Poll: Who do you want to Start?
Jake
Will
Someone Else?
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Who do you want to start Jake or Will?
(09-17-2023, 09:58 PM)Whacked Wrote: Andy Dalton …. blows the doors off our back-ups.

He available?

For all the AD haters, he played thru plenty of injuries too.

Not as gifted as JB but would grind and try, even in the midst of the hate.

Ohhh and while he had AJ…… JB has Chase AND Tee

I will never understand the hate for AD.

Sucked at times …. just like JB does.

Andy could win a few games with this team. He was decent last year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If it were a short term injury to Burrow I would make a call too Jay Cutler if he is still in shape some familiarity with Taylor from his time with the Dolphins
Reply/Quote
I posted this in the other thread, Browning or Grier may surprise lots of people if given a chance..
Reply/Quote
how about Josh Johnson? that guy comes back in the league every leap year for the last 24 years. I think he's a vampire
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 02:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If it were a short term injury to Burrow I would make a call too Jay Cutler if he is still in shape some familiarity with Taylor from his time with the Dolphins

Whys stop there. Zac was a QB at Nebraska so let's just have him play QB and coach. No on is more familiar with Zac than the man himself.
Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude, you’re really sticking your head in the sand if you’re not seeing all the criticism for Burrow right now.

I'm seeing some that is totally unwarranted regarding Joe and his contract, and some legit.....but you're sticking your head in the sand if you're not seeing the oline, defense, Zac, (hell I've even seen a fire Anarumo post on social media), and others being blamed by fanboys. Like I said, it's fascinating. Andy used to be the whipping boy ...now it's Zac. Seems this fanbase always needs a scapegoat.

By the way, they finally copped to limiting the playbook for Joe's calf.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/19/bengals-dialed-back-playbook-prevent-joe-burrow-injury/

Will people lay off the stupid "play calling" narrative? I think we both know that answer, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If team hadn't accomplished what they accomplished previous 2 seasons I would be in full on panic mode. Right now I have a right to be seriously concerned. We need more of the SB coach Zac Taylor the 1 that went for it in those 70 - 30 spots where the conservative approach to some may have been more prudent there were multiple 4th and less than 5 where because of a penalty once again we were forced to punt. I'd like to go back to the Zac Taylor that used to go for it in those spots.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't vote cause I don't want either one to start if Burrow is really as hurt as some are implying. We need to make a move
if it is that bad (putting him on IR as some are saying) I like Grier but he has only been here a couple weeks and doesn't know
the playbook most likely, but he IS accurate from what he has shown in the past. Browning I thought would of improved more
than he has by now and thrived in the PS if he was an answer IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 04:03 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If team hadn't accomplished what they accomplished previous 2 seasons I would be in full on panic mode. Right now I have a right to be seriously concerned. We need more of the SB coach Zac Taylor the 1 that went for it in those 70 - 30 spots where the conservative approach to some may have been more prudent there were multiple 4th and less than 5 where because of a penalty once again we were forced to punt. I'd like to go back to the Zac Taylor that used to go for it in those spots.

I can understand why some are seriously concerned instead of in complete panic mode.

Last season though, Burrow was getting over the appendectomy, this is a little different as he most likely tweaked something and had a
setback. If he was getting better and closer to 100% I wouldn't be concerned much at all, but IT IS different in this scenario this year.
Reply/Quote
I wanted us to sign Taylor Heinicke
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 02:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If it were a short term injury to Burrow I would make a call too Jay Cutler if he is still in shape some familiarity with Taylor from his time with the Dolphins

You mean the 40 year old Jay Cutler who hasn't played in over six years? The one who posted an 80 QB rating that season? Man, if he is one of our options we may as well pack it up now. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 03:20 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Whys stop there. Zac was a QB at Nebraska so let's just have him play QB and coach. No on is more familiar with Zac than the man himself.
Ninja

The 1 pass I seen Browning throw in a actual game to Chase he has a weak arm. Grier has been repeatedly cut by QB needy teams we aren't exactly looking at a position of strength no matter who we get I'm guessing if Burrow is out more than 2 weeks someone right now on another NFL teams practice squad will be our starting QB
Reply/Quote

Jay Cutler wasn't in shape in his prime.  4 years removed from the NFL and a divorce later?  I haven't googled the guy, but im skeptical he's got the ability and motivation to go. 

Hell the dude looked like he hated being a QB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 01:05 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Andy could win a few games with this team. He was decent last year

100% agree. He is at least comparable or perhaps better than all of the other names thrown out in this thread IMO. Definitely better than our backups.
Reply/Quote
Stop it. Get some help.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:41 PM)samhain Wrote: Andy would be a disaster.  

People would be ecstatic if he somehow came back, but that's largely based on near decade-old memories.  The minute he failed he's get eaten alive by fans and media.  

He's a capable backup and he's better than what we have, but I feel like he's run into some very unrealistic expectations in Cincinnati.

I was speaking in terms of the best backup QBs available talent-wise. 
Dalton was the best backup available this offseason.

Whether or not he's a good fit is another topic entirely.
I think in my post I opined that it probably wouldn't work out (with the way he left and the bad energy involving that).

It'd be nice if we brought someone in that was atleast as good as Brandon Allen--ideally better. 
At this point I'm not sure why they wouldn't have atleast brought someone in to compete for the backup spot that has some experience.
Reply/Quote
Sure wish Bengals would have signed Bridgewater

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 07:03 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sure wish Bengals would have signed Bridgewater

He's perfect his only flaw is he is made of glass. He does it too himself though he thinks he is Josh Allen
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They won't pick a vet up now. They knew Burrow had a calf injury and went with Browning.

Yea, run him out there to get hurt worse. Great plan. ??
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: He's a part owner now, by the time he got that sorted out to play here it'll be playoff time. 

Also, Brady wouldnt come here unless Burrow were out for the season.   It would be a huge long shot to get him out of retirement to begin with and considering the other factors, it's just not realistic.  Its a pipe dream
Reply/Quote