Poll: Who did you like Best?
Andy
Carson
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who did you like Better?
I respect you guys choosing Andy, but all these “not even close” comments are a bit much, imo. It’s definitely close.

Palmer only had one less Pro Bowl, his rating here (86.9) was really close to Dalton’s (87.5), and Palmer led the league in passing TD’s in 2005 (something Dalton never did). I’d say they both had one truly elite year, which unfortunately both ended in injury, so the highs were the same. Dalton was more consistent, I’ll give him that.

Neither were good leaders, but I think people like Andy the person so much it factors in.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Dalton and it is not even close.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I respect you guys choosing Andy, but all these “not even close” comments are a bit much, imo. It’s definitely close.

Palmer only had one less Pro Bowl, his rating here (86.9) was really close to Dalton’s (87.5), and Palmer led the league in passing TD’s in 2005 (something Dalton never did). I’d say they both had one truly elite year, which unfortunately both ended in injury, so the highs were the same. Dalton was more consistent, I’ll give him that.

Neither were good leaders, but I think people like Andy the person so much it factors in.

I won't deny that Andy the person helps really separate it for me, but the team was more successful with Dalton. I'm not saying it was all because of him or that he put the team on his back and made it happen. However, he was a part of the success the team enjoyed. I also understand that it is a passing league, but he does leave with a lot of team passing records and near the top in other categories.

Now, Palmer was definitely more gifted. There's no argument there. However, I'd still take Dalton over Palmer without hesitation.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I respect you guys choosing Andy, but all these “not even close” comments are a bit much, imo. It’s definitely close.

One has a losing record and one a winning record

That is why it is not close

One has more playoff appearances

And yes CP is a douche does not help his cause while AD is a man of character
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Carson contributed to some fun Bengals seasons. Especially since he was part of the return to the playoffs after a dreadful 1990s. That said, I don't like how he handled himself in the end. Dalton's longevity and respect earned my vote.
Reply/Quote
I feel like Dalton got more out of his physical traits than he should have, while Palmer got less than he should have. Overall, their careers were very similar statistically, and Dalton led us to way more playoff trips.

I'll always remember 2005 fondly for those guys leading us out of the abyss, but I liked Dalton more than Palmer. Palmer never even wanted to be in Cincy, and will not associate himself with the Bengals in any way moving forward.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I feel like Dalton got more out of his physical traits than he should have, while Palmer got less than he should have. Overall, their careers were very similar statistically, and Dalton led us to way more playoff trips.

I'll always remember 2005 fondly for those guys leading us out of the abyss, but I liked Dalton more than Palmer. Palmer never even wanted to be in Cincy, and will not associate himself with the Bengals in any way moving forward.

I also don't see Dalton taking pot shots at the Bengals for the next ten years.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: CP had a losing record and AD a winning record. Both played for the same coach mostly (AD had to play for ZT which hurt him and his career)

It amazes me stats mean everything until they mean nothing, stat wise AD also wins, record AD wins and in the community one AD was awesome and CP was a shithead

Yes Dalton had a better record (team sport) he was 9 games over .500 (Palmer was 5 under). Palmer also didn’t have the luxury of playing 0-16, 1-15 Browns teams for a couple years. That’s 4 wins right there.

Reply/Quote
Boomer.

Never like Palmer’s attitude. His refusal to have elbow surgery ruined his career. He never had that cannon again, here or with OAK or AZ.

Never like Andy’s disappearing act on the big stages.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:35 PM)McC Wrote: I also don't see Dalton taking pot shots at the Bengals for the next ten years.

Yeah, no argument there. I certainly like Dalton better as a person. I just think Palmer was a better QB due to his physical gifts and talent.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: CP had a losing record and AD a winning record. Both played for the same coach mostly (AD had to play for ZT which hurt him and his career)

It amazes me stats mean everything until they mean nothing, stat wise AD also wins, record AD wins and in the community one AD was awesome and CP was a shithead

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  I tend to disregard some of the stuff with him leaving as nobody on this board has any idea what went on with that.  We all know how Mike Brown ran his team back then.  We have no idea if he made promises to Palmer that he didn't keep etc.

I could really care less about stats.  I knew that whenever we took the field with Palmer (prior to his injury) that we were either going to win or had a damn good chance.  Carson was an elite QB and he had his career go sideways after some injuries.  I never felt the excitement with Dalton that I had with Palmer.  Being a fan in the 90s was bad enough, Palmer and that group brought Cincy into the modern era.

If you asked me if I had to pick one guy to win a big game, I'm taking Palmer every time.  And really, it's not even close on that regard.

As for the community, we all know that's even close either.
Reply/Quote
Tough question to answer, but I'm assuming it was based on talent, so I went with douchebag Palmer. If Palmer hadn't gotten hurt or we had some of Zimmer's defenses we would have been awesome. If it was based on the man himself, then no doubt AD!!! he is a class act individual, just couldn't get it done in primetime. Palmer could learn a thing or too from the Red Rifle here!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:53 PM)McC Wrote: Palmer too.  2005 looked like the beginning of a long run of awesome.

So did 2015.. both seasons we will never know... but both QBs had great seasons those years
Reply/Quote
If i wanted a pick Six to the other team I pick Palmer, if i wanted a throw out of bounds at times Dalton so both had their weaknesses.. there are so many valuables with players on the team etc that also help a QB.. In the end I just look at the back of their playing card and with the Bengals Dalton leads hands down over Palmer
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So did 2015.. both seasons we will never know... but both QBs had great seasons those years

Can't argue that. 

I just mentioned 2005 because of the horrendous that came before it.  2015 came on the heels of four straight playoff teams.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:59 PM)McC Wrote: Can't argue that. 

I just mentioned 2005 because of the horrendous that came before it.  2015 came on the heels of four straight playoff teams.

Can't ever get rid of that feeling of excitement with the pass and catch and then the cut to Palmer on the ground.. 2005 was a great year.. then 2015, excited playing Steelers.. team is on a roll and Andy breaks thumb.. Sad then the meltdown and bag calls in playoff game.. 

We are due.. Burrow it is time help overcome and get us wins in the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:47 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Tough question to answer, but I'm assuming it was based on talent, so I went with douchebag Palmer. If Palmer hadn't gotten hurt or we had some of Zimmer's defenses we would have been awesome. If it was based on the man himself, then no doubt AD!!! he is a class act individual, just couldn't get it done in primetime. Palmer could learn a thing or too from the Red Rifle here!!!

Talent is for analyzing draft picks

We have years of results to judge how they used their skill to get results and lead team to wins or losses

CP was not a good leader, he was an elite talent. But in the end, the 2nd round draft pick got better team and individual results than the #1 overall pick in the draft.

Winner make everyone around them better, leaders lead. AD was a better leader and is a much better human being who went all in for the community of Cincinnati while CP was absent.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Dalton. He was an outstanding person, donating millions to the city and he was a winner for us, taking a 4-12 team and bringing them to the playoffs 5 years in a row. He was rarely injured and we didn't have to worry about a backup most of the time.Too bad he was never able to break that hump.
Reply/Quote
Andy is way more likeable.

Didn't have the talent that Carson did but the numbers even back up Andy was the better QB for us.
Reply/Quote
Carson, made it possible ro watch our team again, hell of an arm an accuracy untl his busted knee and shou
lder. With Carson there was always that feeling of hope. His mobility was his achilles.

Andy had better players but choked horribly in the playoffs, so he always left that disappointing feeling. Even McCarron almost got us a playoff win without Andy. Andy had a couple of nice comebacks for wins too.

Ill go with Carson.
Reply/Quote