Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your Favorite Prospect Fit (non-first round)
By position group

Theo Johnson - Penn State - TE

Big, Powerful, Fast, and Growing. High upside potential

Jaylen Wright - Tennessee - RB

My favorite back in the class with great contact balance and elite long speed. Kind of plays the same role as Moss, but I like great players and I had to list him.

Isaac Guerendo - Louisville - RB

6', 220lbs, 4.33 forty, has the frame to be a high-volume guy and a good compliment to our backs

Braelon Allen - Wisconsin - RB

6'1" 240lbs, a Better version of AJ Dillion. Gives me Brandon Jacobs vibes. Short yardage/low volume Thumper

Receivers

Ladd McConkey, Ricky Pearsall, Malachi Corley, Roman Wilson, Xavier Lagette. These are names that most people are familiar with who could find a role on this team.

Anthony Gould - Oregon State - What I like about Anthony is the fact he has nearly a 40 inch vert and 4.39 speed. Even being a smaller guy, he's someone you give 4 or 5 routes, let him burn down the sideline, and come down with the ball. I think he's the type of guy that would work perfectly with Joey B.

Ainias Smith - Texas A/M - hybrid WR/RB, great in the slot, can be that gadget guy. I also just love his work ethic and attitude. Better Andrew Hawkins?

Defensive Tackles

Weak Class, but Two guys who can possibly be that Run Stopper

T'vondre Sweat
Mckinnley Jackson

Other notable DT's with some upside Braden Fiske, Ruke Orhorhoro

Cornerbacks

Renardo Green, MJ Devonshire, Willie Drew

Quan'Tez Stiggers - Dropped out of college due to father dying in a car accident, played for Toronto CFL where he earned rookie MVP and Allstar. My ultimate sleeper in this draft.

Offensive Line

Kiran Amegadjie, Zak Minter, Christian Mahogany, Tanor Bortolini

Punter Tory Taylor, Former Rugby Player from Melbourne, Absolute unit of a punter lol

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:18 AM)DYT-Flyer Wrote: Nickelback, Wide Receiver, Oline

Why do we need a crappy Canadian Rock band? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 03:58 PM)DYT-Flyer Wrote: Not a fan of Sweat unless in fourth round. Not what we need.

Jaylen Harrel is a sleeper as a late round draft pick.

Sainristril in the second would be perfect, got first round praise during season. Would be perfect complement to secondary. Absolute baller.

Eric All in the Fifth or later. Would be talked about more if he didn’t have issues at Michigan. He is serious about his pro career. Has receiver like qualities and could play flanker which is what we have been missing. Think hurst but could hit mid zone better and can run deep routes.

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaahaahahahhaahahahhaahaaahahahaaaaaaaahahahaahahahaaaaahaahaaahhahahahahaahaaahhaahaahahaaahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaahahahs

Hahahahahaahahaahaahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahaahahaahahahahaahahhhhhaahaahaahahaaaahhaaaaahahaahhahahaahahhaahaahahaahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhaahahahaahhahaahahahhahahahaha

Bro I love ya cuz u a bengals fan but what u mean Sweat isn’t what we need? He’s probably the very 1 player we need to draft lol
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 03:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Looks like Bengals twitter finally figured out there are other nose tackles in the draft class besides T'Vondre Sweat. Also we need some more prospect positional threads.

Here's some McKinnley Jackson!

That is a tough guy to move in the middle alright. Low man wins and McKinnley is pretty much always to low man winning.
Reply/Quote
Zach Frazier Center out of WV. Dude is a beast. I think he would drastically improve our line allowing Karras to move to LG where I think he plays better. Nothing against Frazier, one of my favorite Bengals, and players in the league overall. Would just like to see him playing G. It’s been wayyy too long since we had a stud true Center. Make it happen Duke.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 12:18 AM)DYT-Flyer Wrote: Nickelback, Wide Receiver, Oline

Sorry man, but I couldn't disagree more with your order of priorities for the Bengals in the draft.  You have OL listed 3rd, when it clearly should be 1st, followed by NT and then BPA that fits from there on out in my opinion.  It's been leaked that Teair Tart was not a good personality fit for the team, so no shot of him becoming a Bengal.  The RT market is about dried up, and that is why I have OL, specifically RT as my #1 draft priority for the Bengals this season.  Nickleback is already on the team, Dax Hill will move into that spot when Mike Hilton goes off for his final contract elsewhere, and WR can be found throughout the draft as it's a very heavy class.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 07:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry man, but I couldn't disagree more with your order of priorities for the Bengals in the draft.  You have OL listed 3rd, when it clearly should be 1st, followed by NT and then BPA that fits from there on out in my opinion.  It's been leaked that Teair Tart was not a good personality fit for the team, so no shot of him becoming a Bengal.  The RT market is about dried up, and that is why I have OL, specifically RT as my #1 draft priority for the Bengals this season.  Nickleback is already on the team, Dax Hill will move into that spot when Mike Hilton goes off for his final contract elsewhere, and WR can be found throughout the draft as it's a very heavy class.

I have it as RT, then WR personally.

We still need a replacement for Boyd, and he has played between 72% and 77% of the offensive snaps in games he's been available for over the past three years.  He's actually only played less than 70% of the snaps in games he's dressed twice, 68% his rookie year and 47% his second year while he was in Marvin's dog house.

Reader has actually only played over 70% of the snaps in games he's dressed for in his career once, and has only played between 58% and 60% of those snaps the past three years.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 12:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: I have it as RT, then WR personally.

