Dalton
81.25%
26 81.25%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has better luck this year?
Are we for real debating who's the better QB between Andrew Luck and Andy Dalton?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Are we for real debating who's the better QB between Andrew Luck and Andy Dalton?

Where have you been for the past few years?
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 01:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Where have you been for the past few years?

Questioning the who's Better Andy Dalton v:

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Tony Romo
Cam Newton

threads.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Homie has no choice but to be a homer, sticking with Red.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 07:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Do any of you really think Luck would've won playoff games for Marvin though? 

We've now seen 4 QBs and they've all sucked. Dalton and Palmer had some excellent regular seasons for us, yet they can't even muster anything above awful in the playoffs? It seems they haven't had any balls on offense since Palmer went deep on the first pass of his first playoff game. Maybe it's just me, but they've seemed hyper conservative since.

They were a little aggressive in this last game after going down 15-0 in the 4th and we saw good results. Maybe they should run the offense like that from jump? Either way, I just find it hard to believe all our QBs have been chokers. 

Not really the point to be honest.

If the question is who's the better quarterback right now? It's not a question.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 03:30 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Given your thinking, shouldn't the Bengals have been able to luck into a single win at some point?  Like maybe when the played T.J. Yates perhaps??

Yates had the #2 defense and the #2 rushing offense in the league.  We held Yates to 159 passing yards.

Here is my take on Luck.  He is a very good QB.  But he has not lived up to the hype.  Even when he threw for 40 tds in '14 he only had a passer rating of 96.5.  If he ever gets a good team around him he may be an alite QB, but he just is not as great as many people have claimed.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yates had the #2 defense and the #2 rushing offense in the league.  We held Yates to 159 passing yards.

Here is my take on Luck.  He is a very good QB.  But he has not lived up to the hype.  Even when he threw for 40 tds in '14 he only had a passer rating of 96.5.  If he ever gets a good team around him he may be an alite QB, but he just is not as great as many people have claimed.

Luck had always had 2 really good WRs and a good #3 WR. Plus he's always had a really good TE too. His OL is mediocre, but he makes them look worse than what they actually are. He's never had a good run game, but the Colts never liked to run the ball. He's never been very accurate and if you like passer rating half of Lucks career has been worse than the worst year Dalton had. Luck has only had one good year the rest have been meh. 
Reply/Quote
I voted for AD. But if Luck had the same offense around him like AD, I would vote Luck tbh.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 06:05 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I voted for AD. But if Luck had the same offense around him like AD, I would vote Luck tbh.

Luck has had a better offense around him his whole career.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 05:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote:  Luck's never been very accurate

I will admit that other than games against the bengals I have only watched  2 or 3 Colts games.  But I have noticed that Luck makes a lot of flat out bad passes.
Reply/Quote
Yes, the days where Andy Dalton was suppose to flop so the Bengals could pick Luck in the draft. Too bad the Browns didn't get Luck. He could have been added to the list of QB's in Cleveland. I think Luck is a good QB, but Dalton is better due to the fact he has better stats period.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I feel like Dalton has a better overall offense around him than does Luck. If they were both placed on exactly the same offense over the course of the season, I personally feel like Luck would fare better. Not a knock on Dalton, I LOVE him as our guy, but apples to apples, I do think Luck is the better QB. However, it is also a team game and the guys around Dalton are much better than those around Luck, so give the resounding nod to Dalton on this one!
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 06:06 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Luck has had a better offense around him his whole career.

How do you figure that Luck has had the better offense?  Listen to any analysis and they always talk about how poor the line is.  Yes, he had Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson, but it was at the extreme tail end of their careers.  Are you saying that Hilton is better than Green?  They have basically no rushing game.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 04:54 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: How do you figure that Luck has had the better offense?  Listen to any analysis and they always talk about how poor the line is.  Yes, he had Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson, but it was at the extreme tail end of their careers.  Are you saying that Hilton is better than Green?  They have basically no rushing game.

Hey, the Colts traded a 1st rounder to give him Trent Richardson!  You WISH the Bengals set Andy up for success like that! Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 04:54 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: How do you figure that Luck has had the better offense?  Listen to any analysis and they always talk about how poor the line is.  Yes, he had Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson, but it was at the extreme tail end of their careers.  Are you saying that Hilton is better than Green?  They have basically no rushing game.

Just because they didn't have as good of a #1 receiver doesn't mean that they don't have a better receiving core. Luck has always had a better 2/3 receiver, and all but one year a better TE. We only had a good run game one year, and that's when we had all of our receivers hurt. Sanu hasn't been very good and Jones has been hurt half the time he's been on the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 07:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Just because they didn't have as good of a #1 receiver doesn't mean that they don't have a better receiving core. Luck has always had a better 2/3 receiver, and all but one year a better TE. We only had a good run game one year, and that's when we had all of our receivers hurt. Sanu hasn't been very good and Jones has been hurt half the time he's been on the team.

It's all true.  Dalton may as well have been drafted by the Browns for all the good his surrounding cast has done him!  THE BROWNS!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 07:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's all true.  Dalton may as well have been drafted by the Browns for all the good his surrounding cast has done him!  THE BROWNS!!!!!

The Bengals had next to nothing when Dalton was drafted. Our top 2 receivers left the off-season we drafted Dalton. Lets not act like he even had a decent supporting cast around him the first few years he was here.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 07:23 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Bengals had next to nothing when Dalton was drafted. Our top 2 receivers left the off-season we drafted Dalton. Lets not act like he even had a decent supporting cast around him the first few years he was here.

Our top 2 WRs left the NFL the off-season we drafted Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Player A career stats:
62.3% completion rate
88.4 passer rating
Coming off season with 106.2 rating and MVP consideration
28.7 TDs per 16 games
17.9 turnovers per 16 games (including fumbles lost)

Player B:
58.1% completion rate
85.0 passer rating
Coming off season with 74.9 rating
32.9 TDs per 16 games
20.1 turnovers per 16 games

Yes, how silly it is to compare the two.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 08:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Our top 2 WRs left the NFL the off-season we drafted Dalton.

Chad Johnson went to the Patriots, and Owens went to the Seahawks for a little bit in 2012. That still doesn't take away from my point that our top 2 receivers left though.
Reply/Quote