Poll: Who will command more in the open market?
AJM
Dalton
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is more valuable in the open market, AJM or Dalton?
Please vote. We know that AJM would have brought back a 2nd and 3rd from Cleveland. Do you think Dalton would command more?
Reply/Quote
Ugh.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 11:34 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Please vote.  We know that AJM would have brought back a 2nd and 3rd from Cleveland. Do you think Dalton would command more?

Uhh. 

Yeah?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
lol
Reply/Quote
You can do better than this.

This is an embarrassing question to ask.
Reply/Quote
If — and this is a YUGE if — the Bengals had a fire sale and shopped the big money stars to the league, Andy Dalton would be the first one signed by another team. Screw 2016 and 2017: Scouts have five solid years of film on the guy when the offensive line didn’t totally suck to evaluate Dalton and from 2011-2015 he went from effective to near elite.

I like AJ McCarron too, don’t get me wrong. He will be a good quarterback somewhere — and he will start.
Reply/Quote
AJM. Nobody has seen what he can’t do yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:16 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If — and this is a YUGE if — the Bengals had a fire sale and shopped the big money stars to the league, Andy Dalton would be the first one signed by another team.  Screw 2016 and 2017:  Scouts have five solid years of film on the guy when the offensive line didn’t totally suck to evaluate Dalton and from 2011-2015 he went from effective to near elite.  

I like AJ McCarron too, don’t get me wrong.  He will be a good quarterback somewhere — and he will start.

So you think Dalton would be more sought after than AJ Green or Geno Atkins? I have to disagree big time with that. 

Reply/Quote
It's hard to say...but over the years our free agents generally get snagged up quick in free agency. I think the league knows that coaching and management is bad here and if you put our guys in a good system...they'll thrive.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you think Dalton would be more sought after than AJ Green or Geno Atkins? I have to disagree big time with that. 

I’m basing this off numbers: the NFL has 32 starting quarterback positions, 50-64 defensive tackle positions depending on whether a team runs a 43 or a 34 Defense, and at least 64 starting wide receiver spots. It’s probability.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:24 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m basing this off numbers:  the NFL has 32 starting quarterback positions, 50-64 defensive tackle positions depending on whether a team runs a 43 or a 34 Defense, and at least 64 starting wide receiver spots.  It’s probability.

I guess you could make that case. He'd probably get scooped up by a desperate team like the Browns, but I think there would be more interest overall for someone like AJ Green who could start on every single team in the league. 

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess you could make that case. He'd probably get scooped up by a desperate team like the Browns, but I think there would be more interest overall for someone like AJ Green who could start on every single team in the league. 

Yeah, but not every team likes to spend QB money on a WR, so Green's market would probably be limited to 4-5 teams with the need, the cash, and the desire to blow that cash on a WR. That's always how free agency plays out. Even Peyton Manning only had a small handful of suitors.

I think the market for Dalton would be similar. 4-5 teams. That's not to say Dalton would only be an upgrade for 4-5 teams, that's me knowing that some of those teams would opt to use the draft for a cheaper alternative that they could groom themselves. To any team wanting a legit QB now, Dalton would be highly enticing. Regardless whether people want to admit it, teams will look at the 60+ wins, the 5 playoff appearances and the big seasons he had in '12, '13, '15 and '16.

Dalton will be highly sought after. Mark it. Heck, maybe New England brings him in after Brady retires. Wouldn't that be something? I could also see Payton being very interested in Andy after Brees retires. If either of those scenarios played out, I'd all but guarantee Dalton would make a lot of people look silly for doubting him, rather than the real issues with this organization.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 12:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, but not every team likes to spend QB money on a WR, so Green's market would probably be limited to 4-5 teams with the need, the cash, and the desire to blow that cash on a WR. That's always how free agency plays out. Even Peyton Manning only had a small handful of suitors.

I think the market for Dalton would be similar. 4-5 teams. That's not to say Dalton would only be an upgrade for 4-5 teams, that's me knowing that some of those teams would opt to use the draft for a cheaper alternative that they could groom themselves. To any team wanting a legit QB now, Dalton would be highly enticing. Regardless whether people want to admit it, teams will look at the 60+ wins, the 5 playoff appearances and the big seasons he had in '12, '13, '15 and '16.

Dalton will be highly sought after. Mark it. Heck, maybe New England brings him in after Brady retires. Wouldn't that be something? I could also see Payton being very interested in Andy after Brees retires. If either of those scenarios played out, I'd all but guarantee Dalton would make a lot of people look silly for doubting him, rather than the real issues with this organization.

Browns, Colts (if the Luck rumors are true), Cardinals, Dolphins (rumors are they are moving on from Tannehill) Washington (Gruden + Cousins likely leaving), Buffalo (could move on from Tyrod who is more or less same level as Andy), Minnesota (If Teddy can even come back will it even be in 2018?), New Orleans if Brees leaves (he's a FA and will go to a team dedicated to winning)....

That's your Dalton market IMO.
So many if's and but's....

It will be a mad dash for Brees. Runner up is for Dalton 
Reply/Quote
Yes Dalton would most definitely command more in return than AJM.

Bet even AJM would vote this way.

For the record Dalton went way higher in the draft as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not a knock on McCarron either, it is just a fact Jack.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
LMFAO....is this for real.....like really real? LMAO. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:17 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Browns, Colts (if the Luck rumors are true), Cardinals, Dolphins (rumors are they are moving on from Tannehill) Washington (Gruden + Cousins likely leaving), Buffalo (could move on from Tyrod who is more or less same level as Andy), Minnesota (If Teddy can even come back will it even be in 2018?), New Orleans if Brees leaves (he's a FA and will go to a team dedicated to winning)....

That's your Dalton market IMO.
So many if's and but's....

It will be a mad dash for Brees. Runner up is for Dalton 

Interesting....I named some of those teams in another thread asking about his trade value....and was shot down.  I came up with about 15 potential suitors.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If you don't have a QB then your screwed. Andy is proven and Andy is in his prime. So he would be worth way more.
Suitors
Browns
Redskins
Jaguars
Bills
Cardinals
Broncos
Jets
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:58 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: If you don't have a QB then your screwed. Andy is proven and Andy is in his prime. So he would be worth way more.
Suitors
Browns
Redskins
Jaguars
Bills
Cardinals
Broncos
Jets

Why isn't Pittsburgh on this list? We know Ben's days are numbered. This could very well be his last year. They have no real competent back up waiting in the wings. We also know, by recent events, that MB has no problem sending QBs to division rivals. You don't think Andy would want to be sitting behind that OL throwing to that corp of receivers?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 02:15 AM)BMK Wrote: Why isn't Pittsburgh on this list? We know Ben's days are numbered. This could very well be his last year. They have no real competent back up waiting in the wings. We also know, by recent events, that MB has no problem sending QBs to division rivals. You don't think Andy would want to be sitting behind that OL throwing to that corp of receivers?

Not to mention being able to lean on the run game for the first time in his life. Ben has plenty of games where he takes a backseat and hands off 30+ times for 150+ yards. That would be unheard of to Andy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote