Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's Going To The Game?! What Are You Doing Pre-Game?!
I was going to sell my tickets, but my best friend from childhood (and first ever friend) said something in our group text about wanting to go, so now we're going to go!

He doesn't drink anymore but we're still going to go somewhere before so I can pre-game. We'll probably just head downtown and I'd love to meet anyone from the board!

Is anyone else going? Are you pre-gaming anywhere? Is anyone tailgating? Our crew doesn't tailgate anymore like we did back in the Palmer/Dalton days, but I might post on Facebook to see if anybody I know tailgates.

Let me know if anyone else is going and if you're doing anything beforehand!

If you're going but not tailgating, feel free to stop by the crippled section to see me! Visitor's sidelines between the 30s but not sure where!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Nobody's going to the game?

WTF
Reply/Quote
I plan on watching the game at home. Too expensive for tickets. Besides, I like the TV coverage much better than being there.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I plan on weeping openly pre-game.

Every time the Bills and Bengals played, I'd meet up with a friend of mine.

She passed just before Christmas.

I still haven't emotionally processed it outside of an outburst of rage when my tattoo artist cancelled our appointment due to weather and when I broke down crying listening to a song that reminded me of her.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 12:21 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I plan on weeping openly pre-game.

I still haven't emotionally processed it outside of an outburst of rage when my tattoo artist cancelled our appointment due to weather and when I broke down crying listening to a song that reminded me of her.

Sorry for your loss man. She’ll be watching with ya from beyond.
Reply/Quote
We come down from Columbus so we try to hit our seats at game time and be out of town ASAP after the clock hits 00:00.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 03:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was going to sell my tickets, but my best friend from childhood (and first ever friend) said something in our group text about wanting to go, so now we're going to go!

He doesn't drink anymore but we're still going to go somewhere before so I can pre-game. We'll probably just head downtown and I'd love to meet anyone from the board!

Is anyone else going? Are you pre-gaming anywhere? Is anyone tailgating? Our crew doesn't tailgate anymore like we did back in the Palmer/Dalton days, but I might post on Facebook to see if anybody I know tailgates.

If you're going but not tailgating, feel free to stop by the crippled section to see me! Visitor's sidelines between the 30s but not sure where!

WHO-DEY!

Reservations at Ruby's for pregame meal, then tailgating in lot 1, bouncing around between street party and the different tailgate scenes. If I see you rolling around, I'm going cow tipping!

I'm kidding! I would love to say hey and meet you!
Reply/Quote

Im sorry to hear that Papa.  
Reply/Quote

So sorry to hear.  Hope the game brings good memories for you and you can focus on the good times you had.  My condolences, my friend.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 03:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was going to sell my tickets, but my best friend from childhood (and first ever friend) said something in our group text about wanting to go, so now we're going to go!

WHO-DEY!

I gave up my season tickets five years ago as a result of a divorce.  We have met before, back in the day, but I hardly go to games any more.  It is just too much for my 90 year old dad.  

If you are going, you need to hit Bengal Jim's tailgate.  It is in that lower parking lot right in front of the stadium (north side).  They will have music and a giant blow up.  Introduce yourself around.  Everyone there is cool as hell.  Maybe you can lead some of them to this board?

Have a great time, my friend.  Should be an amazing time!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Definitely going to game with my son. Season tickets are getting more pricey gotta use em. Any good ideas on tailgating or pregame activities?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 11:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Nobody's going to the game?

WTF

Were this a year ago I would have been right there in PBS with you, but I gave up my seats this past offseason.  I'll enjoy the game while a cat or two sleeps on me in the recliner, with Dan and Lap on the stereo and the GD thread on my laptop.  At its conclusion I'll climb the stairs and try to climb into bed without waking the wife on a work night, all without missing the post-game downtown traffic.  

You go and have a good time, Brad, and help bring home that W.

Tiger
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This might be the saddest thread I have ever read
Reply/Quote
I'll be watching from home. Not sure what I will make pregame....either wings, skyline or maybe order a pizza
Reply/Quote

Sorry brother....... we'll bring home a W for her!
(12-31-2022, 11:09 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Reservations at Ruby's for pregame meal, then tailgating in lot 1, bouncing around between street party and the different tailgate scenes. If I see you rolling around, I'm going cow tipping!

I'm kidding! I would love to say hey and meet you!
[Image: dwayne-johnson-bring-it-on.gif]

Hilarious

Ruby's is a good idea! I'm sure all the reservations are booked by now though!

Don't know where we'll be, but I'll definitely try to come by lot 1 and a few other lots, so everyone needs to come say hi to Champ! I hope I see you!

It's not hard to pick out the cripple that talks with a little brick-size computer!

Hilarious
(12-31-2022, 12:05 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I gave up my season tickets five years ago as a result of a divorce.  We have met before, back in the day, but I hardly go to games any more.  It is just too much for my 90 year old dad.  

If you are going, you need to hit Bengal Jim's tailgate.  It is in that lower parking lot right in front of the stadium (north side).  They will have music and a giant blow up.  Introduce yourself around.  Everyone there is cool as hell.  Maybe you can lead some of them to this board?

Have a great time, my friend.  Should be an amazing time!
I remember brother......... sorry that you can't go! 
(12-31-2022, 12:17 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Definitely going to game with my son. Season tickets are getting more pricey gotta use em. Any good ideas on tailgating or pregame activities?
Yeah......... luckily, I hit a tree and have a little money from that that I can't use for every day things and have to use for things like this.

If money gets tight, become a cripple....... it's completely worth it ThumbsUp

Hilarious
(12-31-2022, 12:33 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Were this a year ago I would have been right there in PBS with you, but I gave up my seats this past offseason.  I'll enjoy the game while a cat or two sleeps on me in the recliner, with Dan and Lap on the stereo and the GD thread on my laptop.  At its conclusion I'll climb the stairs and try to climb into bed without waking the wife on a work night, all without missing the post-game downtown traffic.  

You go and have a good time, Brad, and help bring home that W.

Tiger

Gave them up before the most promising season in thirty years?!

Sucks but enjoy the game at home!

(12-31-2022, 01:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'll be watching from home. Not sure what I will make pregame....either wings, skyline or maybe order a pizza

It's Cincinnati....... you gotta have chili and some wings also would fit!

Chili flavored sauce on the wings!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I’ll be tailgating at the big Bengals head bouncy castle in the corner of the season ticket holder parking lot A
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Gave them up before the most promising season in thirty years?!

Sucks but enjoy the game at home!

I thought about selling for a few years, but we kept having crap seasons, so I kept going and enjoying what I could about it.  When all the tumblers fell into place this past season, I knew it was time to cash out.  I thought I would miss it, but honestly, I'm glad I no longer have the hassle.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 05:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I thought about selling for a few years, but we kept having crap seasons, so I kept going and enjoying what I could about it.  When all the tumblers fell into place this past season, I knew it was time to cash out.  I thought I would miss it, but honestly, I'm glad I no longer have the hassle.  

I hear that.  Going to one game is fun but no way I could commit every home sunday to it.  It basically takes up your entire sunday especially if you go all out on the tailgate
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 05:52 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I thought about selling for a few years, but we kept having crap seasons, so I kept going and enjoying what I could about it.  When all the tumblers fell into place this past season, I knew it was time to cash out.  I thought I would miss it, but honestly, I'm glad I no longer have the hassle.  

I get it.

I bought tickets for every home game but just didn't get season tickets because I'd never know who could go with me and, when we had a bad season like Carson's last year, or if we played a shitty team or were out of contention, I couldn't give them away. 

I have liked watching the games at places like Wings & Rings, Dickmann's, BWs, and wherever this year more than going. 

Like I've said before, I could only get two tickets because all you ableists buy seats in the crippled section, but Monday Night Football is going to be crazy, especially with my best friend from childhood when we're also playing in the finals and I have Mixon and Burrow!

Not sure what I'll do next year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 06:32 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I hear that.  Going to one game is fun but no way I could commit every home sunday to it.  It basically takes up your entire sunday especially if you go all out on the tailgate

Never did any tailgating, but it was still a full day.  I'd leave the house at about 10 and not get back home until 5:30-6, a seven-plus hour day.  Now I can get all manner of stuff done on a Sunday morning, watch the game, and get a few more things done if I want.  Primetime games were always the worst because it was hard to find someone as dedicated as me to go on a work night.   

(12-31-2022, 06:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I get it.

I bought tickets for every home game but just didn't get season tickets because I'd never know who could go with me and, when we had a bad season like Carson's last year, or if we played a shitty team or were out of contention, I couldn't give them away. 

I have liked watching the games at places like Wings & Rings, Dickmann's, BWs, and wherever this year more than going. 

Like I've said before, I could only get two tickets because all you ableists buy seats in the crippled section, but Monday Night Football is going to be crazy, especially with my best friend from childhood when we're also playing in the finals and I have Mixon and Burrow!

Not sure what I'll do next year. 

This ableist promises you that he never once bought tickets in that section.  But, I must admit that once, just after the gates opened, I did walk over there and have a look at that section.  Those are nice seats with a great height/angle on the field.  
Reply/Quote