Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is moving to LA ?....I would think the Raiders
Anyone I met from St. Louis was a Chiefs fan and said it was weird to have a team you never thought of move into your area.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anyone I met from St. Louis was a Chiefs fan and said it was weird to have a team you never thought of move into your area.

I live two and a half hours from St. Louis and 2 hours from Nashville. I was in high school when they moved, and I had family there. Their attitude was "oh, yeah, there's a football stadium. Want to talk about the Cards?"

Totally different with the Titans who moved around the same time. You couldn't get within an hour drive of Tennessee and not hear or see something about the Titans. And they're still pretty popular even though they haven't done anything in a while.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 01:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Doesn't sound much different than Kroneke and the Rams.

St Louis fans don't go to the games . Rams gear isn't a priority buy in St Louis .

i don't blame Kroenke for leaving. He will own his own stadium. If the league actually holds him up he should just go. Al Davis style
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 10:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cleveland is on team #3.   St. Louis is about to lose team #2.   San Antonio, Portland should be given a chance.  

I would love to get another professional sports team in Portland, but it's very unlikely. No one here cares enough to actually get something going. Paul Allen owns the Blazers and he pretty much stops anything he can unless it benefits him financially. Our Triple A team tried to get a new stadium built and basically no one was willing to give them new land so they left town. Our WHL team owner was looking to acquire an NHL team and relocate them to Portland, that didn't come to fruition. The Oakland A's and Tampa Rays said they'd move to Portland if a stadium was built. It was talked about for two minutes and never mentioned again.

This place loves to complain about not being the most well known city in the Northwest, but they also want to keep their "small town" charm feel. They try to be unique and fully support the MLS team and call Portland, Soccer City, USA. I don't see a chance of a sport I actually care about coming here.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 06:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I would love to get another professional sports team in Portland, but it's very unlikely. No one here cares enough to actually get something going. Paul Allen owns the Blazers and he pretty much stops anything he can unless it benefits him financially. Our Triple A team tried to get a new stadium built and basically no one was willing to give them new land so they left town. Our WHL team owner was looking to acquire an NHL team and relocate them to Portland, that didn't come to fruition. The Oakland A's and Tampa Rays said they'd move to Portland if a stadium was built. It was talked about for two minutes and never mentioned again.

This place loves to complain about not being the most well known city in the Northwest, but they also want to keep their "small town" charm feel. They try to be unique and fully support the MLS team and call Portland, Soccer City, USA. I don't see a chance of a sport I actually care about coming here.

That's a shame.   It's a great area up there.    

Well I hope they explore some new cities instead of retreads who have proven they can't make it work for multiple franchises.    Teams don't leave cities where everything is great. Just like it's better to marry a girl who has never been married versus the girl who is looking for husband #3 or #4.
Reply/Quote
Btw Drew Bree's as Qb for the LA Rams next year would be nice.

Rams are so close to being really good. Much like the cardinals who just needed a veteran Qb.
Reply/Quote
St Louis submitted their stadium proposal. Oakland was not submitting one at all.

The St Louis plan calls for an extra 100m from the league. Plus Kroenke pays all cost overruns . I can't see how any of this flies . Seems like a half hearted effort by St Louis to show they can get franchise #3 when the Rams go home to LA.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: St Louis submitted their stadium proposal.  Oakland was not submitting one at all.  

The St Louis plan calls for an extra 100m from the league.   Plus Kroenke pays all cost overruns .    I can't see how any of this flies .   Seems like a half hearted effort by St Louis to show they can get franchise #3 when the Rams go home to LA.

Does this mean the Raiders might go to St. Louis?  The St. Louis Raiders...now THAT has a ring to it!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does this mean the Raiders might go to St. Louis?  The St. Louis Raiders...now THAT has a ring to it!

Idk.   I don't think this is a realistic proposal.     The devil is In the details I'm sure .   No way should the NFL accept a deal that puts one of them on the hook for cost overruns.  No public project ever comes in on budget due to all the regulations and union paybacks.

St Louis shouldn't have any team. They aren't a football town.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully all three stay where there at. LA isnt a sports town its an event town anyways. The NFL doesn't need a team there and LA doesn't need a team there. If they were smart they would turn LA into another London. Add an extra week to the NFL schedule have 8 games in LA, 4 in London, and 4 spread out across the world.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 09:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Btw Drew Bree's as Qb for the LA Rams next year would be nice.  

Rams are so close to being really good.   Much like the cardinals who just needed a veteran Qb.

I can't tell if you are trolling or being serious. 

Sarcasm
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 08:00 PM)J24 Wrote: Hopefully all three stay where there at. LA isnt a sports town its an event town anyways. The NFL doesn't need a team there and LA doesn't need a team there. If they were smart they would turn LA into another London.  Add an extra week to the NFL schedule have 8 games in LA, 4 in London, and 4 spread out across the world.

You might be able to say that LA isn't a football town, but how can you say a town with 2 baseball teams, 2 basketball teams, a soccer team, an Arena League team owned by 2 guys from KISS (lulz), and so on isn't a "sports town?"
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000617813/article/rams-chargers-raiders-apply-for-la-relocation

Filed for relocation. Rams statement was blunt
Reply/Quote
The Jets and Giants successfully share the same stadium so LA could support 2 teams at the same stadium. I think California will keep the Chargers and Raiders in LA. The Rams may move to another city. Not sure what the outcome will be but this makes sense to me.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
http://m.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/st-louis-to-stan-kroenke-you-re-preposterous/article_de93465b-0da2-52a2-b578-719eec790533.html?mobile_touch=true

St Louis isn't happy about the Rams relocation submission.   The Rams were blunt about the city.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14512603/rams-owner-stan-kroenke-assert-st-louis-better-2-sport-city-los-angeles-relocation-application

This one the Rams say St Louis is only a 2 professional team city and is not an NFL town.
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of hoping the Rams bid to LA falls apart because I want Kroenke to have to return to St. Louis and face all of these people.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 06:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: St Louis shouldn't have any team.   They aren't a football town.

Kroenke just trashed St Louis.  I think he is trying to piss them off so much that they want him to go.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/06/is-kroenke-trying-to-make-it-impossible-to-stay-it-in-st-louis/

in trashing St. Louis on his way out the door, Kroenke may be trying to make it impossible for him to stay in St. Louis, if he doesn’t get the 24 votes to move.

“Any NFL Club that signs on to this proposal in St. Louis will be well on the road to financial ruin, and the League will be harmed,” Kroenke’s application for relocation said, via David Hunn of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.  .  .  

.  .  .  it could mean that Kroenke may have to sell the team, if he doesn’t get the 24 votes to move. As some have speculated, he could then eventually buy the Broncos from the Bowlen family, given that Kroenke already owns the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 05:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kroenke just trashed St Louis.  I think he is trying to piss them off so much that they want him to go.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/06/is-kroenke-trying-to-make-it-impossible-to-stay-it-in-st-louis/

in trashing St. Louis on his way out the door, Kroenke may be trying to make it impossible for him to stay in St. Louis, if he doesn’t get the 24 votes to move.

“Any NFL Club that signs on to this proposal in St. Louis will be well on the road to financial ruin, and the League will be harmed,” Kroenke’s application for relocation said, via David Hunn of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.  .  .  

.  .  .  it could mean that Kroenke may have to sell the team, if he doesn’t get the 24 votes to move. As some have speculated, he could then eventually buy the Broncos from the Bowlen family, given that Kroenke already owns the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche.

He wanted to move last year and the league told him to wait a year. Basically because Spanos threw a fit.... I would imagine that Kroenke will be the votes because he waited. He may have to pay more than usual to move to help out the Chargers or raiders build something.
Reply/Quote
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-stadium-20160110-story.html

League says stadium proposals in St. Louis, San Diego, and Oakland are not good enough.
Reply/Quote