Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else was conflicted during this game?
whether we get Burrow or Young or possibly trade down for Herbert will depend on The Dolphins losing to Giants for Bengals get number 1 pick. I think we win 1 of Browns Dolphins but not both. Giants lose out if they dont win Sunday
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: whether we get Burrow or Young or possibly trade down for Herbert will depend on The Dolphins losing to Giants for Bengals get number 1 pick. I think we win 1 of Browns Dolphins but not both. Giants lose out if they dont win Sunday

If the Giants pick 1 and we pick 2 we "should" be able to get Burrow since the Giants picked a QB high in the last draft. They need help on D more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 09:42 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If the Giants pick 1 and we pick 2 we "should" be able to get Burrow since the Giants picked a QB high in the last draft. They need help on D more than anything.

Unless someone who really wants Burrow pays a ransom to the Giants to leap-frog us.  With our luck it'd be the Steelers, and then we'd get to play "our" quarterback twice a year.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I"m really hoping to draft Burrow. I'm nervous about how the last few weeks will play out. Most importantly, the Dolphins need to be selecting after us because I think they are the most likely to pick Burrow. Best case scenario, the Bengals go 1-2 to finish the season and end up 2-14. The only way they don't pick #1 in this scenario is Giants lose out, which means the Dolphins win at least 4 games since they play each other next week and would put them behind us, even if our one win is against them.

I think we should be rooting for the Fins to beat the Giants this weekend. Although that would keep us within one game of the Giants (assuming we lose to the Patriots), that ensures Miami picks behind us. There are actually quite a few scenarios involving CIN, NYG, MIA, and WAS in which we don't end up selecting first. If Miami loses to NYG next week and we win the last two games of the season, we are all but assured of selecting behind Miami since they play NE week 17 and we would end up with the same record, but they would be ahead due to SOS. That's why I'm hoping Miami beats the Giants this coming week. 
Reply/Quote
It doesn't just come down to the Giants vs Dolphins game.

We have 1 win and the Giants have 2 wins. We have one winnable game against the Dolphins and the Giants have two winnable games against the Dolphins and Redskins.

More than likely we win one more game, giving us 2 wins, and the Giants win one more game giving them 3 wins.

The only scenario where they beat us out is if we win our game against the Dolphins and they lose both of their winnable games against the Dolphins and Redskins, then we both end up with 2 wins and they beat us on weaker strength of schedule.

If each of those winnable games is even then the probability is minimal. It would be 1 in 8 or about 12.5 % chance of happening assuming each winnable game as 50% chance of happening.

WWW LLL WLL LWL LLW WWL WLW LWW.

Only 1 of those is WLL out of 8 possibilities.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 09:42 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If the Giants pick 1 and we pick 2 we "should" be able to get Burrow since the Giants picked a QB high in the last draft. They need help on D more than anything.

If the Giants get the 1st pick we're not getting Burrow unless we swap positions with them.  If they're sold on Daniel Jones no way they keep that pick.  They'll go with the highest bidder and there will be a bunch of them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 10:38 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Unless someone who really wants Burrow pays a ransom to the Giants to leap-frog us.  With our luck it'd be the Steelers, and then we'd get to play "our" quarterback twice a year.  

It won't be the Steelers as they don't have the draft capital. No first round pick this year, no third round pick. They'd basically have to offer up all their 2021 and 2022 drafts.

(12-11-2019, 03:10 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: It doesn't just come down to the Giants vs Dolphins game.

We have 1 win and the Giants have 2 wins. We have one winnable game against the Dolphins and the Giants have two winnable games against the Dolphins and Redskins.

More than likely we win one more game, giving us 2 wins, and the Giants win one more game giving them 3 wins.

The only scenario where they beat us out is if we win our game against the Dolphins and they lose both of their winnable games against the Dolphins and Redskins, then we both end up with 2 wins and they beat us on weaker strength of schedule.

If each of those winnable games is even then the probability is minimal. It would be 1 in 8 or about 12.5 % chance of happening assuming each winnable game as 50% chance of happening.

WWW LLL WLL LWL LLW WWL WLW LWW.

Only 1 of those is WLL out of 8 possibilities.

We have two winnable games as the Browns suck.
Reply/Quote
I believe Giants would be willing to listen to us first because the really want Chase Young because if Giants pick first we will pick 2nd. They would probably want a 2nd from us and they give us their 3rd.otherwise a team like Dolphins will offer them quite a bit and they will likely take it.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:40 PM)BengalRed Wrote: As a day one Bengal fan I found myself pulling for a victory while hoping they would lose to keep the #1 pick in the draft and hopefully get Burrow. Bottom line I'm okay with the lose because it keeps us in the lead for #1. But it's painful to see them play so poorly. One would think after all these years (decades) one would get used to the bad losses but one never does.

Five annual drafts will not fix this team and ZT calls a horrible game in crunch time.Dude needs to stop and he is not tough enough on players when they screw up.Bill Cowher would never allow a player to stay in the game if the qb was sacked at a critical time.Why can't we get a top coach to get us to the promised land.Got to have a top qb and they are only around every 10 years.I say develop finley and the other guy,keep Dalton for 2020 ,see what we have in finley for next year,then go after the Clemson dude or someone else.Its probably never going to be a winning team,got to have a better draft with massive lineman like the ravens have.I believe they are going to win it all.
Reply/Quote
If the Giants have the first pick, I'm not so sure they would trade back. As the guys on the Locked On Bengals Podcast pointed out, Dave Gettleman doesn't have a history of trading back. However, there is the distinct possibility he is fired along with Pat Schurmur after this season. I do think it would be hard for them to pass on Chase Young.
Reply/Quote
might be better for us to lose the first pick and the QB and just get chase young. or trade back for more picks
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:01 PM)Synric Wrote: You lost me at Jalen Hurts.

This has been said before and will need to be repeated over the course of the draft process....Jalen Hurts is not Lamar Jackson.

Yep, he's not Lamar.

(12-08-2019, 09:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...no way is he Lamar Jackson. He's more Troy Smith than Lamar Jackson.

Hurts has a ton of intangibles, but I don't know that he has the arm.

IF you trade back and want a QB...I'd go Jordan Love, but coming from Utah State he's going to need A LOT of coaching. And I don't see him getting that here.

He's definitely Not TROY SMITH!

QB A: 78.1 completion %, 3,634 yards, 32 tds, 7 picks, 12.8 adjusted yards per attempt, 1,255 yards rushing and 18 tds
QB B: 59.1 completion %, 3,660 yards, 27 tds, 10 picks, 8.7 adjusted yards per attempt, 1,601 yards rushing, and 18 tds
QB C: 72.8 completion %, 3.175 yards, 33 tds, 4 picks, 11.8 adjusted yards per attempt, 338 yards rushing, and 6 tds

Rank them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote