Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has Stepped Up?
(12-17-2023, 02:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know the Steelers are dirty, but if they go after Joe while he’s on the sideline they should put them all in jail. LOL

I mean....you saw what Munchak did to Reggie Nelson. I wouldn't put ANYTHING past those scumbags. Might be a good week to let Joe sit with Cally and watch from the press box.  Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I think this group, along with the staff.....and I'm including the oft maligned Frank Pollack you noted earlier....is the correct answer.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I feel like the coaching is the big reason for the winning streak.

Great play calling by Zac to put them in position to win the last few weeks.
We've seen a more balanced offense with a much more effective running game.
Really nice to see both Chase Brown and Hudson to get more involved. They look good.

I think Browning is getting too much credit. He's been good, but he's thrown some ugly picks as well. The one last week was into several defenders while a wide open receiver was in the middle of the field. Right now I would put him at a middle of the pack starter at best.

I think we can obviously win with Browning playing QB, but it takes a balanced offense with an effective run game.
If we get into passing every down against good defenses we'll lose.
But maybe Browning can prove me wrong.

I've definitely been pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of the offense.
The balanced approach and run game is very crucial to our success.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 06:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The real MVPs since Joe Burrow went down (pressure rate allowed w/rank among position since week 12):
Orlando Brown Jr: 6.8% (25th/52)
Cordell Volson: 1.4% (1st/54)
Ted Karras: 2.0% (4th/31)
Alex Cappa: 5.5%
Jonah Williams: 4.0% 

This is because of the balanced approach and effective run game. 
Way easier to win upfront when you have a balanced approach and effective run game.

The run game and pass game go hand in hand.
When you pass every play the defense knows what to expect.
This is a huge disadvantage for the offense.
Reply/Quote
The coaches, OL, Browning, the RB's, the TE's, Trey, BJ, Murphy, Pratt, have all stepped up and been pretty dang great.

Hendrickson was not Offsides on that play looking back and that was a pick 6 for Pratt. Lots of bad things went our way and still we
had too much fight to be defeated against the best D in the league at the time. Keep fighting boys, we got this. One game at a time.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 07:31 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Eric Davis got hurt early in the World Series.

He was injured April 24th at Philadelphia and didn't return until May 21st in Chicago. They went 15-6 during their best players absence.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 06:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I think it’s helped Zac in the play calling but I know not everybody on here didn’t realize it but I feel 75% of the board didn’t. The success of the offense is so tied to the OL. Zac’s success, Mixon’s success, and Burrow’s success.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
With the new report that Chase will probably miss time, it's time for Irwin, Iosivas to step it up.

I feel Higgins will take over again.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:44 PM)pally Wrote: A month ago, before Pittsburgh, I started a thread asking who was going to step up in Joe's absence and put the team on their shoulders.  After that game the collective answer was nobody.  I think in the ensuing 3 weeks we have some better answers.
The easiest and obvious answer is Jake Browning.  

Who else deserves some kudos for their play or leadership?

The list is long. 

Browning, as you say, should be first and foremost. 

After that? Mixon, Hudson, Hendrickson, Pratt, Hilton, BJ Hill, Awuzie, the entire OL, Drew Sample, Battle, Chase Brown, and CTB + Reader + Chase before they got hurt. 

Higgins & Boyd have been huge in spots. Hell, T. Williams made a monster play in pass protection on the pass to Boyd. Murphy is looking better and better. Money Mac. 

It was always going to have to be a team effort and it has been.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 11:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: With the new report that Chase will probably miss time, it's time for Irwin, Iosivas to step it up.

Isn't it nice to have a stable of WR's like ours to step up. Add Charlie Jones to that list as well, as he almost had, inches away from a td catch last week.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 09:57 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: He was injured April 24th at Philadelphia and didn't return until May 21st in Chicago. They went 15-6 during their best players absence.

Good call, I had forgotten that.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Pretty crazy tidbit about Tanner there Pally, seeing as he hasn't filled up the stat sheet with anything mindblowing like some of the top TE are known to do. He's been dependable, does what he's supposed to, provides soft hands and a nice target for the QB. Nice to see him getting some recognition for what he's been doing here!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 11:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: With the new report that Chase will probably miss time, it's time for Irwin, Iosivas to step it up.

Feel the same, also like Chuck Sizzle to help in Chase's absence. Hopefully it is only one game. I think we can still beat the stealers 
without Chase, amazing to say honestly. Not many Offense's can lose their best player and still be pretty loaded.

(12-19-2023, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Isn't it nice to have a stable of WR's like ours to step up. Add Charlie Jones to that list as well, as he almost had, inches away from a td catch last week.

Yep, couldn't say this last year. The coaches did a good job in the Draft adding some quality depth to the WR room. Iosivas specifically
has impressed me both on ST's and in getting open and making a nice catch here and there. Would be nice to see Chuck Sizzle get a TD.

Iosivas already has a couple.

(12-19-2023, 01:22 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Pretty crazy tidbit about Tanner there Pally, seeing as he hasn't filled up the stat sheet with anything mindblowing like some of the top TE are known to do. He's been dependable, does what he's supposed to, provides soft hands and a nice target for the QB. Nice to see him getting some recognition for what he's been doing here!

True that. Really like what Hudson brings to the passing game for us. Also like the way we use Drew Sample in the backfield to help in pass 
protection. I think this is an underrated part that has been working and has not been mentioned often on here.
Reply/Quote