Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Who do we keep after 2016?
(05-19-2015, 01:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think AJ Green will try free agency and is gone. Can you image what he'd do with a decent QB like Rodgers or Luck?

He doesn't have the option of trying free agency.  He will get tagged.
Reply/Quote
I will say this about next year's free agent crop - we obviously put some serious depth together on the o-line. I am worried a little bit about what happens if Jones and Sanu decide to leave. There's not a lot of experience behind them.
Reply/Quote
Unrestricted*

WR Green,- Duh, of course.

WR Mohamed Sanu - I would bring him back myself, but I need to see what he does this year and what does he want?

WR Marvin Jones- Yes unless he goes chasing money.

OT Andre Smith- I love Andre and if he's a bargain bring him back, but I'd be okay with him going on elsewhere if he's getting a nice deal.

OT Whitworth- Unless he falls completely off the map I want him back for 2 years and then retire. He can fight for a spot on the line and at worst be a quality backup.

DE Wallace Gilberry- I'd bring him back as that depth guy off the bench. I don't see him right now getting a big deal elswhere.

DT Brandon Thompson- Show me something. Right now I don't care either way.

LB Vincent Rey- I want him back especially off of the bench if the money's right.

LB Chris Carter- He can go.

CB Hall- I want him back. Need the veteran leadership, plus he might could move to S. Won't pay a whole lot though.

CB Adam Jones- I want him back. Not sure he'd get offered more elsewhere and I think he'd like to stay too.

S Nelson Held the S spot down all these years. Let him finish his last prime years here.

S Iloka- Yes, as long as someone doesn't throw a big contract his way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 10:30 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Not the current head coach.

Too bad that was our first priority to re-sign this offseason. I bet we don't work out deals with any of the other guys.
Reply/Quote
WR Green,- AJ will be here barring a career ending injury. If they don't reach a long term deal, then they'll tag him until one gets done.

WR Mohamed Sanu - I honestly thought we'd see a similar situation to the kickers back in 2012. Offer Sanu and Jones the same kind of deal and see who takes it first. After the draft, I think Sanu is the one that will be gone. He stepped up when AJ was out, but would disappear when he came back. He also drops way too many passes.

WR Marvin Jones- I'm guessing he'll still be here. He gives another weapon on the outside. Of course, that depends on what kind of money he's asking for. If he wants #1 WR money, then adios.

OT Andre Smith- Honestly, I don't see Andre back. While they've tried to make things look good. I truly feel like the relationship between Andre and the team has never been 100%. I believe we'll let him walk and stick Ced or Fisher in there in 2016.

OT Whitworth - Hard to imagine Whit in any other uniform. I think he stays with the team. He might be one of those rare "play all career with one team" guys. He's arguably the 2nd best LT in team history. Mike Brown has shown loyalty to some players and I think Whit will be one of them.

DE Wallace Gilberry - Gone. He'll go back to his rotational role, but I believe Clarke is supposed to be his replacement at this point.

DT Brandon Thompson - Along the lines of Pat Sims. Some team will most likely give him an opportunity to be a starter, or at least play more snaps, and he'll go with them.

LB Vincent Rey - Re-sign. I'm not saying I would agree with it, but the coaches love him and he shouldn't cost much. He also gives Hobson 2-3 feel good articles a year.

LB Chris Carter - He's not even going to make the 53 this year unless we're nailed with injuries.

CB Hall - I think we're going to see the "who takes the deal first" battle between Hall and Pacman. Dennard can kick inside and take the slot if Hall is the one walks. Or we keep Hall and let him play slot while Dre and Dennard play outside. Pacman's spot may also depend on Mario Alford. If Alford can take on all return duties, then Pac can focus squarely on CB.

CB Adam - See Hall.

S Nelson - This team has talked up Shawn Williams and we just took Derron Smith. I'm guessing these two will take over for Reggie in 2016.

S Iloka - Absolutely re-sign. Iloka is a young safety who can lay the wood and cover. We've been looking for a safety like him since Madieu had his shoulder injury in 05 and changed.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 01:34 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I think AJ Green will try free agency and is gone. Can you image what he'd do with a decent QB like Rodgers or Luck?

No way we let AJ go IMHO. He will be back.

I think the only big FA that might leave is Andre Smith. With us pickin Ogbuehi at 21 it
seemed the coaches were not happy with Andre getting in such great shape only cause
it is his contract year. This is what i heard anyways. Could be wrong though, i like Andre
and think he is one of the best RT's in the game.

Problem is, Cedric O has great potential as well if we are talking about keeping Smith.
Reply/Quote

I'm very afraid you're right. Though he knows he's had his own failures, he has seemed more and more disenchanted with this team. Someone's going to offer him a hell of a contract. If it's a team that's a contender with a top 5-10 QB he'll be gone.

