Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Calling the Shots for the Bengals? Hint: It's a 5-headed Monster
Not really a simple answer:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I think it's the Blackburn's that run it the sad thing is though there just a younger version of Mike.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I knew we would have to be patient with the new HC but if he is getting sabotaged by Mikey and now dipshite Troy there really isn't a point honestly. This will always be my team but these better be some damn good coaches to coach up what we have and rookies into a contender. It is not going to happen without great coaching.

Sometimes you need to add some major talent to put you over the hump if you are not a great coach.

Even then most of the time it doesn't work.
Reply/Quote
Why would this group need to meet every day when they rarely make decisions? This sounds like a meeting just to have a meeting, paralysis by analysis. These are useless business people if they need to do this.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I knew we would have to be patient with the new HC but if he is getting sabotaged by Mikey and now dipshite Troy there really isn't a point honestly. This will always be my team but these better be some damn good coaches to coach up what we have and rookies into a contender. It is not going to happen without great coaching.

Sometimes you need to add some major talent to put you over the hump if you are not a great coach.

Even then most of the time it doesn't work.

What kind of organization has employees meet with the Manager daily? Sounds like micromanagement. Do things really change that much daily?

ZT represented a change in culture. What do they do? They put him in a room with Bengals Management who hasn't won a playoff game for 27+ years daily.

This is insane. Other owners do not meet with their coaches daily.

That's management for like an assembly line in the 1940's.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:39 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Why would this group need to meet every day when they rarely make decisions? This sounds like a meeting just to have a meeting, paralysis by analysis. These are useless business people if they need to do this.

Precisely. Let the staff have autonomy.

Could you imagine Bill Cowher or Tom Coughlin coming in and meeting with Mike Brown daily? That would NEVER happen.

Could you imagine Del Rio doing it?

I think we're seeing why Marvin lasted here so long and why we hired inexperienced guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely. Let the staff have autonomy.

Could you imagine Bill Cowher or Tom Coughlin coming in and meeting with Mike Brown daily? That would NEVER happen.

Could you imagine Del Rio doing it?

I think we're seeing why Marvin lasted here so long and why we hired inexperienced guys.

Im betting its an exaggeration considering Zac Taylor has been on the pro day tour for the last month. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
1. How does the process in free agency work with a franchise like Cincinnati?

"We sit down and talk about our roster in and out. What is best for us? What do you think? What do you think? ‘OK we like this guy, let’s pursue this guy.’ It has been as clear and open communication as I’ve ever been around. I’ve got a ton or respect for (Bengals player personnel director) Duke (Tobin) and his staff. They are diligent workers. Tireless. It’s been a really fun process for the whole coaching staff. There’s no egos involved. That’s the key. Everyone can say how they feel. Have an open discussion about it and then proceed accordingly. That’s been really fun to go through with Duke and his staff."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/03/26/cincinnati-bengals-zac-taylor-nfl-owners-meetings-andy-dalton-bobby-hart/3283660002/
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 09:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

Marvin was Troy and Katie's choice when he was hired.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 12:03 AM)McC Wrote: Marvin was Troy and Katie's choice when he was hired.

That's what I recall too. MB actually liked Coughlin who would only come with more scouts added and presumably a GM.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown- so hows the roster looking
Taylor - hmm we still don’t have a linebacker that can cover or a right tackle
Troy - we will sign Hart he was stellar last year
Kate - and re sign Brown he had one int last year n was injured all year
Taylor - they both were subpar last year when I rewatched the tape
Troy - we will give them both 21 million dollar contracts then
Mike Brown - yes , fans will love these huge dollar signings no longer say I’m cheap
Taylor - Dalton kinda sucks, a high school QB can do a better job leading this team
Mike Brown - Fred Toast n bake n shake say Dalton is irreplaceable and if you give him a pro bowl running back , wide receivers, TE , Whit, Zeitler , Martin , Faneca n Big Willie n a third WR like Antonio Brown Dalton can lead this team to the first round of the playoffs !!! He is not the problem.
Taylor - remember when he fumbled in the playoffs against the Chargers by diving with no one around n he lost the ball
Troy - sign him to billion dollar contract ASAP !!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Don't be too hard on Taylor. He sounds optimistic, and is excited as a new NFL coach. The real sign of where this season is heading will be indicated by the draft.

They may move on from Hart after this year if he continues to struggle and may even move on from certain coaches. This is a time to be hopeful.

However, I will be anticipating the draft and will probably be drunk on that day. Drunk
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Honestly, we have too many starting holes to fill via the draft unless we hit on a 3rd Round pick or lower. We're going to be starting atleast some bad starters at key positions this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 10:39 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Why would this group need to meet every day when they rarely make decisions? This sounds like a meeting just to have a meeting, paralysis by analysis. These are useless business people if they need to do this.

not much else to do right now...   

Expect Meet about the Draft and Free agency and extenstions.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 11:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Im betting its an exaggeration considering Zac Taylor has been on the pro day tour for the last month. 

with it being 2019 you don't have to be in the same country/state/room to have a meeting
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 02:50 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Mike Brown- so hows the roster looking
Taylor - hmm we still don’t have a linebacker that can cover or a right tackle
Troy - we will sign Hart he was stellar last year
Kate - and re sign Brown he had one int last year n was injured all year
Taylor - they both were subpar last year when I rewatched the tape
Troy - we will give them both 21 million dollar contracts then
Mike Brown - yes , fans will love these huge dollar signings no longer say I’m cheap
Taylor - Dalton kinda sucks, a high school QB can do a better job leading this team
Mike Brown - Fred Toast n bake n shake say Dalton is irreplaceable and if you give him a pro bowl running back , wide receivers, TE , Whit, Zeitler , Martin , Faneca n Big Willie  n a third WR like Antonio Brown Dalton can lead this team to the first round of the playoffs !!!  He is not the problem.
Taylor - remember when he fumbled in the playoffs against the Chargers by diving with no one around n he lost the ball
Troy - sign him to billion dollar contract ASAP !!!!!!

So what you're saying is that you don't think we should try and surround our QB with the best possible talent that we can. Bold strategy. Our rivals like the Steelers have done almost that for their QB in recent years; Pro Bowl RB, Pro Bowl WRs, Pro Bowl TE, Pro Bowl OLineman. Maybe that's why they kick the shit out of us all the time. Another of our rivals seems to be trying to do the same thing. Adding a Pro Bowl RB, Pro Bowl WR.

Is it just because you hate Dalton so much that having Pro Bowl players around him is a bad idea or you just have some insight into how to build a team that none of us have figured out? To me, it seems that protecting your QB and providing him with talent seems to be something a lot, if not all, of the NFL teams try to do.
Reply/Quote