Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has money on the Super Bowl?
Anyone out there betting on the Super Bowl and if so, how much?

I have a $100 bet for the Bengals to win it all that I placed at the beginning of the season when they were 200 to 1 odds.
I'll be either really happy or really sad.   Smirk

I'll put another $100 on the game itself this weekend I suppose.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I used to run a super bowl pool at work. I got people involved from all parts of the company, including the upper management guys. Working remotely ended that, and I do miss it, especially this year with us being involved. I've never actually made a legal wager before, just not much of a gambler.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I am based in England so my figures are in £ but I had £30 on us to win afc north pre season at 25/1. Reinvested £100 of winnings on us to win Super Bowl at 22/1 prior to playoffs. Not life changing money but a nice win if it comes off.
Reply/Quote
I laid 25 on bengals to win BEFoRE the first chiefs game @28/1. It pays out $725.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:18 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Anyone out there betting on the Super Bowl and if so, how much?

I have a $100 bet for the Bengals to win it all that I placed at the beginning of the season when they were 200 to 1 odds.

Hmm, how much would you sell that ticket for? If someone offered you $7,500 would you sell it? Lol kinda like deal or no deal.
Reply/Quote
If an office pool counts I have $20 bucks down. Got good numbers too. Rams 4 Bengals 0.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:58 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If an office pool counts I have $20 bucks down. Got good numbers too. Rams 4 Bengals 0.

Great numbers…
Bengals 60
Rams 14
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:54 PM)gman657 Wrote: I am based in England so my figures are in £ but I had £30 on us to win afc north pre season at 25/1. Reinvested £100 of winnings on us to win Super Bowl at 22/1 prior to playoffs. Not life changing money but a nice win if it comes off.

Whereabouts in England ??? I'm in Whitchurch in Shropshire, just the right side of the border from the top of Wales. Good luck with the bets, we've come this far against the odds we're not stopping now !!!!
Reply/Quote
I don't gamble. Especially not on football or the Bengals, because it changes how I watch.

That said, does a $100 bet at 200 to 1 mean you'll get 20k if they win? If so...congrats. Wow.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Hmm, how much would you sell that ticket for? If someone offered you $7,500 would you sell it? Lol kinda like deal or no deal.

I'd probably take that money. I'd be able to wipe away my tears with $100 bills if we lost, and if we won, I'd still have $7,500 and a Lombardi to comfort me.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Nah I want to watch it peacefully.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
As a rule, don’t gamble on your own team. Too much emotion. That being said, I believe that I remember someone on here putting money on the Bengals to win it all before the season even started, and that person can tell me to **** right off.

Edit: just realized OP was the person who made that bet. 200 to 1. Turning a hundred bucks into 20k…what a move.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I made some money throughout the year just tooling around week to week.

So, like the perfectly rational creature I am, I threw all of it on the Bengals straight up.

Free money.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:55 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I laid 25 on bengals to win BEFoRE the first chiefs game @28/1. It pays out $725.

Nice lol Wink
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd probably take that money. I'd be able to wipe away my tears with $100 bills if we lost, and if we won, I'd still have $7,500 and a Lombardi to comfort me.

Yea, I probably would do. But $7500 is probably my tipping point. Any less and I’ll just risk it. Anything closer to 50% payout is a no brainer.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 02:18 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Anyone out there betting on the Super Bowl and if so, how much?

I have a standing $5 bet each season for the same as well as for the Bengals to win the AFC was @61this year. Have the same bet for my 2 Australian sports teams. 

Reinvested $40 of that back into a multi for a Bengals win, Chase and Mixon for a TD and Joe to throw for 3 TDs. It’s paying $10. 
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't gamble. Especially not on football or the Bengals, because it changes how I watch.

That said, does a $100 bet at 200 to 1 mean you'll get 20k if they win? If so...congrats. Wow.

Ya, it's $20,000 if they win.  My wife placed a $50 bet on them to win the North @ 25 to 1.  We made $1,250 already on that one.
She was also about half in the bag that night and tried to talk me into putting $500 on them to win the Super Bowl @ 200 to 1.

I told her we might as well take that $500 and just throw it out the window going down the interstate because I've been watching them for 40 years and know exactly how things are going to turn out.... LMAO
If they win, doubt she'll ever let me live it down.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
I sent a text to my Russian friend that used to deal at Hard Rock in downtown Cinci and she's going to take me to Hollywood in Indiana to make some bets and then play some poker (Cincinnati doesn't have sports betting yet and Hollywood's only a 30 minute drive).

I'm going to put a hundred on us to win and then I'm going to bet a few parlays, like Kupp to make a reception over 27.5 yards (seems like an easy one), Burrow for over 275.5 yards passing (seems like another easy one), and then not sure on the others but probably the Bengals to score over 22.5 and Chase to score a TD (maybe Mixon, too).

Any ideas or thoughts on any of those?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 03:56 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Hmm, how much would you sell that ticket for?  If someone offered you $7,500 would you sell it? Lol kinda like deal or no deal.

Oh, that's a tough one.  Ya, I would probably do that and cry about it later when the Bengals beat the Rams down.   Nervous
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 05:56 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Ya, it's $20,000 if they win.  My wife placed a $50 bet on them to win the North @ 25 to 1.  We made $1,250 already on that one.
She was also about half in the bag that night and tried to talk me into putting $500 on them to win the Super Bowl @ 200 to 1.

I told her we might as well take that $500 and just throw it out the window going down the interstate because I've been watching them for 40 years and know exactly how things are going to turn out.... LMAO
If they win, doubt she'll ever let me live it down.

Well, you were being logical there. Not that it'll make your wife cool with losing 80k. LOL

Still, gotta focus on the positive. If the Bengals win a championship and you win 20k on a $100 bet, that's gotta be one of the best days of your life. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote