Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who is your favorite prospect?
(02-05-2021, 05:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One has to imagine the reason is because while Burrow might be good, Lawrence might end up being that much better.

Possibly. Who knows. It’s just weird to me that people are acting like Burrow is Josh Rosen or something. We have our QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Osa Odighiuzwa DT/DE from UCLA

player comp- Michael Bennett who used to play for the Seahawks.

Fit for Bengals- base 3-4 end or 4-3 End; Nickle interior pass rusher maybe full time 3T.

He is only 6-2 280 but he has long arms(34 inches) and a huge wingspan(84 inches).
Former state champion wrestler in Highschool.
He is explosive and understands leverage
Won best defensive lineman for his team in the senior Bowl practice
had the highest PFF rating for a defensive player in the senior Bowl.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 04:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought a lot of your takes on Dalton were pretty fair, but between your Watson thread and now this I’m starting to think you just always want a new QB no matter what lol

Go back reread the perimeters of the OP and tell me why my answer is not the best prospect in this draft.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Go back reread the perimeters of the OP and tell me why my answer is not the best prospect in this draft.

Man do people have to be insanely specific and literal around here...

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man do people have to be insanely specific and literal around here...

Nope, that's never been a requirement. 

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, that's never been a requirement. 

I just didn’t think Ocho was really asking who everyone thought the top prospect was. That would obviously result in a bunch of Trevor Lawrence answers, and not be much of a thread.

Reply/Quote
Parson
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 02:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: In a perfect world where we added actual top end talent to the OL through FA then these 2 are my guys. I go back and forth on who I want more. Chase has the chemistry with Burrow like you said, and seeing what Justin Jefferson did as a rookie (who Chase was better than in 2019) makes me drool thinking about what Chase will do in the NFL.

Pitts brings a dimension we don’t really have though. And would help with our troubles in the red zone (not that Chase wouldn’t). I was watching the Orange and Black Insider podcast last night and John Sheeran actually said he thinks Pitts might be the prospect in this draft with the least amount of risk after Trevor Lawrence. Pretty bold statement, but like I’ve been constantly arguing to people on here that are stuck in an outdated mindset of not valuing a TE that high, Pitts is a really special prospect.

If I’m forced to give and answer right now...I’d guess I’d go with Chase. But it’s really close.

I wouldn't be mad if we took either of those two.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 11:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just didn’t think Ocho was really asking who everyone thought the top prospect was. That would obviously result in a bunch of Trevor Lawrence answers, and not be much of a thread.

I'm sure some would still find a way to call others "wrong". 

I just answered the question posed in the OP. 

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 11:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just didn’t think Ocho was really asking who everyone thought the top prospect was. That would obviously result in a bunch of Trevor Lawrence answers, and not be much of a thread.

If Lawrence is someone's favorite prospect and that's who they'd want to draft in an ideal world, that's fine.
I personally didn't go that way, but I can see why someone thinks that way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I am in the early stages of becoming familiar with players for 2021 draft. So far my favorite prospect is not the most talented or even an early pick. He is a later pick and my not get drafted at all.

His name is Paul Grattan IOL from Villanova/UCLA. This guy plays with nasty and goes after opposing team players to punish them. One of the scouts stated that this kid goes full bore and sometimes after the whistle to put his opponent on the ground. I like these old lunch pale type of players. I think Rich Braham was that way.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 01:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In an ideal world where the Bengals don't have any needs whatsoever and can take any player, who is the one player you would most want them to draft?

Mine is Kyle Pitts.

No Brainer,it has to be Chase,the best player coming out.He is a game-changer, an O-linemen is not,you can get top quality linemen rounds 2 and later. A guy like Chase will be a pro-bowler and he scores points for you., linemen do not.With Chase our receivers will be epic. A guy like him only comes around every great once in a while. Him and Burrow together will be awesome. Draft a lineman LATER,GET THE GAME CHANGER,IF THEY pass on this guy they are stupid.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 06:03 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: No Brainer,it has to be Chase,the best player coming out.He is a game-changer, an O-linemen is not,you can get top quality linemen rounds 2 and later. A guy like Chase will be a pro-bowler and he scores points for you., linemen do not.With Chase our receivers will be epic. A guy like him only comes around every great once in a while. Him and Burrow together will be awesome. Draft a lineman LATER,GET THE GAME CHANGER,IF THEY pass on this guy they are stupid.

Did you happen to watch the Super Bowl? How did all those KC Game Changers do with that patchwork line?

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you happen to watch the Super Bowl? How did all those KC Game Changers do with that patchwork line?

That was definitely a case for trenches, trenches, trenches, last night. No doubt about it.

Reply/Quote
Zaven Collins...that’s my dude.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 06:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Zaven Collins...that’s my dude.

I loved Jamie Collins coming out of SMU and Zaven Collins reminds me of him. I wonder if there's any relation. I'd love for him to slide to the 2nd but I'm pretty sure he'll be replacing Bud Dupree

Reply/Quote
I kind of started to fall in love with Joseph Ossai last night after watching clips of him. I’m not sure he isn’t a top 10 guy, at least from the couple games I watched. I haven’t seen many guys give the kind of effort he does. And he is loaded with all the physical tools. I think I found the top 10 pass rusher I’ve been looking for. There are supposedly a lot of 1st round potential edge guys in this class. Would love for him to fall to the second but I wouldn’t complain if we took him at 5 with what I have seen so far.
Reply/Quote
Rousseau.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 06:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I loved Jamie Collins coming out of SMU and Zaven Collins reminds me of him. I wonder if there's any relation. I'd love for him to slide to the 2nd but I'm pretty sure he'll be replacing Bud Dupree

you mean Southern Miss and not SMU right?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 01:57 AM)pulses Wrote: you mean Southern Miss and not SMU right?

I was using initials for Southern Miss University. Of course I should have typed USM 

Reply/Quote