Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who did we miss most today
(09-10-2023, 11:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: Joe Burrow?  Mellow

That's my sad sarcastic answer.

Real answer from the list is Vonn Bell. Scott is terrible.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bell
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My opinion hasn't changed since before the season started.
Bates is the easy answer because of his ATL production. But Dax is playing great and will only get better. Plus, Dax can do things that Bates can't do. His versatility, athletic ability and speed trump Bates IMO. Dax will be a top 5 FS in the near future.

Nick Scott is a liability. Vonn Bell without a doubt is a difference maker. He may not always have the eye popping stats, but if you watch him in game, he's always making plays in some way.

Hurst and Perine get Honorable Mention for now. I really wanted a TE like LaPorta in the draft to be able to attack the middle of the field better with the way defenses play Chase and Higgins now.
After passing on Gibbs and Achane, I'm also hoping Chase Brown gets a chance @RB2 and seizes the opportunity soon.

Tiger
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hayden Hurst. The guy was such a reliable target when all the WRs were covered, which seems to be all the time for the last 2 seasons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 01:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd say bates is the best player we no longer have, but I don't think he was missed the most yesterday; as Dax Hill had a good-great game.

Samajae Perine had a good game for Den in their loss (78 total yards in 12 plays) Bengal backup RB totaled 18 yards yesterday.

Perine is good, but I doubt he would've been used as much here. Mixon was having a game, Burrow was replaced by Scott Mitchell, and yet we still threw the ball 49 times.

Good thread, though. All of those guys you listed are playing great elsewhere. Some of them we replaced well, others not so much.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 01:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hayden Hurst. The guy was such a reliable target when all the WRs were covered, which seems to be all the time for the last 2 seasons.

Yup & he just ran hard after the catch and brought that energy with him.

He served his role well. Replaced Uzomah seamlessly.

So far this year (granted it’s a small sample size), we have taken a step back.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 07:27 AM)Whacked Wrote: Yup & he just ran hard after the catch and brought that energy with him.

I'd be open to giving Tanner Hudson a bit more of a run. He already has more yards that Smith in his only game. I've seen nothing from Smith as a receive or ability to block for why he should be TE 1. Obviously he's only had 2 games but I haven't been impressed. 
Reply/Quote
as we can all clearly see, it's the little guys that made the difference....as it usually is.
Reply/Quote
Well defense really has not suffered. Too early to tell if Smith replaces Hudson or if we miss Perine. However if pushed I’d say Bates or Bell. I don’t think Nick Scott is the answer.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I think we missed T Higgens the most
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 08:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's my sad sarcastic answer.

He certainly hasn't looked very good so far. I wonder how long it is before they start easing Battle into the mix.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's Bates!Dax Hill was great but he also made most of his plays around the line of scrimmage(similar to what Bell did for us). If we had Bates then Hill could play even more in the box; thus leading him to make even more impact plays at the LOS. Also the defense(while they played great) still gave up some big plays on Monday. .
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We miss a healthy Burrow.

TE and defensive holes aside, the defense played well enough to keep us in contention in each game. With the turnover at safety there's not much else we can ask for.

A healthy Burrow and we're 0-3.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 07:27 AM)Whacked Wrote: Yup & he just ran hard after the catch and brought that energy with him.

I loved the guy's attitude and toughness. Joe being hurt and relying on shorter throws just amplifies that need for a safety net TE. He'd be coming in clutch right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2023, 08:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That's my sad sarcastic answer.

I was probably alone on this, but I was more sad to see Bell go than Bates. Bell was such a great player for us, and more affordable and less whiny about his contract than Bates was.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 12:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was probably alone on this, but I was more sad to see Bell go than Bates. Bell was such a great player for us, and more affordable and less whiny about his contract than Bates was.

The hit on Shit Schuster has earned him all time favorite status with me ....like Boomer, Whit, Muñoz, etc.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 12:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was probably alone on this, but I was more sad to see Bell go than Bates. Bell was such a great player for us, and more affordable and less whiny about his contract than Bates was.

I agree with you. Bell was a better leader than Bates. He got people lined up correctly.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2023, 11:13 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree with you. Bell was a better leader than Bates. He got people lined up correctly.

I thought Bates and Bell would wind up like Ogunjobi and Hill. I thought Hill was the slightly better player at a better price. We let Ogunjobi go and kept Hill, and I was stoked.

Losing Bell was unexpected to me and I was totally bummed on that one.
Reply/Quote
Good question. Most of those holes have yet to be filled, and I feel them every week.

I'll just say Hurst because I'm thinking about the TEs right now (I can't walk and chew gum at the same time :p). We've gotten no production from them. Two first downs in three games, no scores, and you'd think we'd be all over them with Joe's calf and this need to get the ball out in 2.5 or less. It has not materialized. Now Irv has somehow pulled a hammy, he was made of glass to begin with, it's just... it doesn't bode well. We need to do something about that position imo. If we could sign Hurst that would be sweet.

2nd choice would be Bates. I found it always helped to have a guy back there who knew what he's doing, who was like an extension of Anarumo on the field. Dax is improving and he'll get there, but for now we're seeing some growing pains. His overall PFF grade is 59.3, Bates was always 10-20 points higher and this year he's at 91.2 (!).
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 09:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: that punter is going to make us lose games, we'll miss the playoffs if he's still our punter by end of year IMO
He was the best punter in college football ,when he was drafted.You don't give up on him,after 3 games.The Bengals made that mistake with a kicker,a few years ago.They cut him.after trading up top get him.The Eagles picked him up,and he became a pro bowl kicker  for them.,
Reply/Quote