Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is moving to LA ?....I would think the Raiders
The Raiders play on that baseball diamond old field that announcers and players say is an outrage, yet Oakland refuses to do anything. Raiders are the team that should move to LA nice new stadium......and Chargers and Rams should stay where they are. San Diego and St Louis should have teams and have nice stadiums....Oakland Stadium is awful, plus that area has the 49ers......
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Rams and Raiders should be the LA teams.

But I think Spanos will weasel the Chargers in there.... The raiders actually are selling out in Oakland. The Rams have no fan support in St Louis and the Chargers fans stopped showing up.

The idea that the Chargers are trying to leverage the Rams to be equal partners at the Rams stadium is ridiculous. Kroenke wants to pay for his own stadium in LA they should let him. St Louis has not held up their lease they signed and allowed it to expire . Now are coming back to spite Kroenke and salvage any chance of a fitted team.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 02:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Rams and Raiders should be the LA teams.

But I think Spanos will weasel the Chargers in there.... The raiders actually are selling out in Oakland. The Rams have no fan support in St Louis and the Chargers fans stopped showing up.

The idea that the Chargers are trying to leverage the Rams to be equal partners at the Rams stadium is ridiculous. Kroenke wants to pay for his own stadium in LA they should let him. St Louis has not held up their lease they signed and allowed it to expire . Now are coming back to spite Kroenke and salvage any chance of a fitted team.

imo it would be stupid to have the chargers in SD and 2 teams in LA and the 49ers upstate.

The rams will stay in saint louis. or one of those other teams will leave state.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 02:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Rams and Raiders should be the LA teams.

But I think Spanos will weasel the Chargers in there.... The raiders actually are selling out in Oakland.   The Rams have no fan support  in St Louis and the Chargers fans stopped showing up.

The idea that the Chargers are trying to leverage the Rams to be equal partners at the Rams stadium is ridiculous.    Kroenke wants to pay for his own stadium in LA they should let him. St Louis has not held up their lease they signed and allowed it to expire .  Now are coming back to spite Kroenke and salvage any chance of a fitted team.

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_22534155/oakland-raiders-reduce-capacity-stadium

The article is a little old, but I haven't heard they went back and increased seating. If they haven't, they're only selling out because they keep reducing the number of seats. Wikipedia lists them as the second smallest seat-wise (behind Minnesota).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_stadiums#cite_note-41

But I agree, I think the Chargers will move. Rivers will retire, they'll stock up on picks for a season and look to have a refreshed franchise in a new spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 03:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: imo it would be stupid to have the chargers in SD and 2 teams in LA and the 49ers upstate.

The rams will stay in saint louis.     or one of those other teams will leave state.

I don't see what makes anyone think that St Louis deserves a team. They didn't hold up their end of the 20 year lease when it came to improvement that were written into the lease. Now they want the owner to chip in more money for a stadium in a city that doesn't even support the team. St Louis supports the cardinals and the Blues more than the Rams. They just are not an NFL town. These late measures to build a stadium is cute.... But their history shows that they will never stick to any lease they agree.

Their current stadium has a field that catches on fire and a concrete outer rim of the field that has gotten repeated players injured.

Oakland stadium is a baseball field but at least it isn't on fire and a health risk.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 03:21 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_22534155/oakland-raiders-reduce-capacity-stadium

The article is a little old, but I haven't heard they went back and increased seating. If they haven't, they're only selling out because they keep reducing the number of seats. Wikipedia lists them as the second smallest seat-wise (behind Minnesota).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_National_Football_League_stadiums#cite_note-41

But I agree, I think the Chargers will move. Rivers will retire, they'll stock up on picks for a season and look to have a refreshed franchise in a new spot.

It's a shame that the 49ers and Raiders can't share a stadium.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's a shame that the  49ers and Raiders can't share a stadium.

I can't see it. But apparently there was some talk about the Chargers and Raiders doing it.

http://www.npr.org/2015/02/24/388665915/nfl-rivals-may-team-up-to-share-stadium

Quote:And two NFL rivals say they want to team up here in Southern California. The San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders - Oakland's in Northern California - have proposed a new stadium they would share near Los Angeles beginning as soon as fall 2016. It follows another plan recently announced that would take the St. Louis Rams back to the LA market.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25272862/raiders-and-chargers-willing-to-switch-divisions-if-co-tenants-in-los-angeles

Quote:If the Raiders and Chargers end up sharing a stadium in Carson, California, they likely won't be sharing a division anymore.

Former NFL executive Carmen Policy, who was hired by the two teams to oversee the stadium project, said on Monday that both the Chargers and Raiders would be willing to switch divisions if the NFL lets the two teams move to LA.
According to Policy, the two teams have basically told the NFL, "you send us to LA and you'll make the decision as to who plays in what conference or division."
Reply/Quote
I'm leaning more towards the Rams and Chargers, mostly because I think the Davis family has been blacklisted into being unable to move or get a new stadium.
Reply/Quote
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25326195/rams-owner-willing-to-share-la-area-stadium-with-another-owner

This is Spanos getting McNair and Richardson to prop him up. Kroenke has the ability to do it all himself even in the expensive LA market. He offers to accept another team as an olive branch. But Spanos wants a 50/50 equity in the surrounding area development. Hard to demand when Kroenke has paid for everything. If Spanos can't build a stadium himself he should be at the mercy of another owner.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/sports/Stadium-Scramble-The-Chargers-Will-Not-Share-LA-With-The-Rams-360096621.html
Reply/Quote
Remember last year when the Raiders were threatening to move to San Antonio? I wonder if they'll go back to that if they don't get to move to LA.
Reply/Quote
Amen:

[Image: LArams3.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 08:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Remember last year when the Raiders were threatening to move to San Antonio?  I wonder if they'll go back to that if they don't get to move to LA.

