Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who else was holding their breath
(01-16-2023, 09:36 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I was confused when Hubbard cut left to make it easier for Andrews to get to him.

So was Hubbard...
Reply/Quote
For all saying the refs want to screw us, they didn’t throw one there. Ravens fans still turned up about it. I was fearful, too. On replay, it looked more like he hit the shoulder and went around as he passed, which would not be a penalty. See what officials say after the fact.

F it. Bengals highlight from here to eternity.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
It wasnt a penalty because the block started when they were shoulder to shoulder.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even though it probably shoulda been a block in the back I was happy Bailey was able to leave the face plant on Andrews.. I imagine lots of Ravens fans are still losing their minds over that one.. LOL I'll have to see how my Ravens fan friend feels about it..He's a good kid though..
Hubbard is probably liked enough by refs they let it go..it's not often you get to see a guy as big as Hubbard rumble 98 yards looking like he's wearing cement shoes.. Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Andrews has freakish speed for his size!
Reply/Quote
Second time Sam came up big to score.. First one was his rookie season against the Fins.. That one still sticks with me, but this one.. This will always stick..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I thought Huntley may have scored rather than the potential block in the back. Huntley seemed convinced which had me worried. Fortunately, it wasn't even close lol, no clue why he thought he was in.

If we hadn't won those playoff games last year, this play would be talked about for so long. It still will be, but imagine if that was the play that broke the playoff drought. Wilson and Pratt deserve free beers for life for this one.
Reply/Quote
Me personally, right up until the final play Ravens are going to score and go for 2
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:36 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I was confused when Hubbard cut left to make it easier for Andrews to get to him.

I'm thinking when he checked out the big screen, and since he was in the middle of the action, his brain incorrectly processed the cut to get away from Andrews. He thought he was moving the right direction but seeing himself on the screen confused him slightly.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:03 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Me personally, right up until the final play Ravens are going to score and go for 2

That's exactly what I saw as a possibility. I thought they are gonna lose by 1 point. They had 3 chances to ice the game after Hubbard score and couldn't get a 1st down or even a FG. 3 possessions and 3 and outs. The offense just stalled out, nothing.
Reply/Quote

So was i, but he was watching the screen and probably cut the wrong way at first, then figured it out. lol
have to give him a break there, he's not used to doing that!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:46 AM)pally Wrote: He's a DE....HE was confused about how to run that far with the ball.  He said he was watching  Andrews on the jumbotron get closer and closer

This sounds like something you'd see in a 3 stooges or Jerry Lewis movie.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After Logan Wilson masterfully executed a punch out, and as we watched Sam Hubbard streaking a historic 98 yards for the score, thinking one thing.

Please don't be a block in the back?

Yes. I'm like surely those 3 Bengals won't let Andrew's get to Hubbard.
Reply/Quote
I was terrified that Huntley got the ball across the plane before they showed a replay to confirm otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:40 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I was terrified that Huntley got the ball across the plane before they showed a replay to confirm otherwise.

All he had to do was let them push him in too.
Reply/Quote
We couldn’t tell what had happened in the stands. We thought Huntley might have scored, but didn’t see a signal. Before I knew it, Hubbard was booking the ball the other way. Fans in front of us said it was a fumble.

But, we were talking about Burrow and Co. getting the ball back to March down and tie the game (after the Ravens “non-TD’).

We saw Andrews closing in on Hubbard. But, from our vantage point, it was a side block and incidental hand on the back of Andrews. Not even a block. Just a touch. The rest looked like partially Andrews just couldn’t keep his balance and part Academy Award performance by taking a dive.

Either way, momentum had shifted dramatically at that point. If any penalty was called, the Bengals were going to score on any subsequent plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:09 AM)Whacked Wrote: I was more so praying the play would stand. lol

But yes. That too.

That play will definitely go down as one of the coolest playoff memories ever.

Yeah, i wasn't really worried about Sam being caught or a block in the back. The whole time, i was saying get back to the replay so i can see if the ball crossed or not. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:17 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Don't really need to block just get in the guy's way and guild him away from your guy. But yeah, two guys were in position to slow him up.

There will be no gilding on the football field please!! 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:38 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I really thought the ball cleared the plane. Kinda watched it happen thinking it wasn’t going to count, and I hated to see the fans losing their minds over it because it was going to he heartbreaking to see the air rapidly sucked out of the balloon.

Then they showed the replay and the ball clearly didn’t get where it needed to be, so I grabbed my cat Beefcake and ran around my living room. Poor guy hasn’t come near me since.

You get rep simply for having a cat named Beefcake. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was so afraid Andrews would punch it out.

I was so afraid it was a block in the back.

I was so afraid Huntley scored.

That game was an exercise in managing emotions.  I was getting really pissed when a guy like Peters (a first-class assbag) punches Tee in the facemask, hard enough to move his helmet up his chin and there is no call on a clear PI in the end zone.  A fumbled snap leads to a bogus first down.  Jonah Williams goes down and CARMAN goes in at LT?  

The bottom line is they won.  It wasn't pretty, and we were all waiting for that one big play to materialize, but ZT knew that Joe simply didn't have the time against that defensive line with the way his offensive line was playing.  Really glad that return was by local guy Hubbard.  Cool as hell. 
Yes to everything above.
Reply/Quote