Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's "Your Guy" in the draft?
I think Jonathan Bullard is a sleeper. If we did what we did last year, on the defensive line instead, he'd be a nice add to the rotation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 01:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I think Jonathan Bullard is a sleeper.  If we did what we did last year, on the defensive line instead, he'd be a nice add to the rotation.

I like him too. Early on he was in a lot of first round mocks. Now not so much. He would be the perfect replacement for Gilberry.
Reply/Quote
Dodd and Apple

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Sheldon Rankins. Get rid of average to below average players opposite of Atkins and upgrade the interior D-line.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Docston or Sheldon Rankins.
Reply/Quote
BPA
Reply/Quote
In the first round Rankins, Billing, Doctson in that order.

2nd round Shepard, Boyd and A. Johnson.

3rd Round Deion Jones, Glascow and Judon.

4th round Schobert, Allen and Ionidis.
Reply/Quote
Sterling Shephard

Check out his story in this video. He just seems like the kind of kid Marvin would want.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 04:40 PM)Shady Wrote: Sterling Shephard

Check out his story in this video. He just seems like the kind of kid Marvin would want.

Shepard would be a great pick for us. My only fear is that his stock is climbing to the point where I #24 might be a reach, but it's also doubtful that he's at #55. I could see him being an option if we traded down in the first.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 04:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Shepard would be a great pick for us. My only fear is that his stock is climbing to the point where I #24 might be a reach, but it's also doubtful that he's at #55. I could see him being an option if we traded down in the first.

I can see where his rising stock would make it difficult. I'm not sure that he's a first rounder, and rumor has it that they're bringing in Doctson for a workout. They should probably bring in Fuller, Treadwell, & Coleman, too. That would be the top 5 WRs according to NFL Draft Tracker. Docston has 4 inches on Shepard, off-setting the fact that they both had Vertical Leaps of 41 inches at the combine. That gives Doctson a certain edge, though the Vikings or Browns could take him before we get the chance. He's visiting both of them as well as us. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Josh Doctson
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 09:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Josh Doctson

I love Doctson as a player. Am I the only one scared by his age. I think I read today Mike Evans is 8 months younger than him. Was his college success due to a grown man whooping the youngins? Man amongst boys?

29 years old after his 5th year option. Age could push Doctson down the board imo.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2016, 03:45 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJM8WonpMA

The eyeball test says that this guy has the quickness/strength combination that can be so lethal as a pass rusher.

His first name starts with a K and his name rhymes with "Devin Rod"

I knew you meant Kevin Dodd, good player and nice highlights.

But then i watched the Emmanuel Ogbah highlights... Shocked

To the OP, Andrew Billings has been my guy for awhile now. Also like the other Baylor guy of the name Corey Coleman for us.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 02:46 AM)Shady Wrote: I can see where his rising stock would make it difficult. I'm not sure that he's a first rounder, and rumor has it that they're bringing in Doctson for a workout. They should probably bring in Fuller, Treadwell, & Coleman, too. That would be the top 5 WRs according to NFL Draft Tracker. Docston has 4 inches on Shepard, off-setting the fact that they both had Vertical Leaps of 41 inches at the combine. That gives Doctson a certain edge, though the Vikings or Browns could take him before we get the chance. He's visiting both of them as well as us. 

Unless the Browns trade way down, they aren't taking Doctson, likely just doing their due diligence in case there is even a chance he falls to them at #32.

The Vikings however are very likely going to take a WR right before us. It's hard to imagine but their wr corps is in worse shape than ours. I have a strong feeling Doctson or Treadwell gets picked the pick right before ours.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 07:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I love Doctson as a player. Am I the only one scared by his age. I think I read today Mike Evans is 8 months younger than him. Was his college success due to a grown man whooping the youngins? Man amongst boys?

29 years old after his 5th year option. Age could push Doctson down the board imo.

I think the better statistic si that he is 2.5 years older than last years first round pick Amari Cooper...

Though it's not like he is bandon weeden and 28. I don't think Doctsons age is much of an issue though.
Reply/Quote
Round 1: Reed/Rankins/Lee
Round 2: Micheal Thomas WR
Round 3: Pharoh Cooper WR

They need Safety and OLB if Lee is not taken in first round.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I would love to see Ryan Kelly in the 2nd. High character, strong, football intelligence with a nasty streak. Proven performer in the SEC. He would anchor our line for years. Plus he's a local kid from a school I love.
Reply/Quote
BPA
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 09:31 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I would love to see Ryan Kelly in the 2nd.  High character, strong, football intelligence with a nasty streak.  Proven performer in the SEC.  He would anchor our line for years.  Plus he's a local kid from a school I love.

That would be awesome.

I just doubt the FO and PA would Draft a Center that early and pretty much admit they were wrong when they picked Bodine.
Reply/Quote
To win the SB you got to get to the QB, disrupt the pocket and stop the run. So whoever does that best.

Some guys have great football names. Rankins is a great football name.

Our Defense is already nasty. Hope we can make it even nastier.

Rankins in round 1. Billings in round 2. Lets dominate in the trenches.
Reply/Quote