I wish they would. It's time to move past some of these cities who lose teams repeatedly.

Cleveland is on team #3. St. Louis is about to lose team #2. San Antonio, Portland should be given a chance.

San Diego is a great place the issue there is Spanos and his unwillingness to build his own stadium. He expected the city to give him land back in the 90's.

What's funny is that Mark Davis is going to be a tenant in either stadium so he is either with Kronke and no one realigns the league. Or he is with Spanos and one of them moves. It's just easier to be with the Rams. The only issue is that Spanos is throwing a hissy fit and his buddies are helping him.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 10:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Amen:

[Image: LArams3.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 10:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I wish they would.   It's time to move past some of these cities who lose teams repeatedly.  

Cleveland is on team #3.   St. Louis is about to lose team #2.   San Antonio, Portland should be given a chance.  

San Diego is a great place the issue there is Spanos and his unwillingness to build his own stadium.   He expected the city to give him land back in the 90's.    

What's funny is that Mark Davis is going to be a tenant in either stadium so he is either with Kronke and no one realigns the league.  Or he is with Spanos and one of them moves.   It's just easier to be with the Rams.   The only issue is that Spanos is throwing a hissy fit and his buddies are helping him.

well, in fairness, it wasn't like Cleveland was a crappy franchise the city didn't support. The owner saw a chance to cash in and took it. Not that that's a bad business decision, but it's not the same as the rams where the market isn't strong and, outside of a couple years, there isn't any history.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 09:41 PM)Benton Wrote: well, in fairness, it wasn't like Cleveland was a crappy franchise the city didn't support. The owner saw a chance to cash in and took it. Not that that's a bad business decision, but it's not the same as the rams where the market isn't strong and, outside of a couple years, there isn't any history.

Actually Cleveland wasn't supported. Yes the fans showed up. But when the owner tried to get a stadium issue out up to renovate municipal stadium the policians balked because they thought the team wouldn't move . Now we can go on about how modell handled the situation. But it's also not fair to say that modell never tried to get municipal renovated or a new one .

Now if you want to talk about what's not fair .... Georgia Fronterie after her husband died (Rams owner) she fires his sons from the team. Then she moved the team to her hometown. And we don't even mention how her husband the accomplished swimmer just happened to drown ...... The Rams were stolen out of LA by some shady means. I also think you could put the Colts/Baltimore in that same scenario. Admittedly I don't know the specifics on that relationship.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Now if you want to talk about what's not fair .... Georgia Fronterie after her husband died (Rams owner) she fires his sons from the team.   Then she moved the team to her hometown.   And we don't even mention how her husband the accomplished swimmer just happened to drown ......   The Rams were stolen out of LA by some shady means.    I also think you could put the Colts/Baltimore in that same scenario.  Admittedly I don't know the specifics on that relationship.

Never liked that *****.  After Carol died she did a cash grab and screwed over the fans. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Never liked that *****.  After Carol died she did a cash grab and screwed over the fans. 

Yeah it's the untold story that no one really know outside of LA. There should be a Timeline show on NFL network about it That's why it's brutal for anyone to even act like the Rams belong in St Louis. The NFL should be righting that wrong.... And now they play around with it because of Spanos doesn't want to be a second in a stadium that he isn't building.
Reply/Quote
A little off subject, but I just loathe how league owners play with cities in threatening to pack up the tents and leave town to get a stadium deal. Owners should be paying cities, not cities destroying budgets to have pro teams hold them hostage, because they can.

That said, LA could use the Rams; meh on the other teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:45 AM)TGISunday Wrote: A little off subject, but I just loathe how league owners play with cities in threatening to pack up the tents and leave town to get a stadium deal. Owners should be paying cities, not cities destroying budgets to have pro teams hold them hostage, because they can.

That said, LA could use the Rams; meh on the other teams.

If/when a team or two moves to LA the owners are going to lose this cliched threat.  It also seems like every time we complained about Mike Brown someone said "Blah blah blah, how would you like it if Mike made them the LA Bengals, blah blah...."
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 10:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Actually Cleveland wasn't supported.   Yes the fans showed up.  But when the owner tried to get a stadium issue out up to renovate municipal stadium the policians balked because they thought the team wouldn't move .   Now we can go on about how modell handled the situation.  But it's also not fair to say that modell never tried to get municipal renovated or a new one .  

Now if you want to talk about what's not fair .... Georgia Fronterie after her husband died (Rams owner) she fires his sons from the team.   Then she moved the team to her hometown.   And we don't even mention how her husband the accomplished swimmer just happened to drown ......   The Rams were stolen out of LA by some shady means.    I also think you could put the Colts/Baltimore in that same scenario.  Admittedly I don't know the specifics on that relationship.

Doesn't sound much different than Kroneke and the Rams.
Reply/Quote