Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Who had better offense as a Rookie Palmer, Dalton, Burrow
(01-20-2020, 07:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: why does it make any sense to break down the roster they didnt play with?

Not like all positions are going to be different and gives us a perspective of what's changes happened in offseason .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When they were a starter, Palmer easy. He had a great Oline in 05, CJ, Housh, Rudi, no question
Reply/Quote
Palmer by a mile.

- Excellent o-line
- Chad, Housh and Rudi at the beginning of their careers
- Perfect mentor in Jon Kitna

Burrow will get a bad to average o-line, a declining AJ Green, Boyd and Mixon. Weapons are solid, but the line has much to prove.

Dalton had a young AJ Green, and a decent o-line, but Benson (RIP) was very mediocre at that point and there wasn't much else to speak of. Jerome Simpson was the WR2. Gresh was solid but unspectacular.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2020, 09:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did you read his post? He clearly stated he was looking at the offense the prior year they were drafted so looks 100% accurate to me. Of course he could not compare the year after yet as 2020 roster is incomplete and my guess why he used this criteria.

The title and the post are talking about 2 different things.  The question posed in the thread title won't be able to accurately be answered, until around this time next year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 08:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The title and the post are talking about 2 different things.  The question posed in the thread title won't be able to accurately be answered, until around this time next year.

OK, but the OP he made clears up exactly what he is looking at.

I suggest you read it versus just reading the book title then attacking the OP.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 11:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK, but the OP he made clears up exactly what he is looking at.

it was misleading cause 2003 was palmers rookie season... where he sat the bench
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 11:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: OK, but the OP he made clears up exactly what he is looking at.

Okay but what hes looking at makes zero sense.
Reply/Quote
Palmer had the best offense hands down.

Chad, TJ, Reggie Kelly, Rudi, Levi, Braham, Bobbie, Willie
Reply/Quote
lol.. What a pointless thread.... next time discuss the guys they actually played with.
Reply/Quote

Myself, as well as at least a couple of others have pointed out that it doesn't really make sense.

Oh, and making a simple suggestion is hardly "attacking" the OP.  Perhaps I'm not the only one who might benefit from a crash course in reading comprehension?  Hmm

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 02:45 PM)Synric Wrote: 2011 WR group didnt include either Owen's or Ocho. It was AJ Green Jerome Simpson Andre Caldwell and Andrew Hawkins. Andre Smith finally got healthy in 2011 and Started 14 games. 

Also I don't understand this post 2010 was not Dalton's rookie year and 2019 isn't Burrows. He hasn't even been drafted and its 2020. We have no idea what the roster will look like in 2020...

Yes, don't understand the question posed. But if the question is who had the best roster going into their first year starting that is 
Palmer easily as of right now. We will know much better after FA, the Draft, TC and Preseason. Palmer didn't start his rookie year
either, so I am a little befuddled by Essex's question.

Confused
Reply/Quote
Palmer sat his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
Palmer obviously had the best team.
He had a great OL along with Rudi, Chad, Housh, and Warrick.

When Dalton joined, he had a brand new rookie WR (AJ), Jerome Simpson, Gresham, and Benson. His OL had a couple good pieces but not as good as Palmer had.

We will have to see what the Bengals do in the offseason before drafting Burrow, but if they sit on their hands, this will be the worst OL and group of receivers that an incoming Bengals QB will have had in over two decades. Even if Green and Eifert do return, you're looking at two guys who you cannot rely on to be a great contributor in the passing game given their injury history. Eifert didn't miss a game in 2019 but he only had 436 yards and 3 TDs in a full season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 01:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: Okay but what hes looking at makes zero sense.

Guess you just skipped over the intro. I think it is interesting to see where a team ended and where a team started the next year.. it actually give use good context on changes and draft.. though we still don;t know how they will perform we an at least see changes... if you think it makes zero sense.. why respond.. since actually your response will make zero sense also..   Hilarious   just a tease.. sorry i confused you
Reply/Quote