Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Who on this board has played in the NFL?
(10-15-2019, 10:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wondered that myself ? Joe from flo seemed convinced he was the real deal. Stofa didn't post much and I don't really remember being blown away by his insight.

Perhaps it was Denny ?  Hilarious

No I don't think Denny was on the board until maybe 07 ? not sure

I remember on the mother ship smack forum there was someone who was adamant that they received a Christmas card every year from "The Roonies"  Hilarious
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
In my early-mid 20's I lived in the campus area of Columbus when AJ Hawk, Bobby Carpenter, and Anthony Schlegel were at OSU. I had long hair and was 6'3", 240 at around 10% body fat and people would mistake me for them constantly.

I have met Bobby through friends during his college days(,pretty much everybody in Lancaster knows him). Nice guy. I remember a girl he went to high school with busting his balls and he made the comment "I love it, up in Columbus I'm big man on campus. I come home and I'm just another schmuck."

I met Joe Germaine through my sister. His apartment was a couple of doors down from hers. One of her grad school friends is married to a 5 year NFL vet who played for the Steelers and Panthers. He actually got to play in a SB.

My brother in law knew Dhani Jones from his days at UM. They were in the same dorm.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 01:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I remember on the mother ship smack forum there was someone who was adamant that they received a Christmas card every year from "The Roonies"  Hilarious

Was it that Bengirlsmaher ? "she" always claimed to be a Pukesburgh insider.
Reply/Quote
Verified NFL player's / relatives that I know of on this board:

The real Nick Vigil joined the board shortly after he was drafted. It lasted for about 3 days before he asked that his account be deleted. While he didn't give a specific reason, I'm assuming he looked through some of the Vigil threads and changed his mind about interacting with us.  Nervous

AJ McCarron's cousin is a member, although I don't think he posts anymore.

Christian Westerman's father joined and I exchanged one email with him, but he never posted.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I played high school ball with Alan Wenglikowski.  He kept his weight down to wrestle and run track in high school and played safety/RB.  He went to Pitt (when Marino was there); bulked up to 230 and started at DE/OLB opposite Chris Doleman.  He was drafted by Kansas City; slimmed back down to about 215 and stuck around for a few years as a special teams player with the Chiefs and Bills.

I played college ball at Carson Newman.  It was a very small school, but they had a legendary coach in Ken Sparks.  He won 339 games, made the playoffs 22 times, played in 8 championship games, and won 4.  While there I played with Van Williams, a RB who played for the Bills and Giants, and Boyce Green who was the Browns leading rusher in 1984 and later played for the Seahawks and Chiefs.

I was a good high school player (LB), but I was just not motivated in college.  It was not as much fun, and I realized that college was going to be about classwork instead of football for me.  I was actually able to set a couple of team records, but they involved masturbation and bong hits, so I transfered to a larger school (UT-Chattanooga) to finish my undergraduate degree.

Another career cut short by the dreaded pulled groin. Or as they say in the south, pulled “grow in.”
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Verified NFL player's / relatives that I know of on this board:

The real Nick Vigil joined the board shortly after he was drafted. It lasted for about 3 days before he asked that his account be deleted. While he didn't give a specific reason, I'm assuming he looked through some of the Vigil threads and changed his mind about interacting with us.  Nervous

Christian Westerman's father joined and I exchanged one email with him, but he never posted.

Wasn't Shayne Graham's sister on the old boards as "BengalSis?"  Michelle, I think...what a sweet and kind woman.

Is Carlos Dunlap Sr. really Carlos Dunlap's father?

Former coach Dave Shula posted on the old board a few times.

Looking at some of these threads I have concluded Mike Brown posts on here under about five different aliases.
Reply/Quote
I have not played in the NFL. I also have limited knowledge of NFL systems, players, and contemporary training methods.

I did however meet Zac Taylor's father whilst waiting in a queue for groceries once.

So i will be coaching the Bengals OL next year in all likelihood
Reply/Quote
No football but did play baseball in college and 3 years for the Scrappers in minor league.
Reply/Quote
Baseball has always been my first love when it comes to playing and football is my favorite to watch. With that said, I played 3 years of college baseball and then rode off into the sunset.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Verified NFL player's / relatives that I know of on this board:

Well, you know all the good stuff.

For a player to read/post here would take an amazingly thick skin.

Reply/Quote
I think Jeff Driskel has like 6 active accounts on here, based on the posts.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:44 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Wasn't Shayne Graham's sister on the old boards as "BengalSis?"  Michelle, I think...what a sweet and kind woman.

Is Carlos Dunlap Sr. really Carlos Dunlap's father?

Former coach Dave Shula posted on the old board a few times.

Looking at some of these threads I have concluded Mike Brown posts on here under about five different aliases.

There was a dude on the Mothership (Torro) that claimed to be Michael Johnson's father

There was another who claimed to be the father of Chase Coffman's fiance (not sure why anyone would make that up)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I beat Carlos Snow in track. Not sure if anyone remembers him. He was kinda a big deal back in the day. Went on to play for The Ohio State Buckeyes. Then blew his knee out and other issues with his hip.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 02:54 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I have not played in the NFL.  I also have limited knowledge of NFL systems, players, and contemporary training methods.

I did however meet Zac Taylor's father whilst waiting in a queue for groceries once.

So i will be coaching the Bengals OL next year in all likelihood

You may actually be too qualified.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 08:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There was a dude on the Mothership (Torro) that claimed to be Michael Johnson's father

There was another who claimed to be the father of Chase Coffman's fiance (not sure why anyone would make that up)

Both were who they said they were.

Chase's father in law (Mizzoubengal, or something like that), bailed pretty quickly because of people's reactions to Chase on Hard Knocks.  He got pretty agitated with a number of people trolling him by calling Chase stupid, etc. because he had kept having to do push ups.

torro was pretty regular up until MJ went to Tampa.  He did show up once to check in during that period and say hi to everyone.  If I recall correctly, he only made a handful of posts after MJ's return to the team.  There was a contingent who went on and on about it being a terrible move to bring him back, and I think that soured him on being on the board.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 10:32 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Both were who they said they were.

Chase's father in law (Mizzoubengal, or something like that), bailed pretty quickly because of people's reactions to Chase on Hard Knocks.  He got pretty agitated with a number of people trolling him by calling Chase stupid, etc. because he had kept having to do push ups.

torro was pretty regular up until MJ went to Tampa.  He did show up once to check in during that period and say hi to everyone.  If I recall correctly, he only made a handful of posts after MJ's return to the team.  There was a contingent who went on and on about it being a terrible move to bring him back, and I think that soured him on being on the board.

Odd. Bringing MJ back was a good move atleast initially. I miss those days.
Reply/Quote
This thread is pretty hilarious
Reply/Quote

I remember Willie Anderson said him and some other players would check the boards back in 05-06. I can't imagine a player ever joining and interacting with fans on a message board.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 01:16 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I remember Willie Anderson said him and some other players would check the boards back in 05-06. I can't imagine a player ever joining and interacting with fans on a message board.

I always just imagined all of the obvious troll accounts were players who joined, and then went over the edge, once they saw how we actually talk about them.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 01:16 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote:  I can't imagine a player ever joining and interacting with fans on a message board.

This.

It would be like an adult going on a middle school message board for relationship advice. 
Reply/Quote