Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to break out that no one is talking about?
(08-06-2018, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: EVERYONE is talking about Ross busting out.

Who is your "darkhorse" pick?

That's even tougher....Phat Randy then!!
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 07:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, that fits the description of no one talking about him  Hilarious

Seriously, though, he shouldn't be any less likely to win the job over Fisher, who has not impressed thus far in camp.  I thought Hart was just here for injury insurance but it looks like the old "if you have three QBs, you don't have one", but applied to RTs.  

I pray Redmond gets a shot there and surprises them all and wins the job and never looks back. 

I hear you, I feel like if he gets a shot Redmond probably has the best chance to emerge as the opening day starter at either position. Nobody has taken the jobs yet but it seems like Hart is getting a long look recently at RT so maybe thats a sign. The right side is wide open still, thats for sure. It could go any way, and with a new coach and technique, its pretty much a mystery because what guys looked like last year may not apply as much as it normally would.... cant wait till we finally play a preseason game....
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 05:27 PM)bengaloo Wrote:  what guys looked like last year may not apply as much as it normally would.... cant wait till we finally play a preseason game....

This is getting me thinking. How much can a coach change the way linemen do things in one preseason? We all have heard "Old habits are hard to break." It first starts with changing a persons thinking, then the body parts have to catch up. Thought process, reaction, execution. All within a millisecond. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think you are a Westerman homer Sylvia. J/K

Man, if Malik lives up to his potential he could be one of the best Linebackers in the league.

Big, fast, hits hard and can cover.

Loved watching Wilson play ST's at Houston, just has a nose for the ball as a gunner, stripped the ball out of
Returners hands and on the other side was a great Returner in his own right. Already has two picks in TC.

Cannot release the Fej, that is what is nice about Wilson's versatility, we can put him on the roster in numerous
positions. Think this will be our next ST's stud for Simmons to work with.

I do really hype these guys a lot. Hope they live up to it.

Hope they live  up to it as well

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There is a 25 year old LB with over 500 NFL career tackles who led the league in tackles last year who actually plays for the Bengals.

Remember how we play in the AFC North?

There is a good chance that LB who led the league in tackles last year leads the Bengals in tackles this year.

Lot of talk even in this thread about Evans and Malik.

Preston was our big FA signing. And even though he is only 25 for some reason a bunch of other young guys are getting the hype.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 10:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There is a 25 year old LB with over 500 NFL career tackles who led the league in tackles last year who actually plays for the Bengals.

There is a good chance that LB who led the league in tackles last year leads the Bengals in tackles this year.

Preston was our big FA signing. And even though he is only 25 for some reason a bunch of other young guys are getting the hype.

You answered the question. A huge FA signing is already hyped. I am banking on him having a great year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This is easy..just pull up the Bengals roster and find one name you don't recognize immediately . That player ,no matter how far down in the pecking order will go on to win league MVP.. I can tell by how many times my cat scratches for fleas..  or just do like most guys gfs do and pick a  player based on their picture . Nice smile ? Kind eyes? Obviously a first ballot HOFer.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 10:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There is a 25 year old LB with over 500 NFL career tackles who led the league in tackles last year who actually plays for the Bengals.

All great points Nati, Preston might have a great year, he is solid and with Burfict out the first 4 games will probably
lead the team in tackles. Was a great signing, in his prime Linebacker for once. We will see how he adjusts to Austin's
system. Still standing by Brandon Wilson being the surprise breakout player though.

ST's are a big deal.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 06:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is getting me thinking. How much can a coach change the way linemen do things in one preseason? We all have heard "Old habits are hard to break." It first starts with changing a persons thinking, then the body parts have to catch up. Thought process, reaction, execution. All within a millisecond. 

I thought the same thing and really dont have an idea about any of it lol. When we first hired Pollack, I was just thinking a more hard-nosed coach will help light a fire and more discipline, etc. But that article where Icky Woods mentioned the difference between OL's going out to hit someone vs "catching" ...which I had never really thought about or knew of until then. Thats what really got me thinking about what could really end up being a big difference because it sounds like a different philosophy of blocking. Its the most intriguing thing in camp this year to me for sure 
Reply/Quote
Jordan Willis.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jordan Willis.

That's a good one.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil will rebound this year inspite of the linebackers coach.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jordan Willis.

I think the writing is on the wall regarding Willis.  Sorry to say, but I think he really needs to bring it or he will be like Hunt and under used and forgotten.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 07:39 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the writing is on the wall regarding Willis.  Sorry to say, but I think he really needs to bring it or he will be like Hunt and under used and forgotten.  

Where are you getting this from?  I believe he is the starting RDE.  Lawson will be used in a rotational role, but Willis can play all downs at RDE or LDE if Dunlap or Hubbard were needing a breather.  

I know we all want to see a lot of Lawson, but I think Willis will get more snaps at RDE. And, hopefully, MJ gets none.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 03:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Nick Vigil will rebound this year inspite of the linebackers coach.

Hope your right on Vigil. He’s struggling to be what we all expected him to be.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 07:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Where are you getting this from?  I believe he is the starting RDE.  Lawson will be used in a rotational role, but Willis can play all downs at RDE or LDE if Dunlap or Hubbard were needing a breather.  

I know we all want to see a lot of Lawson, but I think Willis will get more snaps at RDE. And, hopefully, MJ gets none.  

I still think we have seen the best of MJ, and he's on a rapid decline.  Maybe I'm wrong, but he certainly isn't going to be seeing a lot at RDE.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 07:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Where are you getting this from?  I believe he is the starting RDE.  Lawson will be used in a rotational role, but Willis can play all downs at RDE or LDE if Dunlap or Hubbard were needing a breather.  

I think Michael Johnson will start at right defensive end and I think if Willis doesn't doesn't Sparkle I think they plug in Hubbard at right defensive end
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2018, 04:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Marvin Lewis.

Who???
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 02:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Who???

That guy who claps on the sideline all the time.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 07:39 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think the writing is on the wall regarding Willis.  Sorry to say, but I think he really needs to bring it or he will be like Hunt and under used and forgotten.  

What is this based on?

Here's a quote from Kat Terrell back in May...
Quote:Lawson and Willis, now second-year players, will factor heavily into the Bengals' plans this year.

Toward the end of the meeting, one coach comments that Willis should've gotten on the field more in 2017. Austin later notes he feels the same way about Lawson, who had 8.5 sacks despite taking less than half the defensive snaps.
http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/30001/eight-hours-inside-rookie-camp-with-new-defensive-coordinator-teryl-austin

Sure, there may not have been a ton of buzz around Willis this TC, but that doesn't mean he's getting left behind...unless you have some quote since TC started that explicitly states that.

It is for this reason actually that I think Willis is the definition of someone who could break out but no one is talking about.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote