Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else is tired of the HB Stretch play?
When I can be a on 3 way phone call with my friends watching the game and we predict the play calls that is a PROBLEM. Scrap the HB Stretch play, or at least quit running it 20 times a game, and what the hell is the problem with this offensive line, I'm starting to think its just something with this offense schematically, how do you let Parsons come in untouched?

There are just so many issues on this team, I don't even know where to begin.
Reply/Quote
It never, and I mean never works.. The playcalling is the most predictable in the NFL.. Zac blows goats..
Reply/Quote
I’m tired of just about everything Lac does.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How much would it even matter what plays we call when DL's get past our OL in .0002 seconds every snap. Id love to critique play calling but so far there isnt much to critique, because most of our plays get blown up in record speed.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:36 AM)bengaloo Wrote: How much would it even matter what plays we call when DL's get past our OL in .0002 seconds every snap. Id love to critique play calling but so far there isnt much to critique, because most of our plays get blown up in record speed.

The line is so bad because the scheme, when Parsons goes unblocked over and over that is a tactical issue. 
Reply/Quote
I feel like the Oline players they picked up were better in power schemes. Thought maybe it was a sign of a scheme change. Now they look out of place in the wide zone....

Trying to place square peg in round holes? Or whatever the saying is.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:56 AM)740Bengal Wrote: When I can be a on 3 way phone call with my friends watching the game and we predict the play calls that is a PROBLEM 

What is the tell?

How exactly do you and your friends know exactly when we ate going to run this play.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What is the tell?

How exactly do you and your friends know exactly when we ate going to run this play.

Tendencies, if it's first down, etc.  We thought it would be a stupid spot to run it a few times, and of course Taylor ran it at those times. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:18 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m tired of just about everything Lac does.

That's so cute.... and juvenile. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 10:00 AM)jj22 Wrote: I feel like the Oline players they picked up were better in power schemes. Thought maybe it was a sign of a scheme change. Now they look out of place in the wide zone....

Trying to place square peg in round holes? Or whatever the saying is.....

That’s on the coaches/Owner. If they don’t fit don’t pick them up.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:21 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Tendencies, if it's first down, etc.  We thought it would be a stupid spot to run it a few times, and of course Taylor ran it at those times. 

We don't run it every first down. That is BS.
Reply/Quote
WE DO have very pronounced tendencies (as numerous analysts and players/coaches of other teams have repeatedly stated in the past they can tell pretty accurately before the snap if we are running or passing). They are more in the vein of the formation giving the play away. This is why the best offensive coaches actually strive to create systems that both run and pass out of the same base formations - to remove the tell.

As to the scheme mismatch I also see it - we have players who all are good in a power scheme which attacks trying to do wide zone and they are not comfortable in it and not currently effective in it.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We don't run it every first down. That is BS.

Lets just start all this crap again, I'm not here to debate things with you, you ask the question...I'll give ya the answer.. you don't like the Fn answer than don't ask the question.  Not literally every first down...but just when it's a terrible time to run it... we run it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:39 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Lets just start all this crap again, I'm not here to debate things with you, you ask the question...I'll give ya the answer.. you don't like the Fn answer than don't ask the question.  Not literally every first down...but just when it's a terrible time to run it... we run it. 

If it is a terrible time to run it, then wouldn't that be unpredictable and against tendencies? 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:56 AM)740Bengal Wrote: When I can be a on 3 way phone call with my friends watching the game and we predict the play calls that is a PROBLEM. Scrap the HB Stretch play, or at least quit running it 20 times a game, and what the hell is the problem with this offensive line, I'm starting to think its just something with this offense schematically, how do you let Parsons come in untouched?

HB Stretch play?  is the OC playing madden with CJ2k?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: If it is a terrible time to run it, then wouldn't that be unpredictable and against tendencies? 

Like running a QB sneak on 4th and 15? no one sees it coming
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:56 AM)740Bengal Wrote: When I can be a on 3 way phone call with my friends watching the game and we predict the play calls that is a PROBLEM. Scrap the HB Stretch play, or at least quit running it 20 times a game, and what the hell is the problem with this offensive line, I'm starting to think its just something with this offense schematically, how do you let Parsons come in untouched?

So, did you feel that if you said you were on a call, during the Bengals game, with 2 other people, that it would give some legitimacy to your claim of being able to correctly call plays before they were run?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Like running a QB sneak on 4th and 15? no one sees it coming

You got your big brain going now!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 04:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: You got your big brain going now!  Ninja

Stayed at a hollywood Inn last night
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: If it is a terrible time to run it, then wouldn't that be unpredictable and against tendencies? 

Bc it’s Zac Taylor, expect the terrible.
Reply/Quote