have had the range to snag for a pick.

Hurst would have had a couple extra catches from the TE spot and at least one 3rd down conversion that was missed.

Overall, with the exception of punter and TE I was pretty happy with our replacements. Hopefully those two pick it up soon or get replaced.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 10:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, you know this after one game, his first game, in the rain with a wet ball????

Your logic applies to any reactional post to discussing who we missed most stemming from a brutal loss. We'll see how Robbins improves game after game. Shut down the thread I suppose, it rained.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Your logic applies to any reactional post to discussing who we missed most stemming from a brutal loss. We'll see how Robbins improves game after game. Shut down the thread I suppose, it rained.

You picked Huber. I am not arguing with your pick, it's this prediction that is laughable after one game....

Quote:Robbins, the rookie-directional punter, is going to cost the team field position game after game.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You picked Huber. I am not arguing with your pick, it's this prediction that is laughable after one game....

Fair enough if you want to laugh. We can circle back to this after the season and see if I lose the reactional-fandom posting game. Other posters noted similar concerns about him in the preseason. I saved my fear mongering for week 1. Let's hope the rain played a factor for his second to last in the NFL 40.9 average. The Browns punter was at 47.3 in the same conditions.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:22 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fair enough if you want to laugh. We can circle back to this after the season and see if I lose the reactional-fandom posting game. Other posters noted similar concerns about him in the preseason. I saved my fear mongering for week 1. Let's hope the rain played a factor for his second to last in the NFL 40.9 average. The Browns punter was at 47.3 in the same conditions.

These are the same guys who constantly bitched about Huber. It doesn't matter who we have, other posters are going to complain.
Reply/Quote
Huber was a fan favorite. No one "bitched" about him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: that punter is going to make us lose games, we'll miss the playoffs if he's still our punter by end of year IMO

[Image: playoffs.jpg]

If we're punting 10 times per game, mostly from inside our own 30, we'll miss the playoffs no matter who is punting.

We were one punt short of tying the Bengals record for number of punts in a game.

The person we missed most on Sunday was Joe Burrow.  I don't know if it was his calf, his lack of reps, the conditions, the signing, the defensive pressure, or some evil voodoo mix of all of the above, but that guy we saw on Sunday won't sniff the playoffs.  We need Joe Burrow back.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:35 AM)Tony Wrote: Who's Hunter Hurst?

Triple HHH?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: These are the same guys who constantly bitched about Huber. It doesn't matter who we have, other posters are going to complain.

Truth to this!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 11:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: From last season:

Eli Apple

Vonn Bell

Jessie Bates

Hunter Hurst

Kevin Huber

Samajie Perine

Trent Taylor

0 "funny points" awarded for saying someone who played today

Perine by far. The extra passpro and smashmouth runs likely would have helped us picking up those hard to find 1st downs. Particularly given the weather.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Punting a wet heavy ball in the wind 10 times at that....

CLE Punter 7 punts, 47.3 yard average
CIN Punter 10 punts, 40.9 yard average

same weather
Reply/Quote
I'd say bates is the best player we no longer have, but I don't think he was missed the most yesterday; as Dax Hill had a good-great game.

Samajae Perine had a good game for Den in their loss (78 total yards in 12 plays) Bengal backup RB totaled 18 yards yesterday.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 11:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: Huber was a fan favorite. No one "bitched" about him.

They sure did over the last couple of years, fan fave or not.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 12:14 PM)Roland Wrote: ***

If we're punting 10 times per game, mostly from inside our own 30, we'll miss the playoffs no matter who is punting.

We were one punt short of tying the Bengals record for number of punts in a game.
Sounds like the Bengals could have set a record Sunday if they had punted that time they went for it on 4th down on their own side of the field. 
Reply/Quote
Posted this after our week one loss. Lots of folks were going with Bates, but I mentioned Dax's good play makes that not our biggest loss. So after 3 weeks where do you stand.

Reply/Quote
Some stats:

Hurst: 9 receptions/ 72 yards/ 1 TD

Perine: 12 carries 54 yards, 9 receptions, 72 yards

Bell: 20 tackles/ 1 INT

Bates: 24 tackles/ 3 INTs

Reply/Quote
Nick Scott has been pretty bad. So maybe Bell.

Reply/Quote