Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who honestly thought....
........our board would last this long, and be so strong? And please don't take this the wrong way, but I was a little doubtful in the beginning, however, 'Holic and team made a home that I never thought would be possible. But answer the question, honestly, did you think it would grow so strong?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not really. After the horrible conclusion of " that other place", it was hard to feel safe and secure again ( just disoriented,confused, unbelief ).
Bengalholic and others built a mansion out of the rubble, and this is truly " Home"now.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 10:20 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: ........our board would last this long, and be so strong?  And please don't take this the wrong way, but I was a little doubtful in the beginning, however, 'Holic and team made a home that I never thought would be possible.  But answer the question, honestly, did you think it would grow so strong?

how does one measure the strength of a message board?  what message boards are you comparing it to?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 11:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: how does one measure the strength of a message board?  what message boards are you comparing it to?

Our members have made a total of 355,015 posts in 10,104 threads.

We currently have 1,476 members registered.

All in less than 2 years.  I'd say that's pretty solid.  I'm not comparing it to any other board, I was simply implying this board and it's strength as a community.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 10:20 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: ........our board would last this long, and be so strong?  And please don't take this the wrong way, but I was a little doubtful in the beginning, however, 'Holic and team made a home that I never thought would be possible.  But answer the question, honestly, did you think it would grow so strong?

It is great but I am not surprised.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
The only other board I frequent is a Notre Dame board......but I never post anything, I'm not even a member actually.  I just go in there to see whats going on.  Usually a lot of bitchin' and moaning. 

are there other NFL teams that have boards like this out there that you guys go visit?  Are they about the same as this one?   I really don't know what else is out there. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
.....I kinda did, so long as we could get everyone back over here.  Holic gave us some very nice digs, and everyone came....well, most everyone.  When I saw the names, I had a feeling we'd be ok.  There was a pretty dog gone strong core of posters at the other place....and great posters.  Most of them are here. This is a pretty tight community. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 02:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The only other board I frequent is a Notre Dame board......but I never post anything, I'm not even a member actually.  I just go in there to see whats going on.  Usually a lot of bitchin' and moaning. 

are there other NFL teams that have boards like this out there that you guys go visit?  Are they about the same as this one?   I really don't know what else is out there. 

I belong to another NFL board that's disorganized as hell.  I joined and then really haven't posted much. It's a pain to find anything of interest when there's a total of only three forums and no sub-forums.  You find a political rant thread right next to the "why do we choke in the playoffs" thread.  Surprisingly, no, not a Bengals board.  I like the layout of this place.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I didn't think it would last this long. There were several spinoffs of the old one, and they all eventually flopped.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I figured the board would last once Holic stepped up, what surprised me most was how well the board is run. How well it is mod'd. How few real complaints I see.

Well done guys!
Reply/Quote
Actually forgot what the new forum website was when the old forums closed, so I ended up joining The Bengals Forum (which I mistook for The Bengals Board) and it was quite lame. Eventually found the proper site and glad I did so.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 02:57 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: are there other NFL teams that have boards like this out there that you guys go visit?  Are they about the same as this one?   I really don't know what else is out there. 

I visit our division foes' sites at times,when we beat em, and teams I hate when they lose. Cool
IMO this board is clearly the best, no comparison.
Reply/Quote
This is the only Bengals message board I post on. I'm glad its doing so well after the main board went down I was worried as well.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 02:30 PM)xxlt Wrote: It is great but I am not surprised.
IKR ?
I mean.... you're here, I'm here....
Where else would people go ?
Ninja
Reply/Quote