We still need a replacement for Boyd, and he has played between 72% and 77% of the offensive snaps in games he's been available for over the past three years.  He's actually only played less than 70% of the snaps in games he's dressed twice, 68% his rookie year and 47% his second year while he was in Marvin's dog house.

Reader has actually only played over 70% of the snaps in games he's dressed for in his career once, and has only played between 58% and 60% of those snaps the past three years.  

All that means is that he did a good job on 1st and 2nd down and that the opponent must have in a passing situation on 3rd down, as they typically sub in some quickness and agility for boosting the pass rush. It's not unlike bringing the big LB off the field in favor an extra DB in the same situation.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 04:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The way FA has played out; I've turned my attention to a mid-later RD DT.

You should know quite a bit about Jordan Jefferson; as he spent 4-years at UWV. I've read he is quick, but struggles with leverage allows him to get overpowered at times. 

I'd venture to say "overpower" issue is not due to lack of power; as he put up 34 reps w/ 33"+ Arms. I've also seen he has a max bench of 500 and a squat of 695. He was also a State Championship wrestler, so talk of inability to use leverage really surprises me. 

I spent more time than I should have looking at UWV thinking "Wait Jefferson played at WVU" lololol. Jefferson is one of the prospects I have to come to terms with him being a 310+ DT compared to the 290lb NT he was first first couple of years at WVU.

As for leverage he does pop upright sometimes but I believe they are just talking about his inconsistencies leveraging his gap ummm must holding his gap in Gap Cancel. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Any cool names in this upcoming draft? Like a Rambo or John Conner?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 03:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Any cool names in this upcoming draft?  Like a Rambo or John Conner?

storm duck

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 12:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All that means is that he did a good job on 1st and 2nd down and that the opponent must have in a passing situation on 3rd down, as they typically sub in some quickness and agility for boosting the pass rush. It's not unlike bringing the big LB off the field in favor an extra DB in the same situation.

We had one of the worst run D's in the league last year and he played 58% of the snaps in the games he dressed for, right in line with his average.  The efficacy of the run D has no bearing on his snap count.

In reality, the big, oversized 0 tech becomes a liability in passing situations in what's becoming more and more a passing league, doesn't offer much to help you against dual threat QB's that teams are relying on generate rush yardage, and they get gassed quickly and need to be subbed out often.

That leads us to a point where you have to look at your return on investment when spending your premium draft capital and decide if you're better off spending it on a guy that will play 60% of the snaps at best, or a guy who will play 70-80-90-100% at a different position.  
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 09:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: We had one of the worst run D's in the league last year and he played 58% of the snaps in the games he dressed for, right in line with his average.  The efficacy of the run D has no bearing on his snap count.

In reality, the big, oversized 0 tech becomes a liability in passing situations in what's becoming more and more a passing league, doesn't offer much to help you against dual threat QB's that teams are relying on generate rush yardage, and they get gassed quickly and need to be subbed out often.

That leads us to a point where you have to look at your return on investment when spending your premium draft capital and decide if you're better off spending it on a guy that will play 60% of the snaps at best, or a guy who will play 70-80-90-100% at a different position.  

Weather you see paying a NT as a good value or not, the division that we play in pretty much demands that we have and use one versus their offenses if we want to have any chance of competing with them.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 09:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Weather you see paying a NT as a good value or not, the division that we play in pretty much demands that we have and use one versus their offenses if we want to have any chance of competing with them.

You play 6 games within your division and nearly twice as many outside it.  Beyond that, the rest of the AFCN has been trash in the playoffs for the last decade, so how much do you really want to key on those teams when those elements are not going to help you much in the playoffs?  Are we trying to win a SB or replicate Marvin's 5 straight one and done's?

Beyond that, the easiest way to put a crimp in the other team's rushing attack is to get a 2 possession lead.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 02:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: You play 6 games within your division and nearly twice as many outside it.  Beyond that, the rest of the AFCN has been trash in the playoffs for the last decade, so how much do you really want to key on those teams when those elements are not going to help you much in the playoffs?  Are we trying to win a SB or replicate Marvin's 5 straight one and done's?

Beyond that, the easiest way to put a crimp in the other team's rushing attack is to get a 2 possession lead.

Really good points. I just wish we would win half our games against our Division, but yeah, we want to be built to win a Super Bowl
more than just winning our Division, because the rest of our Division has not been good in the Playoffs and we have been. Who is your
favorite WR in the class that we have a reality of getting Whatever?
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 02:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: You play 6 games within your division and nearly twice as many outside it.  Beyond that, the rest of the AFCN has been trash in the playoffs for the last decade, so how much do you really want to key on those teams when those elements are not going to help you much in the playoffs?  Are we trying to win a SB or replicate Marvin's 5 straight one and done's?

It is true that a team only plays 6 divisional games, which is why it is important to win those games. This year will be the same as last year and the one before, the overall Win-Loss records will be tight, second tie breaker is divisional record. Rolleyes

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 03:59 PM)Okeana Wrote: storm duck

Ahh Yes…the son of the late great “Long Duck Dong”.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 11:39 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ahh Yes…the son of the late great “Long Duck Dong”.

Reps for this, man that dude made me laugh in 16 Candles lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
A lot of good stuff here and names I like: Sweat, Stover, Sinnott, Bell, Sainstril, Fiske, Jenkins, Hart, K. Jackson.

I will go with 2 not mentioned yet.

R. Wilson, WR, Michigan. This a Boyd upgrade. We get more explosive. Probably needs Rd2 pick.

M. Jackson, DT/NT, Texas A&M.

Low center of gravity, non-stop motor. Likely needs Rd2 also. Maybe could gamble for Rd3, but we need a run stopper badly.
Reply/Quote