Poll: Who do you want to Start?
Jake
Will
Someone Else?
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who do you want to start Jake or Will?
(09-17-2023, 09:58 PM)Whacked Wrote: Andy Dalton …. blows the doors off our back-ups.

He available?

For all the AD haters, he played thru plenty of injuries too.

Not as gifted as JB but would grind and try, even in the midst of the hate.

Ohhh and while he had AJ…… JB has Chase AND Tee

I will never understand the hate for AD.

Sucked at times …. just like JB does.

Yep, and got blamed for every loss.... current QB plays like shit? Let's blame everyone from Mike Brown to the water boy, lol. It's fascinating to watch. Hypocrisy knows no bounds!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Depends on the guy. Didn't Mayfield arrive in LA like 2 days before he led them to a win that weekend?

Yes. 
Reply/Quote
Fitz Magic
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:51 PM)Joelist Wrote: None of the above. Wait until we know for certain before making this kind of thread...

We are so flat with Joe, even he looks flat, roll the dice with Browning,  I think the defense will play better knowing they must step up and maybe the young kid will spark the offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:55 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep, and got blamed for every loss.... current QB plays like shit? Let's blame everyone from Mike Brown to the water boy, lol. It's fascinating to watch. Hypocrisy knows no bounds!

Truth!

Was Andy Dalton elite? Yes, at times. Was he durable? Oh yes! He got tossed around like a beanbag at a cornhole tournament and kept going.

Would Dalton be better than Jake Browning or Will Grier?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:13 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Fitz Magic

Ryan Fitzpatrick is older than Zac Taylor. I wonder what Cam Newton is doing?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 10:55 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep, and got blamed for every loss.... current QB plays like shit? Let's blame everyone from Mike Brown to the water boy, lol. It's fascinating to watch. Hypocrisy knows no bounds!

Dude, you’re really sticking your head in the sand if you’re not seeing all the criticism for Burrow right now.

Reply/Quote
Will G on X and most are wanting Will over Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:13 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Fitz Magic

He's making commercials and not long ago we were hoping Burrow would take a big ol' discount because he could eventually cash in making commercials.  Fitzmagic is way ahead of the game, dude never even made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Guess one of these guys will be playing Monday night. Burrow is not driving anything down field and certainly not down the middle. His passes are sailing which is probably why he’s not throwing anything over the middle. Wish they would have sat him against Cleveland since I don’t think we were winning that game regardless. Part of me says suck it up butter cup and try to get to the bye week. But this calf is just going to be an ongoing issue all season. Don’t really care at this point if he plays next week or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Guess one of these guys will be playing Monday night. Burrow is not driving anything down field and certainly not down the middle. His passes are sailing which is probably why he’s not throwing anything over the middle. Wish they would have sat him against Cleveland since I don’t think we were winning that game regardless. Part of me says suck it up butter cup and try to get to the bye week. But this calf is just going to be an ongoing issue all season. Don’t really care at this point if he plays next week or not.

YUP.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:58 PM)Whacked Wrote: Andy Dalton …. blows the doors off our back-ups.

Would rather have the Harvard dude.

Reply/Quote
Bengals need to bring in a capable backup QB.

They should have brought in a backup QB 5 months ago in FA.
They should have definitely brought in a backup after the calf injury to Burrow.

Andy Dalton would have been the best option for backup QB, but I can see why he wouldn't want the job.
Case Keenum played pretty damn well for the Vikings before they signed Kirk.
There were a number of solid options for backup QB in the offseason. We ended up with Simien.

Right now I couldn't tell you the best option.
I would say Matt Ryan is the best I'm aware of, but I'm not sure if he is in shape or what.

Bengals/Taylor could have handled this situation better (both in preventing injury and in bringing in a backup).
It is what it is at this point.
Not sure what to expect.
If Burrow isn't healthy, this season could be over though.
If we signed a capable backup, I'd be more optimistic.

I didn't expect this. Last year at 0-2 I was very confident we'd make the playoffs.
Without Burrow it feels more like 50-50.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:57 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Bengals need to bring in a capable backup QB.

They should have definitely brought in a backup after the calf injury to Burrow.

Andy Dalton would have been the best option for backup QB, but I can see why he wouldn't want the job.
There were a number of solid options for backup QB in the offseason. We ended up with Simien.

I would say Matt Ryan is the best I'm aware of, but I'm not sure if he is in shape or what.

Bengals/Taylor could have handled this situation better (both in preventing injury and in bringing in a backup).
Not sure what to expect.

I didn't expect this. Last year at 0-2 I was very confident we'd make the playoffs.

Wish we would have went after the great Mike White since he killed us. I would love to have Dalton as the backup but I don’t see that happening unless he wants to retire here.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wish we would have went after the great Mike White since he killed us. I would love to have Dalton as the backup but I don’t see that happening unless he wants to retire here.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15183984]

Reply/Quote
Give the $17 million that’s available to Brady
Partial season for TB and look at the weapons he would have.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:45 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Give the $17 million that’s available to Brady
Partial season for TB and look at the weapons he would have.

He's a part owner now, by the time he got that sorted out to play here it'll be playoff time. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Wish we would have went after the great Mike White since he killed us. I would love to have Dalton as the backup but I don’t see that happening unless he wants to retire here.

Im like rolling with Browning.. not alot out there.. Dalton would be the best backup to go after in trade but agree doubt that would happen. 
Reply/Quote
If this next game, I go with Browning because Grier has been here just for a couple weeks, and a new guy would also need time to get acclimated.
If we're talking after halfway through the season though, I'd go Grier or someone new.
I'm not much of a fan of Browning.

Browning was ok coming out college, but I think Grier is a better, more accurate passer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:57 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Bengals need to bring in a capable backup QB.

Not sure what to expect.

Andy would be a disaster.  

People would be ecstatic if he somehow came back, but that's largely based on near decade-old memories.  The minute he failed he's get eaten alive by fans and media.  

He's a capable backup and he's better than what we have, but I feel like he's run into some very unrealistic expectations in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote