Poll: Are you surprised by the o line in week 1
Yes completely shocked
I thought they would at least scheme around it somehow
No, not at all.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is actually surprised by what they saw week 1?
Typical Marv squad! Look at recent big time RB's to come out Zeke Elliott, Gurley, Fournette they all start for their teams!! Mixon, easily a same type talent, and does he start with the Bengals? Hell No!! Doesn't even get double digit carries!

That tells you all you need to know, so NO I am not shocked at all!

This owner and coaches are 100% garbage! They knew the O-line was an issue and they did jack shit to fix it! They know there are better, younger players, but they stick with veterans who are not as good! Could go on and on and on..............
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:47 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Typical Marv squad! Look at recent big time RB's to come out Zeke Elliott, Gurley, Fournette they all start for their teams!! Mixon, easily a same type talent, and does he start with the Bengals? Hell No!! Doesn't even get double digit carries!

That tells you all you need to know, so NO I am not shocked at all!

This owner and coaches are 100% garbage! They knew the O-line was an issue and they did jack shit to fix it! They know there are better, younger players, but they stick with veterans who are not as good! Could go on and on and on..............

Mixon had 8 carries and averaged 1.1 ypc. He was easily our worst RB of the 3 statistically.

Playing him more wouldn't have helped.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mixon had 8 carries and averaged 1.1 ypc. He was easily our worst RB of the 3 statistically.

Playing him more wouldn't have helped.

Maybe, maybe not, it's just the way they do business!
Reply/Quote
This team has never failed to find new and creative ways to crush optimism.

But if the Cubbies can win the World Series....
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I do know, I've been around the block a time or two.  However, I'm also smart enough to know that a guy like Mixon could have been had in likely the 3rd or 4th round this year.  His past legal issues are a sore point with the general public in relation to the NFL, in the current state of affairs.  Personally, I didn't think that he was THAT great at Oklahoma.  He was part of running back by committee, and got the bulk of his numbers in games where he matched up better than his counterpart.  

Frankly, I wasn't comfortable with the team selecting him, by virtue of his past legal issues.  I thought that the team could have selected just as a dynamic back in a later round. (take a look at Kareem Hunt, for example)  But, since the team did indeed select him, I'm obligated by fanhood to forgive and forget about his past transgressions.  (especially since I'm a fan and the team also includes guys like Adam Jones, did include Rey Maualuga, and likely a few other womanizers)  However, slapping a ho that picks the fight with you, and stalking someone into an establishment and proceeding to punch her out, are two entirely different things in my mind..

Cough *Dalvin Cook* cough

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember that one drive where AJ was balling and Andy looked like he could play QB in the NFL?

Yeah Zampese was like eff all this ball movement and fan happiness. 2 runs with Gio right up the middle bam, f*** you Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
I'm a little surprised because even though I thought our team would suck this year, I didn't expect it to be THIS bad.

1) Our o-line problems are exactly what everyone feared and Marvin needs to be fired for this fact alone. I gave Marvin the benefit of the doubt in the off-season. I assumed if he was confident they could get things working without our top 2 linemen then I would trust his judgement. He's an NFL head-coach afterall and I'm just some dude who watches football on TV right? This is the thing everyone worried about the most and it turns out Marvin was absolutely dead wrong. We wasted picks on skill positions in the drafts, like WRs, RBs, and CBs, when our biggest need was on the o-line.

2) Paul Alexander needs to go. I never see much improvements in new players. Whit and Zeitler carried our line last year and we let them walk. Cedric is a bust.

3) Zampese sucks. Even the announcers were saying that it looked like the Ravens knew exactly what we were doing on offense. If I'm seeing it and the announcers are seeing it, then how the can the coaches not be seeing it?

The only positive I can say is our defense looked OK and will probably be pretty good this year. Unfortunately they're also going to get beaten up physically and emotionally because they're probably going to be on the field most of the year so I doubt the numbers will show how good they are.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: The O-line was not great but you cannot pin this loss on them. Andy Dalton had possibly the worst game I have ever seen and this coaching staff has lost whatever semblance of a real NFL staff they ever had.This is the worst effort I have seen since 02

[Image: 703420367-chicken-and-the-egg-16758-1280x800.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 07:52 AM)Housh Wrote: Remember that one drive where AJ was balling and Andy looked like he could play QB in the NFL?

Yeah Zampese was like eff all this ball movement and fan happiness. 2 runs with Gio right up the middle bam, f*** you Cincinnati

Yeah that was terrible Gio up the gut on 2nd and 9 awful play calling indeed, no idea what they were trying to accomplish on that play call. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:13 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I seriously find it hard to believe, after watching the worst line I ever seen last season get NO improvement in the off-season, people would actually be surprised when the offense comes out the next season looking like hot garbage. It defys all logic moving a guy that looks like he shouldn't even be in the league from right tackle to left tackle and poof he suddenly a starting caliber NFL blocker.

Didn't get to watch the last 3 quarters but it seems i am lucky that way.

All know is i am not surprised that PA cannot coach up lineman and both him and Marv need to be replaced.

Zamp too, gotta help out your young Tackles, doesn't seem like this happened at all.

Saw the first two picks by Dalton, one was tipped and the other was a nice play by Mosley, still check it down man.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to be the odd fan and say I'm happy about the loss and I want more. This is the only way we'll finally be free of Marv.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'm going to be the odd fan and say I'm happy about the loss and I want more. This is the only way we'll finally be free of Marv.

Thats the spirit.

Atleast with a coach that is not a Steelers fan we will beat them some of the time.
Reply/Quote
To make a side point, to all the fans and players who think preseason is pointless, this kind of pathetic mistake filled, bad timing offense is what you get when your starters aren't playing enough in preseason. It wasn't just the Bengals offense stinkin up the league yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Was kind of shocked watching it.

Not really though because already knew they lost 2 top OL and did not replace adequately enough. We all knew.

Yet somehow it was even worse than any nightmare OL scenario that could have imagined.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote