Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the finest first lady of them all?
(03-06-2016, 12:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Who cares?

[Image: 1000509261001_1490383616001_Bio-First-La...elt-SF.jpg]

HIT!

You'd hit Steve Buscemi ?

[Image: article-2282473-182E101C000005DC-342_306x423.jpg]
Sadly former First Lady Nancy Reagan passed today. She has to be at the top of this list

[Image: nancy.jpeg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-06-2016, 07:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sadly former First Lady Nancy Reagan passed today. She has to be at the top of this list

Why?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(03-06-2016, 07:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sadly former First Lady Nancy Reagan passed today. She has to be at the top of this list

[Image: nancy.jpeg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780]

A little too slutty for my taste.
If we're talking fine as in "damn, she's fine" then Jackie Kennedy....I'd still dig that shit up and hit it today.
(03-06-2016, 07:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: Why?

Because she was a former Hollywood actress and the founder of Just Say No. 

(03-06-2016, 08:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because she was a former Hollywood actress and the founder of Just Say No. 

Interesting.

I'd think many other first ladies did much more to be ranked above her if that is your two best reasons.
(03-06-2016, 08:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: Interesting.

I'd think many other first ladies did much more to be ranked above her if that is your two best reasons.

A First Lady should be glamorous: You do not get much more glamorous than a Hollywood actress.

A First Lady should have a social consciousness; The Just Say  No campaign is one of the most known drug abuse awareness campaigns ever launched.

She was one of the biggest advocates of Stem-Cell research and she was personal care-tacker of a Former President.

The good thing about list is: You can have yours and I can  have mine. Not sure I'd say yours is wrong. 

(03-06-2016, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A First Lady should be glamorous: You do not get much more glamorous than a Hollywood actress.

A First Lady should have a social consciousness; The Just Say  No campaign is one of the most known drug abuse awareness campaigns ever launched.

She was one of the biggest advocates of Stem-Cell research and she was personal care-tacker of a Former President.

The good thing about list is: You can have yours and I can  have mine. Not sure I'd say yours is wrong. 

Nor did I say you were wrong.  Just interesting that those were your two reason.

I'd say Mrs. Kennedy was more glamorous and that "Just Say No" was a failure as a campaign.  But you are correct that it can come down to personal opinions.
(03-02-2016, 05:58 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So if trump wins and falls ill like FDR.   You would be ok with his wife taking over a position she wasn't elected?

ER should be considered a criminal.

Wasn't Reagan suffering from Alzheimer's during his term and had a lot of help from Nancy?
(03-06-2016, 08:37 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Wasn't Reagan suffering from Alzheimer's during his term and had a lot of help from Nancy?

We may never know because Nancy protected his image so much.
(03-06-2016, 08:37 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Wasn't Reagan suffering from Alzheimer's during his term and had a lot of help from Nancy?

It would depend on the specific help. Was she making decisions as if she was president and her husband was fully incapable? Did george bush have a role?
(03-07-2016, 08:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It would depend on the specific help.   Was she making decisions as if she was president and her husband was fully incapable?   Did george bush have a role?

No way.  It had to be her...just like with FDR!  Right?

Mellow
(03-07-2016, 08:26 AM)GMDino Wrote: No way.  It had to be her...just like with FDR!  Right?

Mellow

When you provide me with evidence that she basically took over the office of the president like ER did then we can have that discussion.   Of course you won't even read the book that lays out what happened lol
(03-07-2016, 09:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you provide me with evidence that she basically took over the office of the president like ER did then we can have that discussion.   Of course you won't even read the book that lays out what happened lol

The book you suggested makes assumptions.  But those assumptions agree with your strongly held view so you don't question them and accept them as fact.

So we have confirmed that Mrs. Reagan used an astrologer to decide when Ronnie should do certain things and who he could meet with and when...but he said that didn't affect his policies.  But it had to.  If she decided who he talked to and when that had to affect his decision making.  But he was so enamored with "Mommie" that he probably didn't even realize it.

this article was from when St. Ronnie was still in office.

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/04/us/white-house-confirms-reagans-follow-astrology-up-to-a-point.html

Quote:White House Confirms Reagans Follow Astrology, Up to a Point

By STEVEN V. ROBERTS, Special to the New York Times
Published: May 4, 1988

WASHINGTON, May 3— President Reagan and his wife, Nancy, are both deeply interested in astrology, the White House spokesman, Marlin Fitzwater, said today, and two former White House officials said Mrs. Reagan's concerns had influenced the scheduling of important events.

A California astrologer said she had been consulted by the Reagans regarding key White House decisions, but Mr. Reagan said astrology had not influenced policy.
Followers of astrology believe the alignment of stars and planets influences human affairs. Such people consult charts, based on their birth dates, for clues concerning many decisions.

Mr. Fitzwater said Mrs. Reagan is particularly worried about the impact astrological portents can have on her husband's safety. But he declined to say exactly how Mrs. Reagan had used astrological information. And the President, answering a question at a photo-taking session, said, ''No policy or decision in my mind has ever been influenced by astrology.''

The issue was stirred up by reports, first published in Newsweek, that Donald T. Regan, the former White House chief of staff, discusses the role of astrology in his memoirs. The memoirs are being published later this month by Harcourt, Brace Jovanovich, and excerpts are scheduled to appear in the May 16 issue of Time Magazine.

The book will detail the ''kinds of decisions that were made'' under the influence of astrological readings, according to a former Administration official.

Another former official said the President timed his announcement that he would run for re-election after he and his wife consulted astrological signs.

Early in his political career, Mr. Reagan scheduled his inauguration as Governor of California in January 1967 to take place at an odd time, 12:10 A.M. News reports at the time said the decision was made to take advantage of favorable astrological portents.

In answer to a barrage of questions today, Mr. Fitzwater said: ''It's true that Mrs. Reagan has an interest in astrology. She has for some time, particularly following the assassination attempt in March of 1981. She was very concerned for her husband's welfare, and astrology has been part of her concern in terms of his activities.''
The spokesman said the Reagans were distressed at the disclosures concerning their interest in astrology. ''They both feel it's unfortunate and a distraction and hardly relevant to the business of government,'' he said.

Mrs. Reagan's influence on the President's schedule is well known, but generally she has argued that Mr. Reagan's timetables were ''too tight and needed a little more down time,'' according to Joe Canzeri, a former White House aide. Grist for Much Humor

Friends of Mrs. Reagan say she has long had an interest in astrology, but only a few of her aides apparently knew that she had an emotional concern.

Tonight, on the ABC News program ''Nightline,'' Ted Koppel reported that he had learned that before the President was shot on March 30, 1981, an astrologer warned Mrs. Reagan that something bad would happen that day. In an interview after the show, Mr. Koppel said a woman astrologer had told Mrs. Reagan that ''there was going to be an incident on that day.'' Mr. Koppel would not identify the source of his information.

A leading Republican strategist, with close ties to the White House, said the reports would not be damaging to the President. But others said the disclosures revealed a character trait in the President and his wife that had remained largely hidden to the public.

Marcello Truzzi, a professor of sociology at Eastern Michigan University, said he has collected evidence over many years documenting the Reagans' interest in astrology.
''I don't think Reagan is a truly avid astrological person, but I think if all things are equal, it has some impact on him,'' said Mr. Truzzi, who also heads an independent institute, the Center for Scientific Anomalies Research.

The disclosures were fodder for humor in Washington today. Mr. Fitzwater opened his briefing by saying, ''I'll take your first question at exactly 12:33 and a half.''
On Capitol Hill, Representative Tony Coelho, the Democratic whip, expressed amazement at Republican objections to a revised trade bill and said, ''Maybe an astrologer is telling them to object today.'' Jim Wright, the Speaker of the House, said: ''It's all right with me. I'm glad he consults somebody.'' Jokes About a Ghost

At his briefing, Mr. Fitzwater acknowledged that the President has a superstitious streak. He often talks in speeches about ''lucky numbers,'' and jokes that the ghost of Abraham Lincoln resides in the White House.

Friends of Mrs. Reagan considered her reading of her daily horoscope a ''fun pastime,'' as one confidant put it.

In his autobiography, President Reagan refers to Carroll Righter, a well known California astrologer, as ''one of our good friends.'' Mr. Righter, who died last week, decorated his office with many pictures of the Reagans, according to Professor Truzzi. [ Obituary, page B12. ] ''You have to remember where and how that part of their life started,'' said an old friend of the Reagans. ''In Hollywood during the 30's and 40's, astrologers were social equals and friends, they weren't weirdos.''

Professor Truzzi noted that President Theodore Roosevelt was an astrology buff, and that President Franklin D. Roosevelt quoted horoscopes. Many other world leaders were known for their interest in astrology.

Joyce Jillson, a Los Angeles astrologer, told The Associated Press she had ''spent a lot of time'' at the White House after the assassination attempt. Mr. Fitzwater said the Reagans did not know Ms. Jillson, according to The Washington Post.

Please also remember that he couldn't remember anything about the sales of arms to Iran.  

So to suggest that she was pulling strings behind the scenes is no more fanciful that your assertion that Elanor Roosevelt should have been put in jail.
(03-07-2016, 09:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: The book you suggested makes assumptions.  But those assumptions agree with your strongly held view so you don't question them and accept them as fact.

So we have confirmed that Mrs. Reagan used an astrologer to decide when Ronnie should do certain things and who he could meet with and when...but he said that didn't affect his policies.  But it had to.  If she decided who he talked to and when that had to affect his decision making.  But he was so enamored with "Mommie" that he probably didn't even realize it.

this article was from when St. Ronnie was still in office.

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/05/04/us/white-house-confirms-reagans-follow-astrology-up-to-a-point.html

Please also remember that he couldn't remember anything about the sales of arms to Iran.  

So to suggest that she was pulling strings behind the scenes is no more fanciful that your assertion that Elanor Roosevelt should have been put in jail.

So I guess you are trying to explain bad behavior with what you perceive to be bad behavior? They followed astrology.... I bet they also read their fortune cookies and had a laugh when they went to eat Chinese.

As far as what ER did or didn't do.... When you want to join me on the topic just give it a quick read. It shouldn't cut into your meme time. Ninja
(03-07-2016, 10:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So I guess you are trying to explain bad behavior with what you perceive to be bad behavior?   They followed astrology....   I bet they also read their fortune cookies and had a laugh when they went to eat Chinese.  

As far as what ER did or didn't do....   When you want to join me on the topic just give it a quick read.     It shouldn't cut into your meme time.    Ninja

I'm using a real example of the president and his wife admitting they use astrology to determine aspects of his decision making.  And admitting that SHE is the one who made those decisions for the POTUS.

Versus

A book that claims to make a better guess at the physical ailments of FDR some 50+ years after he died that you are using as solid proof that Elanor Roosevelt was making all the decisions for four terms.

If you can't read one article correctly why would I believe you read an entire book.  And understood it?
(03-07-2016, 10:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So I guess you are trying to explain bad behavior with what you perceive to be bad behavior?   They followed astrology....   I bet they also read their fortune cookies and had a laugh when they went to eat Chinese.  

As far as what ER did or didn't do....   When you want to join me on the topic just give it a quick read.     It shouldn't cut into your meme time.    Ninja

Lol...Dino's meme time.

Don't you know there's gotta be something sinister about Nancy Reagan, her husband was Republican after all.

I believe there is a difference between image and reputation. She protected his reputation, something a good wife would and should do.

Consider Hildebeest Clinton and her task of trying to protect her husbands image...one such instance when she the called the half dozen women or so who came forward accusing Billy of sexual harassment and rape "sluts" or something of the sort.
Yeah they were all just gold diggers.

Then post Monica Lewinsky publicly announcing a spiritual meeting with The Very Very Very Reverend Jesse Jackson at the White House...then to emerge hours later in front of cameras for all to see ..Hillary, Bill, Chelsea, and the dear reverend all holding hands smiling, we are all good, everything is forgiven.

Consider the hypocrisy of the left and how it reared it's head in this case. No woman feminazi group or person spoke up against Clinton in behalf of those
women. The criteria wasn't met. Clinton needed to be a Republican.

Nothing here sinister about Nancy Reagan.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/obit/2016/03/nancy_reagan_obituary_how_she_protected_ronald_reagan.html
(03-07-2016, 12:10 PM)Vlad Wrote: Lol...Dino's meme time.

Don't you know there's gotta be something sinister about Nancy Reagan, her husband was Republican after all.

I believe there is a difference between image and reputation. She protected his reputation, something a good wife would and should do.

Consider Hildebeest Clinton and her task of trying to protect her husbands image...one such instance when she the called the half dozen women or so who came forward accusing Billy of sexual harassment and rape "sluts" or something of the sort.
Yeah they were all just gold diggers.

Then post Monica Lewinsky publicly announcing a spiritual meeting with The Very Very Very Reverend Jesse Jackson at the White House...then to emerge hours later in front of cameras for all to see ..Hillary, Bill, Chelsea, and the dear reverend all holding hands smiling, we are all good, everything is forgiven.

Consider the hypocrisy of the left and how it reared it's head in this case. No woman feminazi group or person spoke up against Clinton in behalf of those
women. The criteria wasn't met. Clinton needed to be a Republican.

Nothing here sinister about Nancy Reagan.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/obit/2016/03/nancy_reagan_obituary_how_she_protected_ronald_reagan.html

So because you don't like Hillary or anything she has ever done then Nancy is OK by you.

It is interesting that to defend Nancy you attack and name call someone else rather than just based in a fact.

I mean Hillary sticking with her husband shouldn't be viewed any worse than Nancy controlling all of his meeting...right?   Mellow
(03-07-2016, 10:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm using a real example of the president and his wife admitting they use astrology to determine aspects of his decision making.  And admitting that SHE is the one who made those decisions for the POTUS.

Versus

A book that claims to make a better guess at the physical ailments of FDR some 50+ years after he died that you are using as solid proof that Elanor Roosevelt was making all the decisions for four terms.

If you can't read one article correctly why would I believe you read an entire book.  And understood it?

Yeah because nothing of FDR's presidency was ever hidden to ensure he was always put into a positive light. Lol.