Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Favorite Prospect Fit (non-first round)
(03-08-2024, 07:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: See I disagree there… I think he’s gonna be a good yards after contact player. Hayden hurst with Cincy but better.

I agree with Synric. He pretty much hit the nail on the head.
Reply/Quote
Zach Frazier is really growing on me. Team captain with a bunch of starting experience. Smart as hell. Dominant wrestler. Plays with an edge. I think I like him more than JPJ. The short arms scare me being 1/4” longer than Billy price. But I think price had other issues.

If he is there in the 2nd. It would be hard for me to pass up the chance to grab Karras’ successor since he is a free agent after this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 08:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Zach Frazier is really growing on me. Team captain with a bunch of starting experience. Smart as hell. Dominant wrestler. Plays with an edge. I think I like him more than JPJ. The short arms scare me being 1/4” longer than Billy price. But I think price had other issues.

If he is there in the 2nd. It would be hard for me to pass up the chance to grab Karras’ successor since he is a free agent after this year.

Zach Frazier last drive of the year vs Baylor broke his leg. To avoid the critical 10 second run-off he did a 3-point bear crawl off the field.

Edit: WVU doesn't have captains its a Neal Brown thing but if they did Frazier would have been one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sweat, He fits a position of need. Won't be there at 49 though.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 08:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Zach Frazier last drive of the year vs Baylor broke his leg. To avoid the critical 10 second run-off he did a 3-point bear crawl off the field.

Edit: WVU doesn't have captains its a Neal Brown thing but if they did Frazier would have been one.

Wow. Didn’t know that about the broken leg maniac stuff. Makes me like him even more if he has a clean bill of health.

Got that from their own site calling him a 3 time team captain.

https://wvusports.com/sports/football/roster/zach-frazier/17041

How do you feel about him. Is he first or second round material?
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 07:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pretty sure the late round guy that we're talking about is pure NT material.  6'3" 343#, so that would give us one of each spot on the PS.

Yes, Evan Anderson would be a good one for Hobby to work with. These can be underrated players at the back of your roster.

Would be nice to have both a 3-tech like Maxwell and a monster NT like Anderson on our PS.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 08:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Zach Frazier last drive of the year vs Baylor broke his leg. To avoid the critical 10 second run-off he did a 3-point bear crawl off the field.

Wild, that shows some mad heart, I want Frazier on our team just because of that, but he is a damn fine player as well from how 
much you have talked him up for the last year or so.

(03-08-2024, 11:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow. Didn’t know that about the broken leg maniac stuff. Makes me like him even more if he has a clean bill of health.

Got that from their own site calling him a 3 time team captain.

https://wvusports.com/sports/football/roster/zach-frazier/17041

How do you feel about him. Is he first or second round material?

With him breaking his leg like that, he will probably take some time, so he would most likely be a mid to late rounder like Zinter.
Reply/Quote

Broken leg, you say? Too small
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Stover , he just plays so hard and could be a 2way player
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 08:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Zach Frazier is really growing on me. Team captain with a bunch of starting experience. Smart as hell. Dominant wrestler. Plays with an edge. I think I like him more than JPJ. The short arms scare me being 1/4” longer than Billy price. But I think price had other issues.

I believe that when the college season ended. Zach was the no 1 rated Center.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:51 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Cade stover as a shock to nobody…. Dude is a 2 time captain. At Ohio state, played lber and de, and is still learning the position. But dude is a baller who breaks tackles with ease and his ability to high and low point balls is almost unrivaled in this class. He’s such a goo fit for what we want to do and would be plug and play here. He’s also a very god blocker. But since he’s osu and I’m called bias I’ll add one more.

Graham Barton. I don’t understand why he’s not getting mid first round buzz, but it makes no sense to me. He can play all 5 spots in the oline, would mainly play center for us, was the only olineman in 2022 to be given a run and pass block grade of 85+. He is the most underrated olineman in this class even with a high second round projection. He’d be a plug and play at whatever position, and then can provide high quality play at all 5 spots

I like this Stover kid a lot

I also love the TE, Tanner McLachlan outnif AZ as a 5th ot 6th rounder

The South Dakota State kid, Hein, is one to watch as well.
Reply/Quote
It is hard to pick out just one because I believe there are many good fits at different levels of the draft. 

Day 2 prospects:

Graham Barton - I agree with those that have wondered why he is not getting more 1st round consideration as I feel he is the best center/guard prospect in the draft and if I was sitting anywhere from 25 down and needed interior line help he would be the selection. Strength to play in a man scheme and athleticism to play in a wide zone.

Ruke Orhorhoro - I personally believe he is the highest upside DT prospect in the draft and I will not be shocked in years to come when it is looked back at that he will be the best DT to come out of this draft.

Zak Zinter - The Bengals need to plan for the future on the interior line and Zinter is just an outstanding prospect for the interior line

RDs. 5 - 7

Isaac Guerendo - I think this is the kid the Bengals need to replace Mixon and I believe him and Brown would compliment each other very well.

Elijah Jones - Absolute ball hawk.

Tanner McLachlan - Could be one of the most underrated TE prospects in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Bengals twitter finally figured out there are other nose tackles in the draft class besides T'Vondre Sweat. Also we need some more prospect positional threads.

Here's some McKinnley Jackson!

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Not a fan of Sweat unless in fourth round. Not what we need.

Jaylen Harrel is a sleeper as a late round draft pick.

Sainristril in the second would be perfect, got first round praise during season. Would be perfect complement to secondary. Absolute baller.

Eric All in the Fifth or later. Would be talked about more if he didn’t have issues at Michigan. He is serious about his pro career. Has receiver like qualities and could play flanker which is what we have been missing. Think hurst but could hit mid zone better and can run deep routes.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Looks like Bengals twitter finally figured out there are other nose tackles in the draft class besides T'Vondre Sweat. Also we need some more prospect positional threads.

Here's some McKinnley Jackson!

The way FA has played out; I've turned my attention to a mid-later RD DT.

You should know quite a bit about Jordan Jefferson; as he spent 4-years at UWV. I've read he is quick, but struggles with leverage allows him to get overpowered at times. 

I'd venture to say "overpower" issue is not due to lack of power; as he put up 34 reps w/ 33"+ Arms. I've also seen he has a max bench of 500 and a squat of 695. He was also a State Championship wrestler, so talk of inability to use leverage really surprises me. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 03:58 PM)DYT-Flyer Wrote: Not a fan of Sweat unless in fourth round. Not what we need.

Jaylen Harrel is a sleeper as a late round draft pick.

Sainristril in the second would be perfect, got first round praise during season. Would be perfect complement to secondary. Absolute baller.

Eric All in the Fifth or later. Would be talked about more if he didn’t have issues at Michigan. He is serious about his pro career. Has receiver like qualities and could play flanker which is what we have been missing. Think hurst but could hit mid zone better and can run deep routes.

Sorry how is sweat not what we need?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:31 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Mike Sanristil out of Michigan. Kid is a fearless hitter and i see him as a replacement for Hilton when his contract is up next year.

That’s dax hill. U want another :/
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 07:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Sorry how is sweat not what we need?

If we sign Tart, then its not an immediate need but it always seems that mammoth nose tackles can be signed for cheap. We have other needs in the second.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 11:07 PM)DYT-Flyer Wrote: If we sign Tart, then its not an immediate need but it always seems that mammoth nose tackles can be signed for cheap. We have other needs in the second.

Like? Also sweat is more than just a nose, he’s likely gone by pick 30.
Reply/Quote
Nickelback, Wide Receiver, Oline
Reply/Quote