0%
0 0%
Darren Simmons
0%
0 0%
Vance Joseph
0%
0 0%
That awful coach who won 3 games in 3 years with cleveland.
0%
0 0%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want as our next HC?
IMO Vic Fangio is a clear #1 choice. The guy just succeeds at every level and has earned a chance to HC. You can always get one of the Rams positional coaches to come in as OC to change the offensive culture and Vance Joseph as DC to team with Fangio.

#2 choice would be Todd Monken
#3 Eric Bienemy

I am concerned Eric Bienemy's success is a result of Andy Reid.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd happily roll the dice on the following:

Eric Bieniemy
Kris Richard
Shane Waldron
Todd Monken
Vic Fangio
Zac Taylor

Unfortunately the Cowboy's win on Saturday means we wouldn't be able to interview Richard until next week at the earliest. Don't know if the Bengals would wait that long.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 01:45 PM)Okeana Wrote: IMO Vic Fangio is a clear #1 choice.  The guy just succeeds at every level and has earned a chance to HC.  You can always get one of the Rams positional coaches to come in as OC to change the offensive culture and Vance Joseph as DC to team with Fangio.  

#2 choice would be Todd Monken
#3 Eric Bienemy

I am concerned Eric Bienemy's success is a result of Andy Reid.

Fangio may be heading to Denver

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So I guess I'm not the only one who logs into Bengals.com to see if they've finally decided on a new HC. It's a bit like logging into reds.com waiting to see the next big pitching acquisition only to read some drivel about some minor league player who may or may not ever pan out day after day, week after week, month after month, year after......   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:13 PM)pally Wrote: Fangio may be heading to Denver

Thats what i heard and i didn't see if we had an interview set up with him either which is why i haven't listed him and didn't vote for him. I would love to have him as our HC too though if somehow we were able to get him here. Seems creative and aggressive and makes adjustments and that is what we need at HC.
Reply/Quote
looks like 2 head coaches are now spoken for... Matt Lafuear and Bruce Arians. Neither were on our interview list I don't believe... (as spots start closing coaches should be more inclined to make decisions... if the team is waiting on the coach at least)
Reply/Quote
I don't think it much of a stretch to predict that whoever the Bengals hire as the next HC we'll see a LOT of people unhappy. Nobody is 100% fail-proof especially working for Mike Brown. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As much as "in house" candidates are getting a thumbs down: I'd be happy with anyone other than Hue Jackson. He has proved to be a failure as a HC. Simmons and Lazor have done just as good as a HC than anyone on a dream sheet.

My wants are more in the coordinator position(s):

Give me Steve Wilks as DC and Charlie Wiess as OC.

But more importantly than any of this. Bring in a competent GM/talent adviser. Dream there would be Pat Kirwin

So have Teryl Austin and Ken Zampese. Maybe we should hire one of those guys. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: looks like 2 head coaches are now spoken for... Matt Lafuear and Bruce Arians. Neither were on our interview list I don't believe... (as spots start closing coaches should be more inclined to make decisions... if the team is waiting on the coach at least)

Just happy it isn't one of the guys i want going...

Lafleur didn't have too good of a year as OC of the Titans and the game may have passed Arians by.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'd happily roll the dice on the following:

Eric Bieniemy
Kris Richard
Shane Waldron
Todd Monken
Vic Fangio  
Zac Taylor

Same here. My #1 choice is Bienemy, but I gotta admit that Monken - based on posts on this board - has moved up to my #2.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
looks like we should be able to get who we want... And that coach we might not even have talked to yet.

Cardinals
Green Bay
Tampa Bay

Are already working on new HCs deals.

Browns and Denver seem to have narrowed it down to a few canidates none of which seemed on our radar so far.

So that just leaves.
Jets
dolphins
Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 07:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: looks like we should be able to get who we want... And that coach we might not even have talked to yet.

Cardinals
Green Bay
Tampa Bay

Are already working on new HCs deals.

Browns and Denver seem to have narrowed it down to a few canidates none of which seemed on our radar so far.

So that just leaves.
Jets
dolphins
Bengals.

Great news, i think we make the right call this time around and go outside as we would of announced it already if it was an inside hire. Heard the Jets are looking at Beinemy so we will have to be on it if he is our guy. Monken, Taylor or Richard would be great to me as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 02:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So have Teryl Austin and Ken Zampese. Maybe we should hire one of those guys. 

Probably shouldn't hire someone we've already fired, but you knew that
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote