Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to break out that no one is talking about?
(08-05-2018, 03:20 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I boldly (stupidly) predict that by the end of season, Cedric Ogbuehi will be starting on the right side of the line. The combination of another year getting healthy plus Pollack/Lazor bringing in a new scheme is going to finally have him growing into his potential. I dont know if he will be there opening day, but I think when its all said and done he's going to be a better player under a new system and earn a starting role over on the right.

More like wishful thinking, but there you go....

Man I hope not. He’s a backup, at best. If he’s starting we’re in serious trouble.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 05:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man I hope not. He’s a backup, at best. If he’s starting we’re in serious trouble.

Nah, kinda gotta agree with Bengaloo on this one. He's been coached wrong since entering the NFL. If he was successful before getting here, he could be successful again with good coaching. I will give his the chance to learn. Bengaloo didn't say starter out the gate. He was talking about developing him into what he should be. Kid has talent or he wouldn't be here. Coaching is everything.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 05:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nah, kinda gotta agree with Bengaloo on this one. He's been coached wrong since entering the NFL. If he was successful before getting here, he could be successful again with good coaching. I will give his the chance to learn. Bengaloo didn't say starter out the gate. He was talking about developing him into what he should be. Kid has talent or he wouldn't be here. Coaching is everything.

Disagree. I’ve seen enough of him at this point. He’s basically doomed the team two seasons in a row. Coaches aren’t miracle workers. Just because he was good in college doesn’t mean it was ever going to transfer to the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 05:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man I hope not. He’s a backup, at best. If he’s starting we’re in serious trouble.

Well, that may be true, but I dont want him to earn a starting role by playing how he has played here in the past. I am hoping he steps up and greatly improves his play and lives up to his beastly potential. Physically he is a total beast. I wasnt hot on the pick when we took him, but his potential is super high. Recovering from serious injury and as Harley said bad coaching and an even worse scheme his first few years has hindered him bad. He's been a wasted pick so far, but thats why hes my dark horse to have a breakout year, that no one is talking about. Besides, Paul Alexander was his coach in the past and I just cant put any stock in that at this point. We dont know what any of these guys can do yet....
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 07:51 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Well, that may be true, but I dont want him to earn a starting role by playing how he has played here in the past. I am hoping he steps up and greatly improves his play and lives up to his beastly potential. Physically he is a total beast. I wasnt hot on the pick when we took him, but his potential is super high. Recovering from serious injury and as Harley said bad coaching and an even worse scheme his first few years has hindered him bad. He's been a wasted pick so far, but thats why hes my dark horse to have a breakout year, that no one is talking about. Besides, Paul Alexander was his coach in the past and I just cant put any stock in that at this point. We dont know what any of these guys can do yet....

Two seasons and two different positions is a pretty fair sample size. Yes, the injury set him back, and yes PA probably wasn’t the right coach to help him, but I’m just not convinced he’s salvageable. He wasn’t just struggling, he was HORRENDOUS, at both spots.

I like your positivity though.

Reply/Quote
To Impactplayer, that is my thinking. Will Jax and Brandon Wilson were at the same spot.

There must be some great coaching there and we all know that Darrin Simmons is no ST's punk.

People need to watch highlights of Brandon Wilson at Houston, dude was amazing on ST's.

Great Returner and great gunner. Expect him to be the next Peerman with Return ability.

He is good at taking the ball from people, he is making more plays right now than my boy Bates III.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Westerman will show that he is a real grinder.
Reply/Quote
I'm actually excited to see our LB core. I think Malik Jefferson is going to show people why he was once projected to go in the first round. Really do believe he will be starting before the end of the year.

Honestly think both our third rounders are going to contribute their first year.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 03:12 AM)SYLVIA Wrote: I'm hoping Westerman will show that he is a real grinder.

Amen to that!   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 12:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It may be wishful thinking, but I am going with 2nd year player Jordon Evans. I am hoping he uses that superior athletic ability and in year 2 the game slows down for him. I could see him being a huge playmaker.

I like this one a lot...both in terms of not hearing much about him right now, but also if he could somehow step up and fill the WILL backer and nickel backer next to Vigil roles, well....this would go a long way to improving life without Burfict.  

I can tell you right now the Colts will go maximum protection and drop it down to their TEs and RBs a lot if our front four can't get any pressure.  We will need LBs that can cover.  
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, first time i have even heard this guys name. Good one.

I am going with Brandon Wilson Safety/Returner.

Think he takes Erickson's Return job and makes tons of plays at Safety in the Preseason. Maybe even use this guy a
bit at RB this season. Wilson has already been making plays in TC at Safety. Erickson still makes the team of course
at Receiver, he is just no longer the primary Returner especially on Kick Returns. Wilson people, Wilson.

Good one.  Ditto on filling return role.  I know some speculated that he was going to be drafted as a RB.  He is just a versatile piece and I would love to see him impact our return game as well as coverage units.  Special teams are not often debated on here, but it is one-third of the game and he is a potential impact player.  As long as he doesn't get Fej released Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 03:20 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I boldly (stupidly) predict that by the end of season, Cedric Ogbuehi will be starting on the right side of the line. The combination of another year getting healthy plus Pollack/Lazor bringing in a new scheme is going to finally have him growing into his potential. I dont know if he will be there opening day, but I think when its all said and done he's going to be a better player under a new system and earn a starting role over on the right.

More like wishful thinking, but there you go....

Well, that fits the description of no one talking about him  Hilarious

Seriously, though, he shouldn't be any less likely to win the job over Fisher, who has not impressed thus far in camp.  I thought Hart was just here for injury insurance but it looks like the old "if you have three QBs, you don't have one", but applied to RTs.  

I pray Redmond gets a shot there and surprises them all and wins the job and never looks back. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 07:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like this one a lot...both in terms of not hearing much about him right now, but also if he could somehow step up and fill the WILL backer and nickel backer next to Vigil roles, well....this would go a long way to improving life without Burfict.  

I can tell you right now the Colts will go maximum protection and drop it down to their TEs and RBs a lot if our front four can't get any pressure.  We will need LBs that can cover.  

Yep. We're just lucky to get Luck on his first game back, and hopefully he will not be sharp. If we can get pressure on him, I hope Jackson and co. can pick him off several times. But, like you, I think they will most likely be dumping it off to the RB more than going downfield.
Reply/Quote
Ryan Hewitt.  Remember that article way back when talking about Lazor going back to the forgotten FB?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm not budging from my pick awhile back, Jon Ross! If I had to pick someone on the defensive side , Billings....
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 04:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Marvin Lewis.

Only if you count breaking out in hives before critical games
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 11:38 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not budging from my pick awhile back, Jon Ross! If I had to pick someone on the defensive side , Billings....

EVERYONE is talking about Ross busting out.

Who is your "darkhorse" pick?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 04:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: Campbell trophy is mostly about academics which is nice, but doesn't say a lot about his ability as a center capable of playing at the NFL level.  Personally I kind of like these types of players, but how well they do come Sundays hasn't exactly been what makes the Campbell trophy stand out.. 

Yes, many consider it the Academic Heisman Trophy. Not why I chose him though but it is an asset for a Center to be smart. 

But in fact it is a combination of academics, community service, and on field production the factor into who wins. 

But almost everybody has been hyped this year so it was a crap shoot purely based on Price having trouble snapping and may get moved tp Guard if troubles linger into season. Do not believe it will though. Either way Price will be a stud for us I believe. 

Like the kids size at 6'4" 309 lbs and his brain if it happens and his name is similar to one of my favorite musicians Levon Helm.  lol

Now that coaches are being nominated believe Austin will have a tremendous impact and is flying under radar per Pollack being in the spotlight. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 11:38 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm not budging from my pick awhile back, Jon Ross! If I had to pick someone on the defensive side , Billings....

Because nobody is hyping those two  Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 03:12 AM)SYLVIA Wrote: I'm hoping Westerman will show that he is a real grinder.

I think you are a Westerman homer Sylvia. J/K

(08-06-2018, 07:38 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: I'm actually excited to see our LB core. I think Malik Jefferson is going to show people why he was once projected to go in the first round. Really do believe he will be starting before the end of the year.

Honestly think both our third rounders are going to contribute their first year.

Man, if Malik lives up to his potential he could be one of the best Linebackers in the league.

Big, fast, hits hard and can cover.

(08-06-2018, 07:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good one.  Ditto on filling return role.  I know some speculated that he was going to be drafted as a RB.  He is just a versatile piece and I would love to see him impact our return game as well as coverage units.  Special teams are not often debated on here, but it is one-third of the game and he is a potential impact player.  As long as he doesn't get Fej released Wink

Loved watching Wilson play ST's at Houston, just has a nose for the ball as a gunner, stripped the ball out of
Returners hands and on the other side was a great Returner in his own right. Already has two picks in TC.

Cannot release the Fej, that is what is nice about Wilson's versatility, we can put him on the roster in numerous
positions. Think this will be our next ST's stud for Simmons to work with.

(08-06-2018, 02:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Because nobody is hyping those two  Ninja

I do really hype these guys a lot. Hope they live up to it.
Reply/Quote