Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has Stepped Up?
A month ago, before Pittsburgh, I started a thread asking who was going to step up in Joe's absence and put the team on their shoulders. After that game the collective answer was nobody. I think in the ensuing 3 weeks we have some better answers.
The easiest and obvious answer is Jake Browning.

Who else deserves some kudos for their play or leadership?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
1. Coaching Staff
1A. Tanner Hudson & Drew Sample
2. B J Hill
3. Mike Hilton
4. OL
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
There are a lot of options here.
The whole O line has really played better but I will go with Mixon. His stats still won’t wow you but he gets the tough yards when they need them most.
That TD on 4th down yesterday was just him beating a guy that had a clear shot at him. Very impressive run. He seems even more motivated now that the other Chase is showing what he can do.

He is also one of the leaders of the team.
Reply/Quote
I've said this before, but this team under this staff seems to play better down the stretch. and thats what you're seeing this year again

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Browning, Hudson, and Chase Brown all have stepped it up recently, Tee has really bounced back very nicely as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 1. Coaching Staff
1A. Tanner Hudson & Drew Sample
2. B J Hill
3. Mike Hilton
4. OL

The anti-Pollack crowd has been very quiet the last few weeks. Steelers are going to be a tough test, but it’s great to see Frank has his unit playing so well.

My shout out for a specific player who has stepped up - Cordell Volson.

Reply/Quote
Trey Hendrickson, but

Trey has got to slow his post whistle roll. He's come very close to taunting a couple times now and we don't need that. Plus shoving QB's 2 and 1/2 steps after they've released the ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The anti-Pollack crowd has been very quiet the last few weeks. Steelers are going to be a tough test, but it’s great to see Frank has his unit playing so well.

Yes hopefully we do not do any empty backfield sets that would get Joe hammered more often than not.  No TE blocking Watt unless you are running to the opposite side.  Also, for the love of God, don't let Watt go unblocked.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:32 PM)M.W. Wrote: Yes hopefully we do not do any empty backfield sets that would get Joe hammered more often than not.  No TE blocking Watt unless you are running to the opposite side. Also, for the love of God, don't let Watt go unblocked.

Right on !

If they can keep Watt someWatt under control, I like our chances.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:32 PM)M.W. Wrote: Yes hopefully we do not do any empty backfield sets that would get Joe hammered more often than not.  No TE blocking Watt unless you are running to the opposite side.  Also, for the love of God, don't let Watt go unblocked.

I know the Steelers are dirty, but if they go after Joe while he’s on the sideline they should put them all in jail. LOL

Reply/Quote
I’ll give Mixon the nod too.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Jordan Battle
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The anti-Pollack crowd has been very quiet the last few weeks. Steelers are going to be a tough test, but it’s great to see Frank has his unit playing so well.

interesting, i was just going to mention how if Burrow had played yesterday and assume we would have won with him, many would have talked about the 5 sacks and 7 pressures yesterday that Browning had yesterday, this unit is the only unit in the NFL have be able to have the same starting unit all year so still underperforming in the bigger picture but i have seen improvement in screen blocking and run blocking
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Trey Hendrickson, but

Trey has got to slow his post whistle roll. He's come very close to taunting a couple times now and we don't need that. Plus shoving QB's 2 and 1/2 steps after they've released the ball.

I was talking about this in the game day thread but he plays a high risk high reward position.  That's how players at his position rack up those stats.  They are often a second or less away from success or getting a penalty.  Admittedly I have not paid enough attention to notice the possible taunting issue.

Hendrickson just seems to be 100% high motor all the time.  TJ Watt plays the same high energy way and is also on the edge a lot of the time as far as I have seen.  Hendrickson is tied in 3rd place for sacks with 15, and 1 sack behind Watt the sack leader.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I'm probably in the minority that we should allow taunting in sports, **** that's the best part of being a fan and playing amateur sports! lol. If you don't want someone to taunt you, stop them.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm probably in the minority that we should allow taunting in sports, **** that's the best part of being a fan and playing amateur sports! lol. If you don't want someone to taunt you, stop them.

I tend to agree.  Taunting is often over used and sometimes at the wrong time.  It's such a subjective penalty.  These are apparently grown men out there so they should be able to take it.  On the other hand I guess the idea is that it can lead to fights and sets a bad example.  But still they allow and entire team to run in the end zone and do a Broadway style production after a score or an interception.   Seems like that is taunting the other team to me.  Oh well. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 03:00 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I tend to agree.  Taunting is often over used and sometimes at the wrong time.  It's such a subjective penalty.  These are apparently grown men out there so they should be able to take it.  On the other hand I guess the idea is that it can lead to fights and sets a bad example.  But still they allow and entire team to run in the end zone and do a Broadway style production after a score or an interception.   Seems like that is taunting the other team to me.  Oh well. 

In other sports they still taunt, they just don't look at the player, like they are looking only 1ft away from them. Just let them taunt lol. Yeah that broadway celebration stuff, how is it not taunting lol. But I can imagine it be even more hilarious is they formed a circle around the player that fumbled or whatever and started dancing. You want us to be entertained!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The anti-Pollack crowd has been very quiet the last few weeks. Steelers are going to be a tough test, but it’s great to see Frank has his unit playing so well.

I'm a part of that crowd and I gotta give credit where it's due. The offensive line and running game have been much better of late. They have been especially successful in the screen game, which involves a lot of moving parts and needing guys in their spots out in space. I'm impressed and hope it continues to improve!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:44 PM)pally Wrote: A month ago, before Pittsburgh, I started a thread asking who was going to step up in Joe's absence and put the team on their shoulders.  After that game the collective answer was nobody.  I think in the ensuing 3 weeks we have some better answers.
The easiest and obvious answer is Jake Browning.  

Who else deserves some kudos for their play or leadership?

A month ago, if you would have said that the Bengals were going to let all of their TEs walk at the end of the season, I would have been fine with that.

Their ''emergence" is mainly due to Browning looking for them more than the WRs and, in fact, he birddogs the TEs too much . . . Browning's INT? There were three defenders near Irv Smith and Tee was wide open and uncovered over the middle.

While I don't think that Joe is going to target them as much as Browning has, I definitely think that he's noticing it and filing it away.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote