Poll: Who is the one player the Bengals can least afford to lose to injury?
This poll is closed.
Andy Dalton
49.37%
39 49.37%
Jeremy Hill
13.92%
11 13.92%
AJ Green
17.72%
14 17.72%
Andrew Whitworth
2.53%
2 2.53%
Kevin Zeitler
0%
0 0%
Tyler Eifert
1.27%
1 1.27%
Geno Atkins
6.33%
5 6.33%
Carlos Dunlap
1.27%
1 1.27%
Michael Johnson
0%
0 0%
Vontaze Burfict
3.80%
3 3.80%
Leon Hall
0%
0 0%
Rey Maualuga
0%
0 0%
Reggie Nelson
1.27%
1 1.27%
George Iloka
0%
0 0%
Other (state whom)
2.53%
2 2.53%
Total 79 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Who is the one player the Bengals can least afford to lose to injury?
No one ever wants to talk about injuries to key players, but they happen each and every year. That's why teams try to have quality have depth as back up's in key positions. The Bengals have had a pretty good run of solid drafts, and have pretty good depth at a number of -key positions. That being said, who do you think the Bengals can LEAST afford to lose for the majority of the season,(more than say 10 games)?
Reply/Quote
Based on how he played last year (and a majority of his career)...Whit.

I know he is getting up there in age and I wouldn't be surprised to see some drop off in play this year, but the dude is an elite LT. Top 2 or 3 in the league easily. I'm sure Fisher wouldn't be terrible if forced into a starting role, but I'd rather let him hit the weights for a year. Losing the best all around player on our team would be quite disastrous. Sick
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:25 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: No one ever wants to talk about injuries to key players, but they happen each and every year.  That's why teams try to have quality have depth as back up's in key positions.  The Bengals have had a pretty good run of solid drafts, and have pretty good depth at a number of -key positions.  That being said, who do you think the Bengals can LEAST afford to lose for the majority of the season,(more than say 10 games)?

Whitworth or Jeremy Hill

I don't really need to explain or sumpthin, but I will anyway

I don't trust Fisher just yet. I still think he needs to get stronger to take on NFL d-ends er sumtin

And Andre Smith can NOT stay healthy for the life of him Tss

Jeremy Hill is a playmaker. Top 5 half back in my eyes . (I should use eye drops to get him out or sumptin)

Gio is a 3rd down back kind of guy. Sorta like Chip Perry in 05. Oops, I meant Chris Perry

I'm jus chippin
Reply/Quote
Dalton...our backups are Josh Johnson, a guy who has never thrown a pass, and a guy who can't make it past summer cuts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I added a Poll. My choice would be Geno. I think he is the one player that makes the entire defense better. Even more so than Burfict. If Geno returns to form, this defense just got a whole lot better. If he is even at a slightly improved version of last year,it makes a big difference to the rest of the defense. If he is out again, I don't feel comfortable with Thompson or Hardison being the impact type of player Geno is, even at 85%.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton...our backups are Josh Johnson, a guy who has never thrown a pass, and a guy who can't make it past summer cuts.

I would have said Dalton, if he hadn't regressed so badly last year. Hill was carrying this team at the end of the year, Dalton was mainly just handing it off and trying not to throw picks. Key word is trying Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:41 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I would have said Dalton, if he hadn't regressed so badly last year. Hill was carrying this team at the end of the year, Dalton was mainly just handing it off and trying not to throw picks. Key word is trying  Whatever

Tssss sorta like Trent Dilfer and Jamal Lewis tsss
Reply/Quote
Dalton obviously. If he went down the offense would become horrible even if everyone was healthy. All we would have would be a run game, and without a pass game that wouldn't be nearly as good.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 09:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton...our backups are Josh Johnson, a guy who has never thrown a pass, and a guy who can't make it past summer cuts.

I can see the point here with Dalton, but I would disagree. I'm not a Dalton hater by any means, and think he's a solid QB. But I think that what he is, is a solid QB, and therefore the drop off between him, and anyone else the Bengals could sign would be less drastic. I think they could grab a decent vet that could equal Daltons 19 TD-17 Ints and 83.9 passer rating last year. Granted that was without AJ for some time, MLJ for the season, and essentially Eifert for the season. But that being said the Bengals made the playoffs, and almost won the division. With more from Hill, a better year from Gio, and the three guys being healthy, I think there are a few QB's that could step in and get the Bengals to the playoffs, and match Dalton's performance from last season.

I chose Geno, and we saw what the difference last year on defense without him playing at his highest level. Geno disrupts offenses, and makes everyone else's job on defense a lot easier. Dalton manages the game, but doesn't really ever take over a game. At least not in a positive manner. Typically a good Andy day, being pedestrian with the football, results in a win for the Bengals. There are only a few occasions where I would say his play "won" the game. He has had some unfortunate things happen in key situations, that have lead some to bash him. I don't intend this post to bash Dalton at all. I think the Bengals can win with him, and even in the playoffs and possibly a Super Bowl. But I also think there are probably 25- 35 other QB's that could also win with this team.
Reply/Quote
Andy.

Without him, we lose three games and then the decision is made to put Mo back at QB. How bad could that be? Well, if it was during last season, Brandon Tate would have then been the #1 WR.

But Mo is a good QB, you say. Keep in mind that Andy is one of his top targets!
Reply/Quote
AJ Green. Next question?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Voted for AJ, when he was out, our passing game went straight down the toilet. That happens again and teams will stack that box to stop Hill and make Andy beat them with his arm.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 10:37 PM)WCStripes Wrote: Voted for AJ, when he was out, our passing game went straight down the toilet. That happens again and teams will stack that box to stop Hill and make Andy beat them with his arm.

Exactly
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 10:37 PM)WCStripes Wrote: Voted for AJ, when he was out, our passing game went straight down the toilet. That happens again and teams will stack that box to stop Hill and make Andy beat them with his arm.

There was more than just Green out. There was the majority of our offensive weapons out. If Green get's injured, and we have other people who can actually get open then we would be fine, but when Green got injured we had to replace him with people like Tate, and Little.
Reply/Quote
Seems to me we are building our offense around Hill and the running game. So--Hill.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 10:52 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Seems to me we are building our offense around Hill and the running game.  So--Hill.

Of course we have Gio
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 10:52 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Seems to me we are building our offense around Hill and the running game.  So--Hill.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but didn't we make the playoffs 3 times in a row without Hill? Ninja
Reply/Quote
The damn long snapper Ninja
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton.

We had Green gone last year for some time but we still got some out of Sanu.. Now we got Moore as well to help if that happens.. Losing Whit would be devastating but I think Jake Fisher should do good if it happens..

Jeremy Hill could be in consideration as well but Gio is really good too ...
Reply/Quote