Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best football you’ve seen play?
(12-30-2023, 06:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Really does make you wonder how he’d be regarded if he left Detroit and won 2-3 rings somewhere else as their best player

Also makes you think about how long the Lions have truly sucked ass. I’m 32 and i don’t EVER remember the Lions being TRUE contenders. Maybe the scratched out a 10-12 win season here and there but i don’t remember ever seeing the Lions and actually thinking they could win the title

They could absolutely win this year. Even if you get bad Goff, Gibbs is looking like he’s generational at running back

I worked with a Cowboys fans back then and we used to always argue whether Barry or Emmitt was the better back.  I always told him that what Emmitt did was in part due to his O-line, while what Barry did was often in spite of his O-line.  I've always believed if Barry had played behind Dallas' line, he would have had three or four 2k seasons instead of just one.

The Lions had a little success in the '90s, advancing to the NFCCG in '91 and winning the division in '93 and a couple wild card berths later in that decade, but their last playoff win was January 1992, and the one before that was December 1957.  That's two playoff wins in the past 66 years.  To remember both playoff wins you'd have to be in your 70s, and likely few Lions fans under 40 even witnessed the last win.  By comparison, we have five playoff wins in just the past two years.  So when people bemoan our franchise's misfortunes, I remind them who's had it worse.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 06:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Really does make you wonder how he’d be regarded if he left Detroit and won 2-3 rings somewhere else as their best player

Also makes you think about how long the Lions have truly sucked ass. I’m 32 and i don’t EVER remember the Lions being TRUE contenders. Maybe the scratched out a 10-12 win season here and there but i don’t remember ever seeing the Lions and actually thinking they could win the title

They could absolutely win this year. Even if you get bad Goff, Gibbs is looking like he’s generational at running back

1 playoff win in 60 years and have only played 3 playoff games since 2000. It blows my mind how much suffering those fans have endured. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Same could be said for Calvin Johnson. He was possibly the most physical specimen I've ever seen play 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2023, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Same could be said for Calvin Johnson. He was possibly the most physical specimen I've ever seen play 

And he actually had a hell of a QB, too. Crazy Detroit couldn’t put a more competitive team around them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote