0%
0 0%
Darren Simmons
0%
0 0%
Vance Joseph
0%
0 0%
That awful coach who won 3 games in 3 years with cleveland.
0%
0 0%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want as our next HC?
Who do you want as our next coach. I think we need a young confident offensive minded head coach who is a winner. The guy I like is Zac Taylor. He was a former qb of Nebraska who got inducted into the Nebraska h.o.f. He wants to win and he seems smart. He interviewed with Elway and the Broncos and Elway said he came away really impressed with Taylor. We need a winner at HC with a confident attitude and Taylor has it.
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 09:10 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Paul Alexander

HC, not piano lessons.
Reply/Quote
Oh

Reply/Quote
You forgot to list "other" as a poll option, as I'm pretty certain that some names on the wish list have not yet been made public, due to their teams being active in the playoffs this week...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 10:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You forgot to list "other" as a poll option, as I'm pretty certain that some names on the wish list have not yet been made public, due to their teams being active in the playoffs this week...

Yeah I forgot to list that.
Reply/Quote
As long as it's not the guy that's 11-44-1 as a HC I'll be somewhat ok. I'd mich rather have Bieniemy, Taylor, Waldron or someone like that.

I voted Bieniemy
Reply/Quote
I remember a young offensive coach. His name was Dave Shula..

As to who I want. Mike McCarthy. It was discussed today that he wants to go somewhere with an established QB.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 10:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember a young offensive coach. His name was Dave Shula..

As to who I want. Mike McCarthy. It was discussed today that he wants to go somewhere with an established QB.

I'd think if they wanted to bring not only an outside candidate to the team, but also a coach with credentials that the established players would respond to... this would be the best route.

It's Bengals so you just never know.

The Browns might be an attractive destination but Mayfield's personality might be a huge turn off for McCarthy.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don’t believe next Cincinnati head coach is on this list.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 10:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember a young offensive coach. His name was Dave Shula..

I thought I read where he's stated he's only interested in the Browns and Jets ?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 10:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You forgot to list "other" as a poll option, as I'm pretty certain that some names on the wish list have not yet been made public, due to their teams being active in the playoffs this week...

Sign me up for Kris Richard. Young upcoming coach who has had success at multiple places. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:51 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Sign me up for Kris Richard. Young upcoming coach who has had success at multiple places. 

I have to say that before this coaching search began, I really didn't know who Kris Richard was.  Now, that I've taken the opportunity to look into him, and watch a little bit of his personality, I must say that I'd find him to be an excellent candidate.  For all the good things that Marvin ever did during his tenure with the Bengals, there was one thing lacking that we all wanted to see.  That trait would be passion and emotion.

From what I've come to learn about Kris Richard, in a very brief look into his persona and coaching record, he is most definitely the Anti-Marvin when it comes to being demonstrative.  I believe that a man like Richard has that fire, passion, and personal emotion to reach into players and demands them to perform to rise to the moment.  

For all we know, he may not even be on the Bengals list of hopeful candidates.  All I can say is that I think it would be a mistake to not have him on the list.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Tossup between Bieniemy and Monken for me from that list. I'm still pretty high on Matt LaFleur, wish they'd take a look at him.
Reply/Quote
I want someone that has a bit more experience than some of the candidates that are being interviewed and mentioned but seems innovative . So I want Todd Monken for a few reasons

1. Has head coaching experience at Southern Miss
2. Has been a offensive coordinator for 2 to 3 years
3. Has put up nice numbers at TB under some chaos
4. Positive reviews from his players under him as a coach.
Reply/Quote
Kris Richard
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bieniemy or Monken for me. And, even though I can't stand the guy, I can't believe Greg Williams isn't getting any play. He almost took the Browns to the playoffs.....
Reply/Quote
Of those on the list:

1A: Zac Taylor
1B: Todd Monken
2. Eric Bieniemy (something tells me Andy Reid's tree is due for a dud)
3. Anyone currently or formerly associated with the Bengals (if this happens, I will reevaluate my Bengals fandom)

If I could go off the list, McCarthy (mentioned by bfine) and LaFleur (mentioned by Mint Berry Crunch) would be at the top.

I like the guys we've looked at, but I can't say I'm thrilled with them like I would've been a Frank Reich (who I loved when he was hired).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I didn’t vote because I really don’t think our next coach is listed.

Does anyone else think we are waiting till after the national championship game to do another interview? Dabo Swinney is really high on my list. And in other threads I’ve read a lot of people make good reasons why he or any other college coaches wouldn’t succeed here or in the nfl, but he seems to have the tangibles, personality, acumen to succeed in the NFL if he wanted to make the jump. He’s not the arrogant prick Chip Kelly is. Look how Kelly is doing at UCLA, leads me to believe he was nothing but a flash in the pan. Dabo has built a complete program there in Clemson. Offense, defense, STs. If a different situation than Kelly had at Oregon.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
1a. Bieniemy (I wanted Nagy last year)
1b. Richard
2. Dan Campbell ( Haven’t heard him connected to Bengals yet)
Reply/Quote