The only thing that saves his job will be a great season and great post season. We'll have to go to the AFC title game I think. He's looked down right disgusted after the last two playoff losses.
Reply/Quote
We cannot lose AJ Green
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 06:44 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm very afraid you're right.  Though he knows he's had his own failures, he has seemed more and more disenchanted with this team.   Someone's going to offer him a hell of a contract.   If it's a team that's a contender with a top 5-10 QB he'll be gone.

The only thing that saves his job will be a great season and great post season.   We'll have to go to the AFC title game I think.  He's looked down right disgusted after the last two playoff losses.

If no extension is agreed upon before next offseason, then AJ will be tagged.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
For most of them, it depends on this year.

Sanu wasn't reliable when he needed to be. Whit, Jones and Hall are getting up in years. Jones has one good season on his resume. Smith is Smith.

Green is the biggest concern, but he's also the one we will make the biggest push to re-sign.
Reply/Quote
WR Green,- Staying put, will cost stupid money, somehow still will be worth it.

WR Mohamed Sanu - Wait and see? That or I can see them doing something similar to MJ/Dunlap. Offer Sanu/Jones the same deal, first to bite gets it, other is a FA.

WR Marvin Jones- More likely to stay I think, but see above with Sanu.

OT Andre Smith- Writing seems on the wall after the first 2 rounds of the draft.

OT Whitworth- I think he'll stay, move to Guard in a year or two, and hang em up happy.

DE Wallace Gilberry- If he's a min salary type I can see him back on a 1 yr.

DT Brandon Thompson- Depends on demand, if it is near min, he'll be back I think.

LB Vincent Rey- Wait and see.

LB Chris Carter- Let's see him get out of camp first.

CB Hall- If he is a CB, he'll be gone without a massive pay cut. But, I could see them re-sign & move him to safety if Nelson/Iloka leaves.

CB Adam Jones- Depends on cost and how he performs in the return game.

S Nelson- 50/50. Team could get younger at safety and Williams might be due a chance.

S Iloka- I don't think he's going anywhere, but I have a feeling Iloka is going to get a bunch more attention in FA than anyone thinks if he stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
I know they wont but i think they should trade or release Rey Maualuga his not playing that great Bengals need a good MLB that above average
Reply/Quote

AJ will never see free agency. My guess is that he will be wrapped up prior to the franchise tag date in February if not sooner.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2015, 05:58 PM)Benton Wrote: For most of them, it depends on this year.

Sanu wasn't reliable when he needed to be. Whit, Jones and Hall are getting up in years. Jones has one good season on his resume. Smith is Smith.

Green is the biggest concern, but he's also the one we will make the biggest push to re-sign.

Yea it's a bit early to try and predict what moves they're going to make after the season when we haven't even started the season yet. Maybe revisit this in December.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 10:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: WR Green,- Our franchise is tied to this guys hip, there is no way we let him walk. If we did, we would let all of the momentum and half of our fan base go with him.

WR Mohamed Sanu - I think Sanu really likes being in Cinci, and will take a smaller deal to stay. He does have tiger stripe tattoos after all. I hope we can keep him, as he is good when he doesn't have to be the number 1 or 2 guy. It will be interesting to see how well he does this upcoming year after working a year as the premier receiver. He may be sooo much better than two years ago!

WR Marvin Jones- We will sign him as well. I think we like our WR core as it is. Needs to work on drops, but is a top end number 2

OT Andre Smith- Personally, I want to keep Andre. I think he is a great run blocker, and has matured into an allpro tackle, I would sign him up.

OT Whitworth- Mike Brown already told him that this was his last year as a Bengal (or so Whit said on twitter). This leads me to believe we let him walk, and resign Andre. We keep Andre as our all pro RT, and groom the new boys to be our LT.

DE Wallace Gilberry- He will be gone after this year. Is a journeyman player, and did his part here killing Manziel.

DT Brandon Thompson- I think he will also be gone. Depends a lot on this upcoming year, but I feel DT is something we will target high in next years draft

LB Vincent Rey- He has been a great backup, but backup players shouldn't always be resigned and I believe that is true with Rey. Let him go work for a spot on a worse team.

LB Chris Carter- Who? GONE haha

CB Hall- It is time. He isn't the old Hall anymore, time to move on.

CB Adam Jones- Jones can stay on a small deal, but will he take it? I think a lot of that depends on if we win a playoff game or not and how much of the return duties he is allowed to take part in. I could see him retiring if we lose again and he isn't allowed to return punts and kickoffs often.

S Nelson- Resign Nelson. I think he is very valuable, and replacing him would be silly. He is still fairly young I believe, and safeties can play for a while if they have good instincts which Reggie does.

S Iloka- Resign Iloka, he is a damn good young safety.

I feel like there are others that aren't on your list, but maybe I am mistaken.

When did Andrew Whitworth say this?
Reply/Quote